Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Crazy About Cupcakes?!come In, & Get E-books. - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Crazy About Cupcakes?!come In, & Get E-books. (1499 Views)

Fried Rice Is Better Than Jollof. Why Are People Always Crazy About Jollof? / Pls Advise Me On A Recipe For 80 Cupcakes. / Dream Slices Cakes. Affordable Cakes And Cupcakes Available. Call Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Crazy About Cupcakes?!come In, & Get E-books. by freshlaw: 10:12am On Jun 16, 2018
Butter is the fat you that is suggested in most of my baking ventures,as butter adds richness and gives the best flavour.

However, margarine can be used as an alternative,and is less expensive.

Note: choose hard butter/magarine that is described on the pack as suitable for baking.
Re: Crazy About Cupcakes?!come In, & Get E-books. by freshlaw: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2018
Well, I've come to realize that whether you're just trying your fingers on some cupcake design, or you're already well on your way in your baking career, every cake enthusiast can use tips and tricks for a smoother cake journey.

So here's one or two that I've found to be useful:

Place cookies and cupcakes well apart on the baking sheet to allow room for them to spread during baking. A gap of 5cm or 2 inches should be enough. Else, your cookies might look like...

Re: Crazy About Cupcakes?!come In, & Get E-books. by freshlaw: 11:54am On Jun 18, 2018
freshlaw:
I'm back!

For now wink
Re: Crazy About Cupcakes?!come In, & Get E-books. by freshlaw: 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2018
When baking cupcakes and muffins, resist the temptation to open the oven door during the first half of the cooking time.

You know why, right? smiley

Cold air can cause the mixture to sink in the middle.

Yup, happens to me sometimes cry

Re: Crazy About Cupcakes?!come In, & Get E-books. by freshlaw: 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
Always place cookie dough on COLD baking sheets to prevent dough from spreading excessively and browning too much around the edges.

Furthermore, when making a large quantity of cookies ot muffins, leave the baking sheets TO COOL for a few minutes in between baking batches.
Re: Crazy About Cupcakes?!come In, & Get E-books. by freshlaw: 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
freshlaw:
When baking cupcakes and muffins, resist the temptation to open the oven door during the first half of the cooking time.

You know why, right? smiley

Cold air can cause the mixture to sink in the middle.

Yup, happens to me sometimes cry

One more thing that could cause sinking is over-beating.

Don't over-beat cookie mixtures as this can make them rise too much and sink when cool.

Remember, for much more, you can order for either of the e-books.
Re: Crazy About Cupcakes?!come In, & Get E-books. by freshlaw: 8:16am On Jun 19, 2018
Cookies and cupcakes should be transferred to a wire rack as soon as they are firm enough to handle and left to COOL.

This will allow the steam to evaporate and prevent them from becoming soggy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pounded Yam Processor / Who Can Supply Me Natural Fruit Drinks To Lekki / Can You Eat This "Delicious" Soup? (Pics/Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.