Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,571 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man (1899 Views)

Jesus The Exact Reflection Of The Father. / List Of Gods Born By A Virgin On 25th December / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by HardMirror(m): 6:30pm On Jun 15, 2018
Acepen:
Am Not A Religious Person But I Think If I Were God I Will Always Appear To My Followers In Ways They Can Comprehend. As In The Case Of John
weigh all options to establish the truth as much as possible. Could god be so human because it is actually a human creation? Is this too much to accept? We cant just be narrow minded on such an issue were we have overwhelming evidence staked against what it claims to be and yet is astonishingly fashioned to what this topic is implying.
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by johnydon22(m): 6:31pm On Jun 15, 2018
michlins:
Some will defend this with the logic of it's what the folks can only understand but alas some people like the Mayans made predictions based on scientific research and it's still valid till today. But those guys telling folklore didn't see beyond their nose.

A snake was talking and walking so this one is nothing

For most ancient cultures and religions, superstition was intertwined with science.

They studied the natural world as a means to understand the mind of God.

E.g: they read the stars and kept charts, that was the birth of astrology that would culminate into modern astronomy.

The Hebrews however were religious fanatics who deemed such practices to be a pagan practice thus doesn't go well with their idea of God who is really jealous and would punish them for any slight lean.

Deuteronomy 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;

Deuteronomy 18:9-10

“When you come into the land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer...

To the Jews, astrology is not entirely a reputable occupation and it was often inseparable from cultural superstition, omens, divination by cultures who practice it.

So when these cultures due to their study of the heavens came up with amazing finds about the heaven, the Jews were not really interested in such endeavors.

This could explain why most ancient civilizations even ones that came before the Hebrew civilization took place seem a bit more advanced and knowledgeable than the Jews with a spiritual practice that incorporated science into the fabrics of spirituality
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by johnydon22(m): 6:38pm On Jun 15, 2018
HardMirror:
weigh all options to establish the truth as much as possible. Could god be so human because it is actually a human creation? Is this too much to accept? We cant just be narrow minded on such an issue were we have overwhelming evidence staked against what it claims to be and yet is astonishingly fashioned to what this topic is implying.

The most astonishing pointers for me are in the incorporation of human characters to God.

Jealousy, anger, vulnerability, need and rage even though in concept described to be perfect and all powerful
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by johnydon22(m): 6:42pm On Jun 15, 2018
darkchild64:
johnny u re really in the mood today

I notice that atheists on this forums are beginning to argue less or maybe they are more interested in trading insults with some major religious morons on this board (P.s: Religious morons doesn't mean every religious person on this board just one or two individuals who can't seem to differentiate arguments from complete idiocy)

Let me yank this board up once again
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by michlins(m): 6:49pm On Jun 15, 2018
johnydon22:

For most ancient cultures and religions, superstition was intertwined with science.

They studied the natural world as a means to understand the mind of God.

E.g: they read the stars and kept charts, that was the birth of astrology that would culminate into modern astronomy.

The Hebrews however were religious fanatics who deemed such practices to be a pagan practice thus doesn't go well with their idea of God who is really jealous and would punish them for any slight lean.

Deuteronomy 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded;

Deuteronomy 18:9-10

“When you come into the land which the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not learn to follow the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer...

To the Jews, astrology is not entirely a reputable occupation and it was often inseparable from cultural superstition, omens, divination by cultures who practice it.

So when these cultures due to their study of the heavens came up with amazing finds about the heaven, the Jews were not really interested in such endeavors.

This could explain why most ancient civilizations even ones that came before the Hebrew civilization took place seem a bit more advanced and knowledgeable than the Jews with a spiritual practice that incorporated science into the fabrics of spirituality
if not of recent, the jews are just bunch of religious fanatic like their Arab brothers
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by tintingz(m): 9:13pm On Jun 15, 2018
Acepen:
Am Not A Religious Person But I Think If I Were God I Will Always Appear To My Followers In Ways They Can Comprehend.As In The Case Of John
It's funny how some Gods are depicted half-human and half-animal e.g RA, Horus, Set, Ganesha, Yemoja etc. Angels having wings like birds.

These things are more like art in humans imaginations, Gods with human personalities, figures, while some are mixed with animal figures, I think these things were created when the human minds were very curious that they are quick to formulate things.

"Oh that's a beautiful mysterious moon up there, the god must have a moon head with human body."

Gods are more Anthropomorphic in many culture
Re: Gods Are Always A Reflection Of Man by johnydon22(m): 10:03pm On Jun 15, 2018
michlins:
if not of recent, the jews are just bunch of religious fanatic like their Arab brothers

They certainly were.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Who Prophesied Trump's Election In 2007 Reveals 3 More Chilling Predictions / Logical Fallacies Employed In Trinitarian Theology 1 / See The Idol That The People Of Mecca Worshipped As Allah Before Muhammad Was Bo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.