Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 (49215 Views)

Benue Cultists Kill Three, Police Arrest 30 Suspects / Police Arrest 30-Year-Old Man For Raping 75-Year-Old Woman In Anambra (Photo) / Italian Police Arrest 30 Suspected Nigerian Gang Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by nelsonebby(m): 11:37pm On Jun 14, 2018
cityofindustry:
So Nigerians are not aware that the FBI have field offices in Abuja and possibly Lagos?

They are based out of the USA embassy
Because of yahoo boys ? grin
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by encryptjay(m): 11:48pm On Jun 14, 2018
FBI can't leave the shores of America and arrest just 30 yahoo boys in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by GavelSlam: 11:54pm On Jun 14, 2018
Alsini6:
d news is fake my brother calm down don't mind dem oo, FBI don't have jurisdiction in nigeria if it's CIA or interpol we 4 manage d news

Say What you know.

This news was even reported on BBC.
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by PDPGuy: 12:06am On Jun 15, 2018
abdulrazat:
Every educated person knows that FBI does not leave the shores of USA. They have the CIA for international raids and sorts or use the interpol.

EFFC should just hide their face in shame and stop looking for cheap points. You were raiding clubs and universities, and not using technology to track down the culprits. Pure Guess work!!! Arrest anybody that's looking flashy just because "Everybody be criminal" for 9ja.

Sir/ma'am, the FBI has extra-territorial investigative jurisdiction over alleged crimes committed anywhere in the world in which U.S. citizens were among the victims. So, it won't be out of place for the FBI to assist the NPF in the investigation (and possible arrest) of suspects, if those suspects participated in a crime that also targeted Americans.

However, the FBI only typically carries out such operations in countries that are dependent on U.S. aid, such as Nigeria, Pakistan etc. The bureau can never carry out such law enforcement operations in hostile countries i.e Russia, Iran etc.
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by 9janews247: 12:18am On Jun 15, 2018
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by 9janews247: 12:20am On Jun 15, 2018
PDPGuy:

Sir/ma'am, the FBI has extra-territorial investigative jurisdiction over alleged crimes committed anywhere in the world in which U.S. citizens were among the victims. So, it won't be out of place for the FBI to assist the NPF in the investigation (and possible arrest) of suspects, if those suspects participated in a crime that also targeted Americans.

However, the FBI only typically carries out such operations in countries that are dependent on U.S. aid, such as Nigeria, Pakistan etc. The bureau can never carry out such law enforcement operations in hostile countries i.e Russia, Iran etc.

Its not fake news ...they arrested in Nigeria, Canada etc and they would have extradited them to be jailed in the US, this is Trump and Jeff Session hardline world

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/74-arrested-coordinated-international-enforcement-operation-targeting-hundreds-individuals
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by adekennis(m): 12:31am On Jun 15, 2018
abdulrazat:
Every educated person knows that FBI does not leave the shores of USA. They have the CIA for international raids and sorts or use the interpol.

EFFC should just hide their face in shame and stop looking for cheap points. You were raiding clubs and universities, and not using technology to track down the culprits. Pure Guess work!!! Arrest anybody that's looking flashy just because "Everybody be criminal" for 9ja.

Bro fbi are actually present in Nigeria.. There go around with efcc to bust people..believe me it's what I know.

1 Like

Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by taurusdude0(m): 12:37am On Jun 15, 2018
MyPWisINCORRECT:
How FBI leave US come here dey raid hideouts

Interpol no dey again?
na me dey Interpol before,it consists of various agencies from different countries.
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by taurusdude0(m): 12:38am On Jun 15, 2018
MyPWisINCORRECT:

Interpol no dey again?
na me dey Interpol before,it consists of various agencies from different countries. grin

1 Like

Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by taurusdude0(m): 12:44am On Jun 15, 2018
magicminister:
I’m strongly against yahoo yahoo but why is the FBI from United States arresting Nigerians in Nigeria? I can understand if they provide material support for us but using their man power to arrest our citizens just show how much of a puppet our leaders are.

Why don’t they go to China, Russia, North Korea and etc to arrest the hackers that attack them and their government That’s because their respective government are not weak and will not let their citizens be oppressed by foreign institutions. This is so annoying.

You should know that most times the cases they are on in their country leads them here. What else than to join hands to bring their targets down,by the road they are better equipped than EFCC tongue Russia china G7,NK nuclear power it's more tricky working with each other but they sometimes do.apart from NK
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by DaveChapelle: 12:54am On Jun 15, 2018
BafanaBafana:
Why will they allow FBI to be carrying out operations in Nigeria?
I hate nonsense.
By the way yahoo yahoo is not a threat to Nigeria. They should concentrate on other areas like the corruption in the police and other security agencies.

You dey fear

1 Like

Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by DaveChapelle: 12:55am On Jun 15, 2018
yahoo yahoo no be work and if you get caught, well, you very bad at it, so get a real job
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by pooozeee(m): 1:20am On Jun 15, 2018

Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by panpan(m): 3:05am On Jun 15, 2018
It appears EFCC is serving US interests.

Regardless of our opinions about internet fraud, would any of the US law enforcement agencies "raid" or arrest their own citizens for fraud against foreigners, let alone Nigerians?
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by SenorFax(m): 3:23am On Jun 15, 2018
magicminister:
I’m strongly against yahoo yahoo but why is the FBI from United States arresting Nigerians in Nigeria? I can understand if they provide material support for us but using their man power to arrest our citizens just show how much of a puppet our leaders are.

Why don’t they go to China, Russia, North Korea and etc to arrest the hackers that attack them and their government That’s because their respective government are not weak and will not let their citizens be oppressed by foreign institutions. This is so annoying.
Only a yahoo boy will not support FBI in Nigeria

If you think you know your right, go and tell them.

1 Like

Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by politicalpastor: 3:39am On Jun 15, 2018
America FBI don't play . they mean business
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by akilo1: 3:54am On Jun 15, 2018
I must condemn this evil act of yahoo yahoo,so many people gone missing and been kill for this useless act,welcome efcc and FBI, these are the people making all hard working nigerian look bad in all over the world,FBI might be some useful information and 've been tailing these guys long before they arrive and been involve in the arrest ,we must all condemn the evil of these mustard called yahoo yahoo
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by hightempo(m): 4:22am On Jun 15, 2018
I still don't understand the connections. . What is FBI doing in naija.........Do they have right by extension to make an arrest in naija.......in fact this shows how backward we have gone so far in this shit hole called country where anything goes.......Interpol should have been a better option..... what do I know self
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Ade3000yrs(m): 4:27am On Jun 15, 2018
crap news
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by HoodBillionaire: 4:35am On Jun 15, 2018
broke hater
madgoat:
Very good. Those useless yahoo boys always living large and thinking they own the world. May they rot in jail.
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by isalegan2: 5:23am On Jun 15, 2018
revontuli:

You guys are not reading.
Read again: It says The Nigerian Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC is doing the raids in collaboration with the FBI. FBI sends them the IP addresses of the criminals, EFCC does the raid with Nigerian police.

Good job. cheesy EFCC can get it done. cool
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Nobody: 5:28am On Jun 15, 2018
MyPWisINCORRECT:

Interpol no dey again?

yea thats what you get when your useless duklard if a president goes to america to sign an inderstandung with trump allowing the fbi to come in physical force to root out scammers.. believe it as a myth at your own peril.
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by isalegan2: 5:29am On Jun 15, 2018
OttHin:

So now every white/fair man with fried hair you see in nigeria is from usa abi. Your mumu should do la.

They are in Nigeria! My uber driver last week was a retired U.S. Navy and he had been stationed in Lagos and Port Harciurt and all over Africa. He didn't tell me what he was doing there but we can only imagine.
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Nobody: 5:29am On Jun 15, 2018
Mouth Gig:
FAKE NEWS.. grin grin
this is not fake news my brother. its as real as your phone you see right now..

1 Like

Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 15, 2018
abdulrazat:

before this story got to the news i heard it first hand.. apparently you did not get the full details of why buhari went to america. he signed an understanding that allows the fbi operate and burst boys here in nigerja..

1 Like

Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Nobody: 5:33am On Jun 15, 2018
BedLam:
Fake news! Do you know how much resources FBI will put together to be able to do that? Stupid bloggers.

you would have asked how much has been stolen from bluechip companies that makes the fbi interested in coming in flesh to nigeria. you did not get the full details of Buharis america trip.

1 Like

Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 15, 2018
BedLam:
Fake news! Do you know how much resources FBI will put together to be able to do that? Stupid bloggers.

this is super real. heard it even before the news broke
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:37am On Jun 15, 2018
MyPWisINCORRECT:

Interpol no dey again?
u for know say na lie...If Washington post see the headlines...The editor go juz laff say shithole seeking relevance again..Efcc now very reliable and keen on working sadly d truth is lagging..

Sars carry u...U canor pay up or dem nor like ur coordinates..Straight u collect ply wood identification as yahoo boy to efcc..But if u pay u return to street with some emergency numbers for rescue and snitching on would be friends and associates..
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Nobody: 5:38am On Jun 15, 2018
revontuli:

You guys are not reading.
Read again: It says The Nigerian Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC is doing the raids in collaboration with the FBI. FBI sends them the IP addresses of the criminals, EFCC does the raid with Nigerian police.

no. the FBI is in Nigeriaa
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 15, 2018
CertifiedA:
Wey me dey with their boss grin

lol. if thats really you in your profile and in the photo you posted, you dont look like a smart individual..what happened to being anonymous?
Re: FBI And EFCC Raid Internet Fraudsters’ Bases Across Nigeria, Arrest 30 by Nobody: 5:41am On Jun 15, 2018
TheUbermensch:

Our President is like a weak head of the family. Anyone can come into his home and cause damage, assault his wife and children yet he won't say anything.

your weakling of a president gave the consent when he was in the states. many men did not get the full details of that trip.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Kidnappers Arrested In Katsina Forest (Photos) / Cameroonian Woman Kills Her Sister-In-Law, Chops Body For Money Ritual (Graphic) / Two Suspected Robbers Set Ablaze In Calabar By Angry Mob (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.