Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,335 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

The Mathematics Of Giving - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Mathematics Of Giving (261 Views)

The Mathematics Of Answered Prayers / The Mathematics Of Answered Prayers – Pastor Adeboye / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Mathematics Of Giving by kpakpandoN(m): 7:46am On Jun 15, 2018
It may interest you to know that a great number of Christians and Bible scholars do not understand or refuse to understand the deeper meaning of 2 Corinthians 9:6. What does it mean to sow sparingly? Sowing sparingly is the act of giving only a little back to God from the resources He has blessed you with. How do you quantify “Little”? "Little" means the smallest part of a thing. Sowing sparingly is therefore giving just the smallest part of what you are able to give God. An illustration of how we are expected to give can be seen in Luke 21:3-4:
“And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all: For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.”
The above scripture can be described as the mathematics of giving from God’s perspective. The quality of your giving is hidden in what remains in your pocket after you have given to God. Our Lord Jesus Christ said that the rich give unto God out of the abundance of what we have (I align myself with the rich in verse 4 because I want to be numbered among the flourishing); whereas, the poor among us, in spite of their need, give all or almost all that they have. This clearly tells us that those of us who are rich should not compare what we give with what others give because we are not all operating on the same level of prosperity. Do you know that in the parable of the unprofitable servant, if the servant who received five talents had only gained two additional talents, he would have received less commendation than the servant who received two and gained two more (Matthew 25:14-30)? To whom much is given, much is expected. This is the reason why it is dangerous to indulge in self-comparison with others.

The story of the giving widow also shows that it is wrong for us to despise the poor for giving the little that they have. More often than not, they have given a higher percentage of what they have compared to the rich amongst us. Unfortunately, in our churches today, we no longer see the type of outburst of appreciation that Jesus Christ expressed over the action of the poor widow. Sadly, instead of commending, we rather despise those who give out of their poor condition. Beloved, the question is, after you have dropped your offering, how much do you have left for wants (not needs)? I appeal to you to sow bountifully into the work of God’s kingdom when next the opportunity comes your way, and you will reap bountifully in Jesus’ Name.
Written by Pastor E.A Adeboye.
Re: The Mathematics Of Giving by hisgrace090: 8:03am On Jun 15, 2018
Giving is the oil that lubricates the world.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Popular Doctrines Of Demons In This End-time / Get Affordable Video For Your Church Programmes / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 02/07/18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.