Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) (25186 Views)

Real Madrid Unveil Photos Of Their New Bernabeu Stadium With Retractable Roof / Julen Lopetegui: Spain Sacks Coach After He Takes Real Madrid Job / Real Madrid Appoints Julen Lopetegui As New Head Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by WotzupNG: 9:59am On Jun 15, 2018
Julen Lopetegui has been unveiled as the new manager of Real Madrid just days after he was sacked from the position of Spain’s national tea coach.

The Spanish Football Federation (SFF) sacked Lopetegui on Wednesday after he was announced as next Real Madrid coach on Tuesday despite having committed his future to Spain’s national team by signing a deal until 2020.

Spanish FA president Luis Rubiales claimed he was only aware Lopetegui had agreed on a deal five minutes before Real announced it.

Speaking at his unveiling at a press conference on Thursday evening, the former Real goalkeeper, said: ‘We will try and win everything. I just want to thank everyone, I feel like part of the Real family. Yesterday, after the death of my mother, was the saddest of my life, but today is the happiest day of my life.’

Before Lopetegui spoke, Real president Florentino Perez accused the Spanish FA of ‘disrespecting’ Real and attempting to ‘destroy our image’ in an extraordinary statement.

He said:
‘We wanted to have this act after the World Cup, a successful World Cup for our national team. However circumstances mean we are here now, and we are delighted to welcome the new manager of our team.

‘I know for you, Julen, today is a day of a lot of feelings, strange feelings, as you wanted to be world champion, you wanted to make Spain champion of the world and then be manager of your dear Real Madrid.

‘Inevitably there will be some comments about what has happened, but Real and Julen made an agreement to work together after the World Cup, respecting his contract. We wanted to do it before the World Cup to make it transparent and avoid rumours.

‘There is no precedent that a manager agrees to become manager of a team after a competition and that agreement has been interpreted as disloyal. If you think it is, well, that is not how we do things in modern Spain. It is not true at all.

‘We wanted to make it transparent and clear to prevent leaks that could damage Spain during the World Cup. This agreement seemed all normal, but then it was a reaction of pride from the FA president which has disrespected Real Madrid.

https://www.wotzup.ng/julen-lopetegui-unveiled-real-madrid/

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by WotzupNG: 10:00am On Jun 15, 2018
MORE PHOTOS

Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by bedspread: 10:07am On Jun 15, 2018
I really didn't see any Wrong in wat Real Madrid did!

Conte Knew he was Heading for Chelsea even before the Euro started

The Netherlands coach to the last World Cup knew he he was Goibg to ManU...

I think it's just a Matter of Ego btw the Leaders.... Nothing More

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by Jirate(m): 12:41pm On Jun 15, 2018
We Are Not Interested.........

1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by nwaChief007: 3:49pm On Jun 15, 2018
welcome to Spain, enjoy your stay..

FCB 4ever..

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by Boyooosa(m): 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2018
Ramos lacks spirit of sportmanship
Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by PassionateSoul(m): 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2018
Waiting for Nwamaikpe's comment.

Lemme book space for him
Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by Pabloosas(m): 3:50pm On Jun 15, 2018
Ok
Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by lilfreezy: 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2018
undecided
Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by yungkesh(m): 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2018
I must be FTC one day
Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2018
K
Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by yungkesh(m): 3:51pm On Jun 15, 2018
I must be FTC one day. Sompple are jxt taking it personal

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by Herrmes: 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2018
Another one, this post is coming late though.
Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by Teeisaac(m): 3:52pm On Jun 15, 2018
There business
Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by lexyman(m): 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2018
this is a club that knows what they want ... they can shake any where to get what they want ... shaken the whole of Spain to pick their desired manager ,even at the expense of Spain world cup hope grin

5 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by LazyNairalander(m): 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2018
This man self... he ditched his country in Russia cos of perez peanuts? anyway I am waiting for when perez will kick his sorry a**......Just check my SIGNATURE

4 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by Jasperro(m): 3:53pm On Jun 15, 2018
nice 1
Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by shadrach77: 3:54pm On Jun 15, 2018
bedspread:
I really didn't see any Wrong in wat Real Madrid did!

Conte Knew he was Heading for Chelsea even before the Euro started

The Netherlands coach to the last World Cup knew he he was Goibg to ManU...

You are silly sir. He breached his contract by signing another contract with another team. It's not Nigeria where anything goes tongue

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by goingsolo: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2018
Pussycat shocked shocked shocked
Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by phoenix90(m): 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2018
bedspread:
I really didn't see any Wrong in wat Real Madrid did

You're right bro. But I think Rubiales felt intimidated and disrespected for the way he was informed at the last minute of the deal. I mean Spain is a multicultural team with rival clubs like Madrid, Atletico and Barcelona having their players in the national team. His continued stay as the coach could bring rancor among the players.
Florentino Perez pulled a masterstroke but it didn't come out as expected

5 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by whiteTORTIISE(m): 3:58pm On Jun 15, 2018
good news
Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by ndidibabe(f): 4:03pm On Jun 15, 2018
phoenix90:

You're right bro. But I think Rubiales felt intimidated and disrespected for the way he was informed at the last minute of the deal. I mean Spain is a multicultural team with rival clubs like Madrid, Atletico and Barcelona having their players in the national team. His continued stay as the coach could bring rancor among the players.
Florentino Perez pulled a masterstroke but it didn't come out as expected
Well said..

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by Throwback: 4:06pm On Jun 15, 2018
A foolish coach that had no respect for his own team and FA, despite the world cup.

Perez should shut his yap about any disrespect to Real Madrid, because him and Madrid did not respect the nation of Spain, and just could not wait to do things at the proper time even if it would hurt the national team.

5 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by bedspread: 4:08pm On Jun 15, 2018
[s]
shadrach77:

You are silly sir. He breached his contract by signing another contract with another team. It's not Nigeria where anything goes tongue
[/s] Sharaap Sir... Did his Contract say he cannot Talk to Any other It's just a Matter of Ego from the men involved....
Afterall He didn't Resign From Coaching the Team... go see his press conference...

6 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by anigold(m): 4:16pm On Jun 15, 2018
LazyNairalander:
This man self... he ditched his country in Russia cos of perez peanuts? anyway I am waiting for when perez will kick his sorry a**......Just check my SIGNATURE
he better win la Liga straight three times and Champions league same if not his sack will be faster than usain bolt.. Madrid feels that a club is bigger than Spain as a Nation. What happened to waiting after the World cup before announcing the new coach.

5 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by Myself2(m): 4:22pm On Jun 15, 2018
Soja go, soja come
Barrack remains
Life goes on
Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by LazyNairalander(m): 4:22pm On Jun 15, 2018
anigold:
he better win la Liga straight three times and Champions league same if not his sack will be faster than usain bolt.. Madrid feels that a club is bigger than Spain as a Nation. What happened to waiting after the World cup before announcing the new coach.

my mind exactly! come on is not like the world cup isn't going to end next month. While la liga is till August.
Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by quickly: 4:22pm On Jun 15, 2018
Make him no win champions league and La Liga next season they will fire him ASAP
Re: Real Madrid Unveil Julen Lopetegui As New Manager (photos) by id911(m): 4:26pm On Jun 15, 2018
Stupid coach... Perez will fire you immediately you don't win Champions League next season

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gonzalo Higuain's £49M Move to Chelsea Takes a New Twist / FIFA Decides To Cancel The 2020 'The Best' Awards Ceremony (marca) / Short Guys Turn Asisat Oshoala Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.