Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,176 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' (38040 Views)

Actor Yemi Solade And Wife Celebrates Wedding Anniversary,shares Romantic Photos / Yemi Solade & His son in matching outfits / Lawal Dolapo Accuses Yemi Solade Of Demanding Sex From Her For Role. He Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by dinma007: 2:04am On Jun 16, 2018
Nollywood actor Yemi Solade is fed up of Nigeria and has cried out that he may start planning on relocating to another country with his family.

Read his rant during an interview with Punchng.com below.

Solade noted that although some of his Nollywood colleagues seem to be doing well for themselves, they may be into other things asides from acting.

“For the first time in a long while, I gave up on Nigeria. I might decide to relocate to another country and this is what I always criticise my colleagues for.

Nigeria is killing me. I have been so patriotic, but I think I have to face the reality now. I have a job that is not putting meals on my table the way it should and I don’t want my children to suffer.

It is terrible if we continue to lose our best minds to other countries. I don’t want to have money like Femi Otedola; I don’t pray for it and I don’t need it at my age. All I need are the basic things in life, which I can use to take care of myself, my wife and my children.

“I struggle to get good jobs; I have done my best. I should have left Nigeria 20 years ago, but I stayed to contribute my quota to its development.

I am getting older; I am older than some of the governors in Nigeria and I cannot be running to them for survival. I cannot steal money like some people do and we all know that stealing is not good. I pay my bills with the pay I get from producers, but it is tiny. I am bleeding inwards right now and it is not good for my age. I have to begin to look elsewhere for survival.

“I am a thoroughbred professional. I don’t know what my colleagues do, though I see most of them running after people in government.

I cannot serve one or two senators who will probably give me a jeep or any other car. Anytime I want to travel, the senator takes care of my ticket also. But that is not my orientation. I don’t need to run to anyone when I have a job.

There is no way anyone will tell me that an actor who drives a luxury car gets the money from acting. Inasmuch as I don’t want to go into details, we all know this. Once our profession is attractive, actors don’t need to struggle to pay their bills.

I have been an actor for over four decades; so, if I ask for N2m for a role, is it too much?

Wizkid and Davido only perform on stage for a few minutes and they attract millions of naira. I am happy for these young men, but it is not the case for actors who spend long hours on set.

The Yoruba arm of the industry is not as lucrative as you think. For me, I just stick to the job and I depend on whatever I earn as an actor from producers. From the look of things, the few of us who started early in the industry are the ones suffering.

I am happy for the likes of Odunlade Adekola, who came afterwards and they feel he is better. Since the younger people share the resources with each other, what do I do?

I am not a producer and I don’t think there is anything wrong about that. Once a producer calls you and you demand a certain amount, they run away and bring in their untrained friends.

The actors who are getting it right should tell us how they have been able to live very comfortable. I have people that I go to for one help or the other, but they trivialise it and I can’t be begging you because I want you to invest in a project.

Once you go to them for assistance, they can ask you to link them up with one actress.”

https://lailasnews.com/nigeria-is-killing-me-i-might-relocate-soon-yemi-solade-laments/

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by weyreypey: 2:12am On Jun 16, 2018
Hmmm deep deep .... Earlier you escape Nigeria the better

145 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by ogtavia(m): 3:56am On Jun 16, 2018
Honestly..i feel his pain. Its difficult to be honest in this country.

226 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by enoch273: 5:01am On Jun 16, 2018
If you like move to libya, there is a wide line between a JOB and a Career, the former leaves you Just Over Broke.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by itspzpics(m): 5:51am On Jun 16, 2018
B4 nko

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Nukilia: 7:08am On Jun 16, 2018
Have you seen anyone that is not affected by this cruel nation?

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Dreyl(m): 7:15am On Jun 16, 2018
I guess you don't know this is a zoo, thank God I have two passports.

33 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Mujtahida: 7:23am On Jun 16, 2018
ogtavia:
Honestly..i feel his pain. Its difficult to be honest in this country.
Almost impossible to be honest in this country. Nigeria makes the imperative of survival too pressing, too choking, makes life so demanding. If you want some air, you gats to steal, deceive and cheat others. A regular Nigerian is a cheat. I'm not judging no one. Nigeria made us so.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by lilfreezy: 9:19am On Jun 16, 2018
Their sophisticated leaders will not hear their cry undecided

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 16, 2018
no be Yoruba people wey make buhari win, why is he complaining now undecided my friend enjoy your change

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by ozoebuka1(m): 9:19am On Jun 16, 2018
If you were one of those that voted Buhari in, I pray may your relocation never work angry angry angry

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by kennosklint(m): 9:19am On Jun 16, 2018
How that one take affect us.mtcheeeeww
Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by IeatPussy: 9:20am On Jun 16, 2018
Lol. My visa is almost ready. i will watch 2026 world cup live. tongue

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by dollarcoolcat(m): 9:21am On Jun 16, 2018
Tbh this country is a joke that's not funny! forget those fake smiles in selfies, the kind of frustration people carry about eh... Many times it not village people, but a fvxk up nation

I'm equally tired phew

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Misterdhee1(m): 9:21am On Jun 16, 2018
Mujtahida:

Almost impossible to be honest in this country. Nigeria makes the imperative of survival too pressing, too choking, makes life so demanding. If you want some air, you gats to steal, deceive and cheat others. A regular Nigerian is a cheat. I'm not judging no one. Nigeria made us so.
100% Truth!

"Please consider listing as an event vendor on www.planit.ng to get more customers (100% FREE)"

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Divay22(f): 9:21am On Jun 16, 2018
Never have one source of income.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by eleojo23: 9:22am On Jun 16, 2018
The more I try to have hope in Nigeria, the more I see reasons to give up on her.

Honestly, this is a frustrating place to live. Nothing is normal here.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by kingthreat(m): 9:23am On Jun 16, 2018
True, as a web developer, I am being pressured to start yahoo yahoo everyday. It really is not easy to be honest in this country

31 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Josh44s(m): 9:23am On Jun 16, 2018
This is exactly what every Nigerian is going through. We do not want Otedola or Dangote wealth, just the basic amenities to enable life and the environment conducive for us to live in. An ordinary nursery school teacher overseas live a standard life, a barber, mechanic, laborer, Sales reps live comfortable lives, own exotic rides, lives in good apartments overeseas. Policemen overseas are living so comfortable that you will want to join the police force not to mention the Army or Navy. This is the sad reality in Nigeria and almost 97% of countries in Africa. I am tired abeg, I am really tired and I give up just like this man. God help us. embarassed embarassed

106 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 16, 2018
THIS IS NIGERIA......

6 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by colonist(m): 9:23am On Jun 16, 2018
as much as I will concur with him as regards leaving this country ... cos even me, I don't understand Nigeria again

he doesn't seem to sound like a person that is willing to do what ever it takes to seize his moment....

baba if it takes you to ask.... better do it....
u even have people u can ask... some people don't have.

Na jungle we de so.... do what u can to put food on the table man.

10 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by phadat(m): 9:24am On Jun 16, 2018
Touched and at the same time speechless, a talented actor for crying out loud it is well

35 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Shortyy(f): 9:24am On Jun 16, 2018
OMG his children are cute!!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Chiefkk200: 9:24am On Jun 16, 2018
Nice decision

2 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by greggng: 9:24am On Jun 16, 2018
dinma007:
Nollywood actor Yemi Solade is fed up of Nigeria and has cried out that he may start planning on relocating to another country with his family.

Read his rant during an interview with Punchng.com below.

Solade noted that although some of his Nollywood colleagues seem to be doing well for themselves, they may be into other things asides from acting.

“For the first time in a long while, I gave up on Nigeria. I might decide to relocate to another country and this is what I always criticise my colleagues for.

Nigeria is killing me. I have been so patriotic, but I think I have to face the reality now. I have a job that is not putting meals on my table the way it should and I don’t want my children to suffer.

It is terrible if we continue to lose our best minds to other countries. I don’t want to have money like Femi Otedola; I don’t pray for it and I don’t need it at my age. All I need are the basic things in life, which I can use to take care of myself, my wife and my children.

“I struggle to get good jobs; I have done my best. I should have left Nigeria 20 years ago, but I stayed to contribute my quota to its development.

I am getting older; I am older than some of the governors in Nigeria and I cannot be running to them for survival. I cannot steal money like some people do and we all know that stealing is not good. I pay my bills with the pay I get from producers, but it is tiny. I am bleeding inwards right now and it is not good for my age. I have to begin to look elsewhere for survival.

“I am a thoroughbred professional. I don’t know what my colleagues do, though I see most of them running after people in government.

I cannot serve one or two senators who will probably give me a jeep or any other car. Anytime I want to travel, the senator takes care of my ticket also. But that is not my orientation. I don’t need to run to anyone when I have a job.

There is no way anyone will tell me that an actor who drives a luxury car gets the money from acting. Inasmuch as I don’t want to go into details, we all know this. Once our profession is attractive, actors don’t need to struggle to pay their bills.

I have been an actor for over four decades; so, if I ask for N2m for a role, is it too much?

Wizkid and Davido only perform on stage for a few minutes and they attract millions of naira. I am happy for these young men, but it is not the case for actors who spend long hours on set.

The Yoruba arm of the industry is not as lucrative as you think. For me, I just stick to the job and I depend on whatever I earn as an actor from producers. From the look of things, the few of us who started early in the industry are the ones suffering.

I am happy for the likes of Odunlade Adekola, who came afterwards and they feel he is better. Since the younger people share the resources with each other, what do I do?

I am not a producer and I don’t think there is anything wrong about that. Once a producer calls you and you demand a certain amount, they run away and bring in their untrained friends.

The actors who are getting it right should tell us how they have been able to live very comfortable. I have people that I go to for one help or the other, but they trivialise it and I can’t be begging you because I want you to invest in a project.

Once you go to them for assistance, they can ask you to link them up with one actress.”

https://lailasnews.com/nigeria-is-killing-me-i-might-relocate-soon-yemi-solade-laments/

Intact he is saying the truth. I do see him at gowon estate were the wife has a shop. Things is not well with him. Then wife is a mix race. Her mum from Switzerland. I wonder what the husband is still doing in this shit hole

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Temple1288(m): 9:24am On Jun 16, 2018
Dreyl:
I guess you don't know this is a zoo, thank God I have two passports.

Bro in a matter of months I shall be a proud owner of the Russian Passport

8 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 16, 2018
Nigeria my country,abeg dnt go o,we are in dis togeda

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by lastempero: 9:25am On Jun 16, 2018
Dog eat dog thats the OT here and the world at large,it's a capitalist world embarassed the earlier u sink that into ur mind the better for u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 16, 2018
colonist:
as much as I will concur with u as regards leaving.....

u don't seem to sound like a person that is willing to do what ever it takes to seize your moment
I think you have a point

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by onatisi(m): 9:26am On Jun 16, 2018
who is he complaining to now ?
it is better for him to do the right thing now , he should have relocated long time ago when he had all the chances and he was much younger . when femi ogedengbe left , most of them were laughing and making jest of him.

21 Likes

Re: Yemi Solade: 'Nigeria Is Killing Me! I Might Relocate Soon' by KanwuliaExtra: 9:26am On Jun 16, 2018
Lamentations from A SHYTE HOLE!
The SHYTE HOLE will KILL YOU!

Lucky to have escaped! cool

Not even TARTY BILLYON $$$ for my AKANTY oooooo can make me stay in that SHYTE HOLE with a Fulani Herdsman as president!

Tufiaaaaaaa kwa!!!! cry
DIRTY, SMELLING, DEPRESSING COUNTRY OF A SHYTE HOLE! cry

Goodluck sir! ONLY THIEVES make it BIG in Africa!
Or you have to sleep with Abacha’s corpse for ritual to get “oil BLOKOS”! cheesy

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Medical Student Draws Trey Songz (Photo) / Tonto Dikeh's son's award shows his surname has officially been changed to Dikeh / Real Warri Pikin & Husband Set For Their Dream Wedding 10 Yrs After 1st Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.