Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. (49485 Views)

FRSC Officials Return N27M Recovered After Deaths Of 8 Edo Indigenes. PICS / Lady Who Survived The Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes From Spain / Photos Of 8 Edo Indigenes Who Died In Fatal Accident On Return From Spain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by Mrjo(m): 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
Mutemenot:
that man be like who dey enter bush every morning. RIP
COMFIRM! MORING DEVOCTION.
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 16, 2018
johnmattew:
no need for autopsy.....fatigue and zeal to meet up the demands of transport companies caused the accident.most transport companies overwork their drivers.imagine a driver driving to Benin early in d morning from lagos and he is expected to convey passengers in Benin back to Lagos that same day

Then quit the job.
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by mandate12: 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2018
johnmattew:
this is why I clalwayd chose God is good motors,they don't drive above 100km/hr.iyare drivers are kbown for overspeeeding

I stopped using Iyare caus they r so rude, negligent and have zero customer relationship. They overspeed and pay no attention to passengers complaint.
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:33pm On Jun 16, 2018
doublewisdom:

Bros, that accident happened in Nigeria.
. So? Can't autopsy be done here or don't they do drugs?
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by emperorblog1995: 10:39pm On Jun 16, 2018
Rubbish player
Bad road
bad government
bad electricity
all the better playee that could,play for,Nigeria are now doing Yahoo Yahoo
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by kabillion(m): 11:05pm On Jun 16, 2018
And those Mark trucks, 100% pure still. RIP
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by Rejoice5000(f): 11:21pm On Jun 16, 2018
doublewisdom:

Bros, that accident happened in Nigeria.
Hahahaha yes Nigeria.still thinking of their loss now dis one
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by santricedupas(m): 11:48pm On Jun 16, 2018
johnmattew:
no need for autopsy.....fatigue and zeal to meet up the demands of transport companies caused the accident.most transport companies overwork their drivers.imagine a driver driving to Benin early in d morning from lagos and he is expected to convey passengers in Benin back to Lagos that same day

I will blame federal government for the accident, I do ply that section of the road regularly, the road is under construction for the past 5 years, julius berger section stops at sagamu, rcc section stops at british american tobacco factory in ibadan, but due to politics the contractors abandon the projects once in a while, so this section that the iyare bus got an accident is being demarcated with concrete culvet, which make that road narrower. over taking the trailer at such aa narrow road is tedious.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by blazebaba(m): 12:17am On Jun 17, 2018
zombieHUNTER:
They should run an autopsy.....

He might be high on drugs while on wheels

angry undecidedso if them con ru autopsy wey the guy really dey high on drug really will they come back to life abi you go jail person wey don die....

Better talk with intellectual cry
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by zombieHUNTER: 12:27am On Jun 17, 2018
blazebaba:

angry undecidedso if them con ru autopsy wey the guy really dey high on drug really will they come back to life abi you go jail person wey don die....

This comment is the reason Africa remains a shithole...

Don't you know that if you know what happened.. You can device means to prevent future occurrences

1 Like

Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by blazebaba(m): 12:39am On Jun 17, 2018
zombieHUNTER:

This comment is the reason Africa remains a shithole...

Don't you know that if you know what happened.. You can device means to prevent future occurrences

shocked ohh really, bro you just let the dead rest in peace..

They had a terrific accident like that and you want to be running autopsy on them...so the autopsy now is gonna prevent another accident from happening or you should just pray to your lord for divine mercy....
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by AreaFada2: 4:13am On Jun 17, 2018
blazebaba:

This is a very African way of seeing things and it doesn't allow us make progress. We cannot keep wondering why the West are far ahead of us. It is mostly attitudinal difference.

Autopsy may not resurrect people but it has many important roles.

Firstly to establish cause of death. It seems obvious it was an accident but it might tell us what contributed to the accident.

For example the driver could have had a heart attack just before hitting the Mack truck. A brain tumour could have triggered a fit at that moment or affected co-ordination & motor functions/reaction speed/vision/perception of the driver. People routinely conceal medical conditions for fear of losing their job. Even more so in a country with few jobs.

If such previous medical condition was present, it could make the Transport Company introduce a more rigorous and regular medical for drivers. That will protect me and you better long term.

If indeed the driver was not under the influence of drug/alcohol and no medical condition, perhaps their drivers need a better "hazard perception" training and tests. Also of course for insurance purposes to compensate families of the deceased. Many who die in such accidents daily are breadwinners with young families.

See two examples I know. One person died suddenly in Europe and another died suddenly in Nigeria around 11 months apart some years ago.

The one who died in Europe has kids both in Europe & Nigeria. Autopsy showed that he died of a congenital heart condition that is hard to diagnose until death/autopsy. His kids in Europe are being monitored by cardiologists to see if they have inherited the condition. Meanwhile the kids in Nigeria are not being monitored. So the kids in Nigeria are to be relocated so they can be monitored too.

The man who died in Nigeria had an autopsy done yet nothing was found. Perhaps not thorough enough or no facilities to do it well.

A lot of illnesses we understand better today are thanks to autopsies that helped understand the way they start, progress and their effects that lead to death/debilitation.

While death is irreversible, knowledge got from studying cause of death can benefit the living immensely.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by Nobody: 4:14am On Jun 17, 2018
The irony of it all is that when the FRSC tried to implement the speed limiter device policy,these crazy drivers' union, in cahoots with the National Assembly kicked against it.
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by nairavsdollars(f): 4:39am On Jun 17, 2018
I see a Lords Chosen man with apron just looking like dundee. Cant he do something?
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by HoodBillionaire: 6:42am On Jun 17, 2018
iyare motor wey wan go place me for bwcknof lorry im 2014 on my way to ekpoma.brake failure
if not that the lorry in front of us swerved to the left
naso we for all die o
see speed aa at 160km/h
omo whenni come down
see aa i dey shake
naso i for just poof like dat
since then if we dey travel.i dey warn driver
no over speeding
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by zombieHUNTER: 8:06am On Jun 17, 2018
blazebaba:

shocked ohh really, bro you just let the dead rest in peace..

They had a terrific accident like that and you want to be running autopsy on them...so the autopsy now is gonna prevent another accident from happening or you should just pray to your lord for divine mercy....

Africa is finished
Pray to God? Again
Where was God when they died

Guy we are the masters of our lives and destiny
We control the universe... We have the means and power
Two things were involved
It's either the driver was overworked by the company
Or he was high on something... Which can be prevented
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by redsun(m): 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2018
The people he was carrying that were supposedly Europe based were in the position to caution him and teach him some driving manners, but they probably weren't any better as regards road traffic manners. They couldn't wait to get to Benin to show off, undermining the dangers of breakneck speed on death trap motorwaY.99 PERCENT OF NIGERIAN DRIVERS ARE UNTRAINED AND 99 PERCENT OF NIGERIAN ROADS ARE NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE. IT IS SUICIDAL.
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by CioAngels(f): 2:08pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ngozi (Blessing) Mokobia, your family never knew you were coming home only to hear of your pass, it is very sad. May your gentle (yes, you were too very gentle indeed) rest in peace. One of the deceased. She was from Delta state, an (Ukwuani/Agbor) indigene.
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by CioAngels(f): 2:20pm On Jun 17, 2018
It high time the transport companies is subjected to be paying the families of anyone that dies in their vehicle by accident. When you tell drivers to slow down on their speed, for a woman, they will call her a witch. The companies will have to bear the carelessness of their drivers when they fail to train/caution them, They should not make them to run two trips a day which is made out of greed by the companies.
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by redsun(m): 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2018
CioAngels:
Ngozi (Blessing) Mokobia, your family never knew you were coming home only to hear of your pass, it is very sad. May your gentle (yes, you were too very gentle indeed) rest in peace. One of the deceased. She was from Delta state, an (Ukwuani/Agbor) indigene.

Is she precisely from her umunede? That name sounds very familiar to me and I just hope she’s not the person I have in mind
Re: Photo Of The Bus Driver Involved In Fatal Accident That Killed 8 Edo Indigenes. by johnmattew: 6:58pm On Jun 18, 2018
mandate12:

I stopped using Iyare caus they r so rude, negligent and have zero customer relationship. They overspeed and pay no attention to passengers complaint.
iyare drivers are touts

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Blue Line Trains On Their Way From China (Photos & Video). / Total Number Of Foreigners In South Africa As At 2017- United Nations / Bride-to-be Dies In Terrible Car Accident 2 Weeks To Wedding (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.