Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. (27005 Views)

Pogba Speaks On World Cup Finals Against Croatia / Etebo Replies A Fan Who Said He Played Rubbish Against Croatia / Super Eagles Line Up Against Croatia. Etebo, Ndidi Mikel,omeruo Starts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by realmanarken(m): 10:59pm On Jun 16, 2018
Etihadstore:
I said it before now that nigeria will lose against Croatia and ye all came at me like angry

However y'all should get ya calculators let's starts our permutations and combinations

Say Argentina wins Croatia
Argentina = 4

Nigeria wins iceland
Nigeria = 3

Croatia draws Iceland
Croatia = 4

Nigerian wins Argentina
Nigeria = 6

Iceland = 5

Nigeria tops the group
grin
. see rubbish story .....,..keep dreaming... Iceland will win or draw nja.....
nja can never win Argentina.
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by naijaguy123456(m): 11:00pm On Jun 16, 2018
DateMynd44:
but at first you used to fight against IPOB
now you've come back to senses abi?
am fighting against people who talk trash of my tribe.
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by Owamudia: 11:01pm On Jun 16, 2018
Melkos:
First of all we didn't play bad we were just unlucky and the coach made the wrong choice in removing Iwobi instead of Moses or Mikel. Nevertheless we'll wait and see how we fare against Iceland and Argentina.

We were lackadaisical for most of the game.
Our legs hardly touched the ball in the last 4 minutes.
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by Teeboi56: 11:03pm On Jun 16, 2018
Atouke:
The super eagles were terrible today against Croatia in their opening match at the Russia 2018 world cup.
This is the worst game the super eagles have had in their world cup history.
All the players were terrible, the coach came with a rigid game plan that emasculated the team and locked in their advantage which was their youthful energy.
The super eagles looked pitiable against their opponent.
What do you guys think?
U ave said it all
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by enemyofprogress: 11:03pm On Jun 16, 2018
In the news...

FG blames PDP over Eagle's poor outing with Croatia
...We inherited a weak team from Jonathan- Lia Mohammed

Details later...
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by oyetpel(m): 11:04pm On Jun 16, 2018
gentlegenius:

Even the fine Jersey they went there to display, I didn't see them wear it tonight.
Like you rightly said, buhari is an epitome of bad luck. Everywhere he goes, Bad luck followed him. He visited Morocco, they lost their first game to a common Iran... He called our Eagles before the game, we lost our first game to a Croatian team that wasn't even fantastic tonight.

2019 should come quickly so that we can vote out this bad luck from our country.

Croatia were the designated home team through the seeding which they used to group them. We were the designated away team. Croatia have plenty white on their home jersey, which is why we couldn't wear our best jersey.
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by resurgent2019: 11:07pm On Jun 16, 2018
gideon19:
I refuse to be tired of this country.

You had better get tired fast—for the sake of your kids. Do you want them to be citizens of this country?
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by Sttropez2: 11:12pm On Jun 16, 2018
naijaguy123456:
First goal own goal, second a penalty, that sum up the state of zoos football, I'll be surprised if they manage to score a single goal. Iceland is 300,000 same size of a local government in Nigeria, Croatia is 4 million, same size as Osun state. This country is doomed since the time of lord lugard, big for nothing but only gold medal in corruption.

And then Messi go see Naija now and start scoring us like we stole the goat he did photo shoot with
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by naijaguy123456(m): 11:14pm On Jun 16, 2018
Sttropez2:

And then Messi go see Naija now and start scoring us like we stole the goat he did photo shoot with
If na you nko ?
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by resurgent2019: 11:16pm On Jun 16, 2018
tete7000:
The comments here says it all about Nigeria. A country full of overly pessimistic people who still want something good to happen to them.

Fvck off!!! Have Nigerians not been patriotic enough ? The country has failed and what remains is for us to fight a war.

I don’t know how any rational person can still have hope in Nigeria. It has failed irretrievably!!!! Only politicians and criminals enjoy Nigeria. We have almost 170million distressed and bitter people. It is time we sat down and renegotiate our union.

See what Iceland, a country of 340k were able to do at the World Cup today. Are you not ashamed of yourself as a Nigerian?
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 16, 2018
Nigeria should quit football they are a disgrace infact FiFa should reduce africa representative to 1 because they are all useless no african team was able to win useless continent

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by IamThrive(m): 11:22pm On Jun 16, 2018
*Davido*: Are you done falling, Moses are you done falling?
*Victor Moses*: I Don't wanna be a player no more, I don't wanna be a player no more!#CRONGA

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by gentlegenius(m): 11:25pm On Jun 16, 2018
oyetpel:

Croatia were the designated home team through the seeding which they used to group them. We were the designated away team. Croatia have plenty white on their home jersey, which is why we couldn't wear our best jersey.
Nice explanation... But that is not the reason why we play nonsense.
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 16, 2018
DateMynd44:
the lazy idiotic pigs of biafra players in that team caused bad luck

Zombies have started blame games grin cheesy

Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by KanwuliaExtra: 11:31pm On Jun 16, 2018
Expecting success from BUHARI’s APC EAGLES? grin
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by tete7000(m): 11:47pm On Jun 16, 2018
resurgent2019:

Fvck off!!! Have Nigerians not been patriotic enough ? The country has failed and what remains is for us to fight a war.

I don’t know how any rational person can still have hope in Nigeria. It has failed irretrievably!!!! Only politicians and criminals enjoy Nigeria. We have almost 170million distressed and bitter people. It is time we sat down and renegotiate our union.

See what Iceland, a country of 340k were able to do at the World Cup today. Are you not ashamed of yourself as a Nigerian?

I am not ashamed of myself as a Nigerian. Tell me why should I when I didn't chose where I will be born. I am not a frustrated person like you because I know that even in seemingly hopeless situation, I will always come on top. I report to my duty post every morning, full of positive energy, ready to do all within my little capability to improve the lots of those around. I am not a whinning pessimist like you and I can't be. People like you can complain from now till thy kingdom come, you generate negative energy, collectively run down the commonwealth but always turn around to blame your leaders. But do you really think a house full of a people like you deserve better leaders? Listen to yourself and tell me how your rants are different from recent Buhari's utterances. My advice to you is that you learn to stay positive, it does you a lot of good when you are caught in situations beyond your control. For now, you can't do Jack about your status as a Nigerian, embrace it and learn to be happy with it. For your information, I don't see a way out for you anytime soon. Even if you end up breaking Nigeria, who told you your situation will improve with your negative and frustrated attitude to life? Think my dear, there is more to life than citizenship of country one belongs to.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by Wapnetrealmcom: 11:57pm On Jun 16, 2018
Watch the highlights Nigeria lost their opener to Croatia (2-0)

Nigeria lost their opener to Croatia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01s8n66UWHc

Mynd44 Dominique Lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by donbenie(m): 1:23am On Jun 17, 2018
Atouke:
The super eagles were terrible today against Croatia in their opening match at the Russia 2018 world cup.
This is the worst game the super eagles have had in their world cup history.
All the players were terrible, the coach came with a rigid game plan that emasculated the team and locked in their advantage which was their youthful energy.
The super eagles looked pitiable against their opponent.
What do you guys think?
Really?.. this was the worst World Cup match Nigeria has ever played according to you?
There are at least 4 World Cup matches WORST than this that Nigeria have played..1. Nig vs Denmark 1998 .2. Nig vs Arg 2002.3.Nig vs Argentina 2010.4. Nig vs Paraguay 1998
We may have lost but your blanket condemnation of the team is far from being realistic and uncalled for.,if we win our next game you will be the first to start singing a new tune..
Croatia upon all your hype couldn't score an open goal,they needed a deflection and a penalty to win,that at least is a positive..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by Favor99(m): 3:09am On Jun 17, 2018
MiamiePizza:
The super Eagles played good football today to my liking. I never expected them to play like that. The way you guy here on nairaland where talking bout them like Croatia 5 Nigeria nil but all your predictions didn't come even though Nigeria lost.
I still believe we can make it past the group stage, with the quality of players we have and our play, I see us passing the group stage. We lost but sure it's not over, we still got 2games. I still rep #NaijaAllTheWay
I like the positivity. This is how our people should be talking. With optimism. I understand people’s frustration. I completely understand it, but we have to do away with the pessimism and negativity, all that negativity leads to more negativity.
Stay positive
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by Favor99(m): 3:11am On Jun 17, 2018
NoDulling4here:

China is over 1 billion in population. Are they in the world cup? undecided

Give them a break. Some of us expected it to be worse than this. If they work on their weaknesses, the next match will at least be entertaining. grin
Yes! Your right. That’s the right perspective. Too many people here are negative. But I do understand why they are negative. It’s due to the situation of the country so I understand. For things to begin to get better, we need to be more positive. Be careful with words and what you say people

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by Favor99(m): 3:14am On Jun 17, 2018
tete7000:
The comments here says it all about Nigeria. A country full of overly pessimistic people who still want something good to happen to them.
Exactly! This needs to change
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by Nobody: 3:42am On Jun 17, 2018
Topccy007:
Naija is hopeless in virtually every aspect.

Everything is political and Sentimental.

Does it mean this is the best 11 a Country of about 200 million can produce?

Shame on our Minister for Sports

Shame on NFF

Shame on Super Chickens.

Football...... Zero

Economy......Zero

Leadership...Zero

Basic Amenities.... Zero

Infrastructure...... Zero

Nepotism..... A1

Corruption.... A1

This Country can't just give one a reason to smile sef.

Shame on you!

What have you contributed to the advancement of the country?

Talk is cheap. Keep demonizing your country.
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by Nobody: 4:02am On Jun 17, 2018
tete7000:

I am not ashamed of myself as a Nigerian. Tell me why should I when I didn't chose where I will be born. I am not a frustrated person like you because I know that even in seemingly hopeless situation, I will always come on top. I report to my duty post every morning, full of positive energy, ready to do all within my little capability to improve the lots of those around. I am not a whinning pessimist like you and I can't be. People like you can complain from now till thy kingdom come, you generate negative energy, collectively run down the commonwealth but always turn around to blame your leaders. But do you really think a house full of a people like you deserve better leaders? Listen to yourself and tell me how your rants are different from recent Buhari's utterances. My advice to you is that you learn to stay positive, it does you a lot of good when you are caught in situations beyond your control. For now, you can't do Jack about your status as a Nigerian, embrace it and learn to be happy with it. For your information, I don't see a way out for you anytime soon. Even if you end up breaking Nigeria, who told you your situation will improve with your negative and frustrated attitude to life? Think my dear, there is more to life than citizenship of country one belongs to.

Brother, I respect you and completely align with your position. I realized that this platform is literally a playground of millennials who still enjoy freebies, pocket money and meals from their parents hence the feather-brained comments.

Some of them passed through the supposedly ivy-league private universities with first class in pharmacy, engineering etc yet they don't possess the knowhow to produce common paracetamol but are quick in bashing their fatherland.

Granted that the situation in Nigeria is grim and the leadership has successively failed, however, it is not a hopeless case. These young ones are harbingers of hate, unpatriotic tendencies and toxic vibes.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by okomile(f): 5:54am On Jun 17, 2018
Sunnybabe:
lol...... u gat no chill at all

Nah grin
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by no1madman(m): 6:01am On Jun 17, 2018
So fuckin sad [img][/img]

Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by Jackbell17: 6:40am On Jun 17, 2018
How does a defender generate wing to fly as high and lock up the neck of an opponent and escape penalty? Lazy youth footballers. Buhari was right then.
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by divinelove(m): 6:50am On Jun 17, 2018
vingeophysicist:
hmm, Nigerians are stupid to believe that our players could match that of the Croatians. A team where we have the likes of Modric, Perisic, Rakitic, Mandzukic, is good enough to beat Argentina, how much more Nigeria.

did u watch d match between Argentina n Iceland

names don't play football

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by Topccy007: 7:04am On Jun 17, 2018
Zionista:

Shame on you!

What have you contributed to the advancement of the country?

Talk is cheap. Keep demonizing your country.

Who is this useless pig? Is the Country not demonized already?

Keep deceiving yourself and keep hoping on a hopeless Country
You're there forming patriot your good for nothing leaders are not forming.

A Country of about 4million in population just disgraced your so called Country and you are still carrying them on your bald head..... Shame on you!!!
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by Nobody: 7:54am On Jun 17, 2018
Topccy007:

Who is this useless pig? Is the Country not demonized already?

Keep deceiving yourself and keep hoping on a hopeless Country
You're there forming patriot your good for nothing leaders are not forming.

A Country of about 4million in population just disgraced your so called Country and you are still carrying them on your bald head..... Shame on you!!!

The good for nothing leaders are elected by pitiable and bellyaching low lives like you. Very soon,we'll read on this platform how you have done the needful at the Lagos Lagoon. That's where bitter , frustrated crackheads like you take a dive. Clown!!
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by jagorinho: 10:00am On Jun 17, 2018
donbenie:
Really?.. this was the worst World Cup match Nigeria has ever played according to you?
There are at least 4 World Cup matches WORST than this that Nigeria have played..1. Nig vs Denmark 1998 .2. Nig vs Arg 2002.3.Nig vs Argentina 2010.4. Nig vs Paraguay 1998
We may have lost but your blanket condemnation of the team is far from being realistic and uncalled for.,if we win our next game you will be the first to start singing a new tune..
Croatia upon all your hype couldn't score an open goal,they needed a deflection and a penalty to win,that at least is a positive..
The guy is right, this is the worst world cup match i have ever seen Nigeria play irrespective of the outcome, when u cant hold ball for 30 seconds you know you have a problem, i am not angry about the result but the game play was even worse than saudi, if croatia did not use a goal keeper yesterday it will have little or no effect on the final outcome, it was that bad!!! anybody supporting that show of shame yesterday is validating mediocrity.
Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by purplekayc(m): 10:06am On Jun 17, 2018
naijaguy123456:
First goal own goal, second a penalty, that sum up the state of zoos football, I'll be surprised if they manage to score a single goal. Iceland is 300,000 same size of a local government in Nigeria, Croatia is 4 million, same size as Osun state. This country is doomed since the time of lord lugard, big for nothing but only gold medal in corruption.

grin grin angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Makes Its Worst World Cup Outing Against Croatia. by purplekayc(m): 10:07am On Jun 17, 2018
Its better they just exit at the group stage
What do u think will happen if they reach round of 16 and meet a better team?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Resumes Training With Lille, His New Club / Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Goalscorer Ever? / Asisat Oshoala Wins Treble With Barcelona (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.