Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) (47243 Views)

Brazil Vs Belgium: World Cup (1 - 2) On 6th July 2018 / England Vs Nigeria Friendly - 2 - 1 (Full-Time) / Cameroon Vs Nigeria: 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier 1 - 1 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by lalasticlala(m): 12:22am On Jun 17, 2018
The five-time winners are unbeaten in opening matches at the world finals since Italy 1934
Switzerland have happy memories of their group opener at South Africa 2010

The Rostov Arena will provide a spectacular setting for the second match in Group E at the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™, which pits tournament favourites Brazil against Switzerland, who are the only side in history to have beaten eventual World Cup champions in their opening match.

Sunday’s game marks the return of the Brazilians to the World Cup stage following their traumatic campaign on home soil in 2014. It took them fully two years to recover from the experience, with the arrival of the wily Tite in the dugout in the middle of 2016 restoring a sense of calm to the team. In revitalising the side and finding the right blend, he ensured they were the first South American side to reach Russia 2018. Such was the scale of his overhaul of the squad that the five-time world champions have only six players with World Cup experience in their ranks, as was the case four years ago.

Facing them will be a durable Swiss side that has lost just once since early 2016 and only exited UEFA EURO 2016 on penalties. Though they had to go through the play-offs to qualify, Switzerland put together an excellent campaign in the European preliminaries and know what it takes to impress against a big-name team in an opening match, having beaten eventual champions Spain in their first outing at South Africa 2010.

Did you know?
Brazil have won 16 of their 20 opening matches at the World Cup. The only two they have lost came at the first two world finals, back in the days when they played in white. The Brazilians went down 2-1 to Yugoslavia at Uruguay 1930 and 3-1 to Spain at Italy 1934.

Possible line-ups
Brazil: Alisson; Danilo, Thiago Silva, Miranda, Marcelo; Casemiro, Paulinho, Philippe Coutinho; Willian, Gabriel Jesus, Neymar.

Switzerland: Sommer; Lichtsteiner, Schaer, Akanji, Rodriguez; Behrami, Xhaka; Shaqiri, Dzemaili, Zuber; Seferovic.

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/jun-16-preview-bra-v-sui-2957663

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by pyyxxaro: 12:23am On Jun 17, 2018
Lalasticlala go sleep

Abi you be winch , night never reach for were u de embarassed
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by rexericx(m): 12:43am On Jun 17, 2018
Ok
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by mictima(m): 12:47am On Jun 17, 2018
Brazil presently resting for a bloody outing...
Brazil all the way!

6 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 17, 2018
Ok
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 10:11am On Jun 17, 2018
the world cup is for Brazil

6 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by dontbothermuch: 10:12am On Jun 17, 2018
smiley

Now you go see match wey people wey leave fashion for training go play

8 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by HouseOfWine: 10:12am On Jun 17, 2018
Brazil 3 - 1 Suisse

4 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nistfrank(m): 10:12am On Jun 17, 2018
walk over

2 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by XingXhang(m): 10:12am On Jun 17, 2018
Since Nigeria lost, nobody wants to open a thread anymore. It's now the job of our supermod lipsrsealed grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 10:15am On Jun 17, 2018
This is it!

The match alot of us have been waiting for

A team that don't need no PIG prediction to win

A team with a BENCH

A team with Neymar, Marcelo, Coutinho...

The first to qualify for the World Cup

The first to send in their Squad list

The 2018 World Cup contenders(With Portugal)

TeamBrazilAndPortugal kiss

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Akinz0126(m): 10:15am On Jun 17, 2018
XingXhang:

Since Nigeria lost, nobody wants to open a thread anymore. It's now the job of our supermod lipsrsealed grin cheesy

grin

That match was a big slap on the face of Giant of africa and am pretty sure Ghana'll be making mockery of those dullards representing 9ja.A country of 180million couldn't assembly 23 talented,cordinated and experience chaps we are really f*cked.

As for mikel have been saying it and'll continue to HE doesn't deserve that No10 jersey;that No is too much for him to carry Okocha said same thing thou.

Finally still waiting for 9ja football analyst to analyze and pin point what went wrong yesterday.

And for those spewing trash about iwobi,Croatia know very well who he's and they nailed him down alas no other talents in the team to distract the opposition.

in conclusion our 2 and 3 aren't good enough modern ball is gone beyond jast staying back without providing assistance upfront.

Etebo still remain one of the best CM we have so so much like and respect him.

6 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 17, 2018
Brazil will win this game by escape

I see Switzerland scoring a goal
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Khutie: 10:16am On Jun 17, 2018
•••I don't understand myself a times, always supporting the underdogs in this kinda situation.
Switzerland to be the first team to win Brazil in their opening match since 1934.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by phranq30(m): 10:16am On Jun 17, 2018
Am I high or did I just see Akanji in the Swiss national team line up?
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 17, 2018
XingXhang:

I don't see Nigeria qualifying for the next round anymore. Buh some Gullible Nigerians will say there is still hope.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 17, 2018
Brazil means deadly...... That team is Complete

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nickijoy(f): 10:20am On Jun 17, 2018
Brazil go trash Switzerland ..
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by oooduancalmdown: 10:22am On Jun 17, 2018
phranq30:
Am I high or did I just see Akanji in the Swiss national team line up?
Yes. His name is Obafemi Akanji. His father is Nigerian( Yoruba), while mother is European. He is biracial
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Rasbel(m): 10:22am On Jun 17, 2018
Neymar, Captain Marcelo and my role model in football Casemiro
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Epiphanus20(m): 10:24am On Jun 17, 2018
I use 1500 play that game X & un2. That game na sure draw, two sun no fit shine the same time. Brazil go just relax allow Germany shine. The same reason Spain relaxed and allowed Uruguay and Argentina slept and allowed Croatia crush us. The correct score na 1:1. I pity Iceland when we jam them next week, their name na sorry.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by oshe11: 10:28am On Jun 17, 2018
Final might be Brazil Vs Germany

Though I want Argentina to WIN

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by RexTramadol1: 10:30am On Jun 17, 2018
Brasil n Spain.....

My favs
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by doctokwus: 10:41am On Jun 17, 2018
One of the teams one is looking up to watch as usual.
This world cup is a three way personal battle between Ororo,Ronaldo;merciless Messi;and NEYmaRR.
The third person is on show today and despite my not liking how he likes personalizing everything around himself,I know Neymar would put up a show worthy of the hype around him,Brazil and the greatest single sports competition in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by mknigeriagreat: 10:43am On Jun 17, 2018
Three countries I came to support in this world cup competition.

1. Brazil : for individual skills like Neymar and Marcelo. And also for their typical Brazilian samba beautiful football.

2. Portugal : for individual skills in just only Ronaldo.

3. Spain: my support for them came out of the beautiful tiki taka style of keeping possession and numerous passes until one Costa beast pumps in the goal.

I'm just here to watch good football not getting my emotions tormented and brutalized by one naija team in the name of being a Nigerian. So far so good, I'm fine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by phranq30(m): 10:50am On Jun 17, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

Yes. His name is Obafemi Akanji. His father is Nigerian( Yoruba), while mother is European. He is biracial
Oh! okay. I just Googled his name. Thanks.
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by kokakola: 10:50am On Jun 17, 2018
PSG vs Swansea
PSG go beat Swansea hands down and ass down

Neymar dribbling skills can make you break bottles in a Beer Parlour... and pay Igbese!

3 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by eluquenson(m): 10:51am On Jun 17, 2018
Lets see how Neymar will perform
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 10:51am On Jun 17, 2018
My favorite team for the world cup...

Brazil for the win.

3 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by adexeli(m): 10:52am On Jun 17, 2018
This should be an easy win for Brazil... But then this is the world cup, anything goes
Re: Brazil Vs Switzerland: World Cup - 1 - 1 (Full Time) by 3kay945(m): 10:55am On Jun 17, 2018
I respect that Marcelo guy. The dude knows best how to share ball.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Poses With Barrack Obama In Adorable Photo / Kelechi Iheanacho Arrives Imo, Hosted At The State Government House. Photos / Jude Ighalo Takes His Mother On A Yacht Cruise While Vacationing With Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.