Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup (9205 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Encounter?

Ghana: 68% (11 votes)
Australia: 31% (5 votes)
Draw: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Australia: Women's World Cup (0 - 2) On 13th June 2015 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by RuuDie(m): 6:19pm On Jun 19, 2010
Ghana are clearly not good enough if they could not defeat a 10-man socceroo - in 2 games, they haven't scored a goal in open play. this is becoming a nightmarish WC for Mama Africa!
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by bxcode(m): 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2010
Mudley313:

i hope you two sluts (travelista and lizzybabe1) are going to be sticking to the romance section the rest of the world cup cos we need some sanity here not two b.itches trying to take their menstrual period on everyone here

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by Roliks09: 6:28pm On Jun 19, 2010
The anonymity on NL is really making people go gaga. We have lost respect for one another. Its unfortunate that humans reduce themselves to a level better imagined than experienced. Its one of the shortfalls of this global world. There's a face behind each screen, lets try to respect that. Its even more belittling when ladies engage in such talks. Lets be polite. And like someone said,may be a beef section should be opened for those who perpetually want to trade insult. We all claim to be educated, let it show. Meanwhile, Ghana didnt play as expected. They were just lucky.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by bxcode(m): 6:30pm On Jun 19, 2010
Roliks09:

The anonymity on NL is really making people go gaga. We have lost respect for one another. Its unfortunate that humans reduce themselves to a level better imagined than experienced. Its one of the shortfalls of this global world. There's a face behind each screen, lets try to respect that. Its even more belittling when ladies engage in such talks. Lets be polite. And like someone said,may be a beef section should be opened for those who perpetually want to trade insult. We all claim to be educated, let it show. Meanwhile, Ghana didnt play as expected. They were just lucky.
Abeg tell them.
Make una cease fire grin
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by CarlosVent(m): 6:43pm On Jun 19, 2010
thanks ghana ur really making africa proud.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by samdigo(m): 6:47pm On Jun 19, 2010
the population Lagos state is equivalent to the population of Ghana, we should be highly ashamed of ourselves, Ghana is moving forward, what are we doing, something is wrong somewhere when we have 150 million people, and we produce players like yakubu, keita, and when we cannot find a decent midfielder, what a shame
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 6:48pm On Jun 19, 2010
sage:

buzugee is a very insecure guy who is race obsessed. You cannot reason with him because he is paranoid and stuck on race.

He wallows in self-pity all over the place. Every single game thread he is on turns into a self-pity thread. (Go and check all the other threads, its the same thing)

You are wasting your time trying to reason with the guy.

He needs psychiatrist help but I dont think that would even help him.

Make im beg God to help am sha, though am not sure anybody can help him at this point

People get hacked to death every year in Nigeria by their fellow Nigerians just because of being a different ethnicity and somebody is on here acting a victim of phantom issues all the time angry

(Im no even gonna waste time responding to his attacks because he is gonna come wih the usual banter "uncle this/that, kisser this that yada yada yada, bla bla bla)

cheesy grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i like the part that i highlighted to red grin
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 19, 2010
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by jmoore(m): 6:55pm On Jun 19, 2010
football has nothing to with development, how many developed economy has won the world cup? USA have not won the world cup, China did not qualify
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 6:58pm On Jun 19, 2010
dayokanu:

What does self esteem have to do with lowering the quality of the competition?

The Worst result at a world cup was Yugoslavia 9 Zaire 0

In France 98 for example of 5 African reps, Morroco lost 3-0, Cameroun lost 3-0, South Africa lost 3-0 Nigeria lost 4-1 and the last rep Tunisia lost all their games.

I am sure you would be one of the supporters of quota system in Nigerian politics since every part of the country needs to be represented fairly and not based on quality.

Would you prefer a player from every state in Nigeria to constitute our National team so that the team looks Nigerian instead of having more players from the South South (Assuming the South-South is better at football than other parts)
dayo you are comparing apples to oranges. off course i will support the quota system in which country gets to showcase their skills in the WORLD CUP because that exactly is what it is, THE WORLD CUP but i will not support the quota system on who gets to represent their country. in choosing soccer players you want the most skilled. does not matter if they are all hausa or all yoruba or all ibo, so long as they are the best in the country. you see these are 2 different scenarios.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 7:02pm On Jun 19, 2010
Mudley313:

i bet this your first experience watching a world cup. let me school you (unlike you ignorantly attempted to woefully school someone earlier)

the world cup is football's biggest arena. every country is involved globally (from the qualifier stage) and the best 32 nations are expected at the main event, its why the quota system is based on prior performance/strenght of each continent, not amount of countries, if not africa and asia would have the most represented and south america with only 9 countries one of the least.

the first world cup (1930) was based on invitation cos as at that time not all countries could afford to fly a team to uruguay; egypt were able to make it then. africa (who were a bunch of colonies back then) started out playing with europe for qualification becos they were not near the level of having even a sole representative back then--has nothing to do with racism

in 1970, morroco played well and were able to draw a game, and fifa then offered one spot for africa which zaire did not justify by making a fool of themselves in germany 74. 4 yrs later in argentina, tunisia won africa's first world cup game by defeating mexico 3-1 n the african spot was increased to 2 the next wc in spain where rabher madjer and lahkder belloumi's algeria defeated the eventually runners up germany 2-1 but was eliminated after germany n austria colluded to draw their last game. cameroun too didn't make it to the next round but impressively didn't loss a game n came out wit a draw against eventual winners italy, 3rd placed poland n peru. after dat fifa started considering adding more spots for africa

africa, through morrocco, made it to the 2nd round for the first time in 86 defeating portugal 3-1 on their way n in 1990 africa, through roger milla's cameroun made the quarter finals for the first time thus fifa then increased africas slot to 3 in 94. with nigeria's impressive display and the increase of participating teams to 32 fifa then increased it to 5 spots in 2002.

now dat i've provided u a mini history lesson, hope u keep quiet when next football heads are talking
absolute hogwash. your drivel is akin to a turd in the toilet. you my friend need your head examined if you believe all that crap you put up there . you my friend need to see a shrink faster than a fat kid can get to a candy  sad
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by nigboy(m): 7:48pm On Jun 19, 2010
Ghana will surely salvage the image of Africa in this world cup

I am very very very disappointed with the performance of Nigeria
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by tomiko1: 8:42pm On Jun 19, 2010
a draw is not too good. but it's ok i guess.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by truly: 9:14pm On Jun 19, 2010
Roliks09:

This is a position that I FULLY support
No more civility anywhere even in the religion section
I have said it that with the temperament on display here
some people would do worse than Sani Kaita
We can always get our points across without rancour
It is virtually impossible for you to get somebody you have caused a fool to agree with you
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by deor03(m): 9:19pm On Jun 19, 2010
Ghana might just be out of the World Cup ON PAPER
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by Mudley313: 9:27pm On Jun 19, 2010
buzugee:

absolute hogwash. your drivel is akin to a turd in the toilet. you my friend need your head examined if you believe all that crap you put up there . you my friend need to see a shrink faster than a fat kid can get to a candy sad

you most definitely are mentally unstable. you need to see a psychiatrist fast before it is too late
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by buzugee(m): 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2010
Mudley313:

you most definitely are mentally unstable. you need to see a psychiatrist fast before it is too late
grin
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by naso2(m): 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2010
I can bet that this is not a good result for Ghana. A win against  australia is definitely an easier task than a draw against the german machines. I am just afraid for all the african teams.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by marutimon: 10:02pm On Jun 19, 2010
Ghana are clearly not good enough if they could not defeat a 10-man socceroo - in 2 games, they haven't scored a goal in open play.

Had Kewell not handballed IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GOAL FROM OPEN PLAY!
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by CarlosVent(m): 11:42pm On Jun 19, 2010
WHAT EVER WAY GHANA PLAYS DEY R GETING D RESULTS.

DIS WAS WHAT DEY DID @ D NATIONS CUP BT NO 1 NEW DEY WIL REACH D FINAL UNTIL DEY DID.

DNT WORY GHANA WIL SURPRISE EVERY 1 HERE AND I ALSO PRAY DAT NIGERIA WILL AS WELL
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by afiamanu(f): 12:42am On Jun 20, 2010
na_so:

I can bet that this is not a good result for Ghana. A win against australia is definitely an easier task than a draw against the german machines. I am just afraid for all the african teams.

Now that I take a step back and re-assess the Group D, I feel that the tie was a good option. Ghana needs to either tie or beat Germany, or needs Austrailia to tie or beat Serbia and since Austrailia now has a fighting chance to make it to the next round I think that they may be able to even tie serbia. In either case Ghana will advance to the next round. Worst case scenario Ghana and Austrailia both lose miserably- although probable lol- I think we still have a good chance!
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by naso2(m): 12:55am On Jun 20, 2010
afiamanu:

Now that I take a step back and re-assess the Group D, I feel that the tie was a good option. Ghana needs to either tie or beat Germany, or needs Austrailia to tie or beat Serbia and since Austrailia now has a fighting chance to make it to the next round I think that they may be able to even tie serbia. In either case Ghana will advance to the next round. Worst case scenario Ghana and Austrailia both lose miserably- although probable lol- I think we still have a good chance!

If Austrailia ties with serbia, then Ghana must not lose by more than one goal to Germany. If Ghana picks a draw then they are in, no matter what happens in the serbia match. But I am afraid the germans will be too strong for the Ghanians.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by asunaobi(m): 1:12am On Jun 20, 2010
samdigo:

the population Lagos state is equivalent to the population of Ghana, we should be highly ashamed of ourselves, Ghana is moving forward, what are we doing, something is wrong somewhere when we have 150 million people, and we produce players like yakubu, keita, and when we cannot find a decent midfielder, what a shame

Tell them please if at all they can reason. It is almost becoming impossible to tell the difference between educated, non - educated and mentality sick people in Nigeria, they all think and reason the same.

I still cant figure out why Nigeria as a country have chosen to be decaying and smiling at the same time. These days no single good news comes out of that country. All we read about is religious riot, kidnapping, super eagles beaten by papua new Guinea or ethiopia. Ministers or governors stealing millions and escaping to Dubai or London.

I feel really hurt when I read about some Nigerians saying that all is still ok with that country. They piss off!
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by naso2(m): 1:29am On Jun 20, 2010
asunaobi:

Tell them please if at all they can reason. It is almost becoming impossible to tell the difference between educated, non - educated and mentality sick people in Nigeria, they all think and reason the same.

I still cant figure out why Nigeria as a country have chosen to be decaying and smiling at the same time. These days no single good news comes out of[b] that country[/b]. All we read about is religious riot, kidnapping, super eagles beaten by papua new Guinea or ethiopia. Ministers or governors stealing millions and escaping to Dubai or London.

I feel really hurt when I read about some Nigerians saying that all is still ok with that country. They piss off!

Y the distance? arent you a nigerian? what with the "that country" that we have all over your post. If you are one of us who feel pained by the state of things but still believe that redemption is possible, then change "that country" to "our country" in your post first.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by marutimon: 2:07am On Jun 20, 2010
If Ghana come in second they will probably avoid playing any big team until the semifinal:

Group C winner is probably USA or England. England have been subpar and USA are beatable.
Than in the quarters they would avoid Argentina and play: Uruguay, Mexico, Nigeria, South Korea or Greece.

All are within Ghana's reach! After that it gets tough with probable opponents: Brasil, Holland or Italy.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by Rastamann: 4:19am On Jun 20, 2010

The solution is to get the right people to run footbal in Nigeria. Put the right peg in the right hole.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by Ranoscky(m): 7:18am On Jun 20, 2010
Ghana sef don dey get k-leg oo, dem no fit use advantage of 1man down take get the maiximum point dey need.

well, dem still get hope sha, atleast 4points na sometin, but it's so bad that they'v not scored a goal on open play.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by PROJECT: 10:21am On Jun 20, 2010
waladis,u have shown u are just dumb,what has the ghanaian match got to do with nigerians,if u dont have sense dont come and exhibit ur senselessness over here.
and the rest of u who think if things dont go down well when we have games like this the ef must be racist and e gives ghana a penalty the he ceases to be a racist it shows u are all little minds and thats why africa will always have problem ,why dont we have african refrees also representing africa here,may be the malian ref who disallowed americans last goal is a racist too.u all have to think before u type and not vice versa
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by Ranoscky(m): 10:56am On Jun 20, 2010
Dat ref is a bas.tard 4 denyin U.S.A's 3rd goal and he'll face fifa's punishment. he's been suspended at d moment.
Re: Ghana Vs Australia: June 19, 2010 @ World Cup by member479760: 8:17pm On Jun 21, 2010
I hope Ghana go fit score gaol freely and not P goal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Uk Football Pools Red Coupon Week 35 Xx16xx / Oduduru Wins Silver At World Youth Champs! 200m / Which Of These Footballers Is The Ugliest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.