Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,376 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

Check Out The Reason Why Nigeria Lost To Croatia - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Check Out The Reason Why Nigeria Lost To Croatia (337 Views)

Victor Moses Reacts To Super Eagles 2-0 Loss To Croatia / Mikel Obi Reacts To Nigeria 2 - 0 Loss To Croatia / Jim Beglin Reacts To Nigerian Loss To Croatia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Check Out The Reason Why Nigeria Lost To Croatia by iwithnessnews: 9:37am On Jun 17, 2018
Gernot Rohr-Why we lost to Croatia
Nigerian’s Head Coach, Gernot Rohr, said the team’s 0-2 loss to Croatia in their opening match of Russia 2018 was due to what he termed “many mistakes’’.
Rohr, at the post-match conference of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Group D fixture, said he and his players were aware they made some important mistakes during the match.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that in the match played in Kaliningrad, the Eagles lost through an 32nd minutes own goal by Oghenekaro Etebo and a Luka Modric penalty kick on the 71 minutes of play.
“We know we made some mistakes, too many important mistakes, and it is clear that we need to get better in order to move on,’’ the coach said.
He added “Our organisation was good, that is clear just as the tactics were not wrong, but we need to be more professional in the way we take the set-pieces. We need to be better before our next game,’’.
Rohr, admitted that the loss had made their task more herculean, adding that the team Captain, Mikel Obi’s performance in the game was satisfactory just as he equally praised the defenders.
“Mikel has since I took over always been playing the way we deployed him today, and this has yielded results for us.

http://www.iwithnessnews.com/2018/06/17/gernot-rohr-we-made-many-mistakes/

Re: Check Out The Reason Why Nigeria Lost To Croatia by jwals: 9:43am On Jun 17, 2018
Bleep mistakes!!!
Re: Check Out The Reason Why Nigeria Lost To Croatia by NeeKlaus: 9:45am On Jun 17, 2018
This guy is mad. I hate mediocres honestly. If you like, don't learn from your mistakes of yesterday and come up with better tactics and bench Mikel. The Iceland that I watched yesterday will brutalize Nigeria.
Re: Check Out The Reason Why Nigeria Lost To Croatia by Khodorkovsky(m): 9:57am On Jun 17, 2018
I pity Nigeria next opponent , Iceland must pay for this.
Re: Check Out The Reason Why Nigeria Lost To Croatia by hector1046(m): 9:58am On Jun 17, 2018
What do u mean mistakes? These guys are below per in every matches they've been involved, for a very long time now I have known super eagles will come home empty handed. The funniest part is that we all know the result is inevitable but we choose to believe in the impossible well we are best dressed team in the world cup
Re: Check Out The Reason Why Nigeria Lost To Croatia by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 17, 2018
Portugal drew their opening Euro 2016 match vs Iceland 1 : 1 and eventually they went ahead to win the cup...

Now Argentina have followed suit..

Don't write Lionel Messi and Argentina off they played well.. Iceland came with a game plan that worked perfectly.

As for super he goats or Jersey united I doubt they will score one goal.

1 Like

Re: Check Out The Reason Why Nigeria Lost To Croatia by Nobody: 10:13am On Jun 17, 2018
Portugal drew their opening Euro 2016 match vs Iceland 1 : 1 and eventually they went ahead to win the cup...

Now Argentina have followed suit..

Don't write Lionel Messi Argentina off they played well.. Iceland came with a game plan that worked perfectly.

As for super he goats or Jersey united I doubt they will score one goal.

(1) (Reply)

'why Super Eagles Lost To Croatia' - Nigerian Coach, Gernot Rohr Reveals / Egypt Why??? / Anthony Joshua Gets 24-hour Ultimatum To Fight Or Risk Losing Title

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.