Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Shocking Revelation About The Pig's Prediction Of Nigeria's Match With Argentina - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Shocking Revelation About The Pig's Prediction Of Nigeria's Match With Argentina (892 Views)

Meet Marcus, The Pig That Predicted Nigeria Will Get To The Semi-Final / How The Pig That Predicted Semi-final For Nigeria Reacted After The Match / Nigeria Placed In Group D with Argentina (world Cup 2018) - How Far Can We Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Revelation About The Pig's Prediction Of Nigeria's Match With Argentina by iynoble(m): 8:06am On Jun 18, 2018
Excerpt from Ayokunle Awosoga:

Piggy jokes apart! I feel it’s time for us as a Nation to stop laughing at our mediocrity. We need events that will occur in this Nation that will prompt the celebration of our professionalism.

The result of this World Cup will be consequential to a very poor Nigerian System - A system that wouldn’t identify not to talk of developing young brilliant talents. Even most High schools in the country lack the basic sporting amenities that are needed.

I remember asking myself of the possibility of ever playing at the NBA Games if this young lad called “Victor Ladipo” was raised in Nigeria. Asides this young lad, there are also many other discovered young talented Nigerians in Diaspora. The entirety of the discovery is attributed to an effective national system they find themselves in.

As we sang our national anthem in front of the whole world, I pondered on the discussion I had with 4 young teenagers about that part of the song that says “The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain”. I asked them to mention at least 5 past heroes they can ever think of and they were dumb for some seconds. I then asked them to mention just two and still got no response. At last I said one, and someone managed to mumble the name MKO Abiola.

-If possible, I challenge you also to mention the past heroes you know of.

I’ve gotten tired of comments like “God will help us” or “God will deliver us” after pondering on situations affecting this country with fellow Nigerians. With utmost sincerity, it is time to HELP OURSELVES. Faith without work is dead!

Even God said:

“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land”.

A simple mathematical analysis of the verse above using the AND logical operation means that for “Healing of land” to be possible(TRUE), the combination of “Humility AND Prayer AND Turning away from wicked ways” must occur. “Turning from wicked ways” simply indicates Elements of Work.

Therefore, there is a place for Grace, and there is a place for Professionalism. “There is a clear difference between God prosper the works of my hands, and God please do my work for me”.

Enough of said prayers in religious places, we’ve done so much of that. It’s time to work and this work involves every one of us.

Elections are just by the corner, please get your PVC and tell everyone around you to do the same. Please, I take God Beg you, ensure you make an informed decision when you cast your vote. Remember that the goal is to have the set of people with the right values in governance. Making an informed decision just involves each and every one of us to do our adequate research on each candidate and the party. Is that too much to do?

P.S: How can we push for a Presidential National Debate in Nigeria?

P.S.S: We still need to get our hands on the black apple-eating pig.

#TowardsANewNigeria

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation About The Pig's Prediction Of Nigeria's Match With Argentina by Greyworld: 8:16am On Jun 18, 2018
Op pls create a nexus between your post and the title if you dont mind.

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Revelation About The Pig's Prediction Of Nigeria's Match With Argentina by addictedwriter(m): 8:41am On Jun 18, 2018
Exactly my thoughts. We have been so wired to pray about everything in this nation. pray to eat,drink,sleep, talk or even work sef. God has given man everything he needs to succeed, a balance of God/prayer and hardwork/commitment will take you to the top. Some will even say seven days without prayer makes one weak forgetting that a day without reasonable thinking or income will draw you more closer to poverty!

1 Like

Re: Shocking Revelation About The Pig's Prediction Of Nigeria's Match With Argentina by dazzlingd(m): 9:32am On Jun 18, 2018
Greyworld:
Op pls create a nexus between your post and the title if you dont mind.

The title has no relation with the post

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Argentina Axe Man City Striker Aguero After Failed Coach Coup / PHOTO: See This Igbo Man Supporting Brazil / 99% 2 To 10 Odds Posted Daily (get In)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.