Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,223 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup (90787 Views)

Gabriel Jesus Slow Penalty Miss: Fans React (Photos) / Man City Hands Gabriel Jesus Jersey Number 9 / Neymar, Gabriel Jesus, Ederson Play Table Football In Brazil Locker Room(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by manci(m): 5:13pm On Jun 18, 2018
Samsimple:
U Lucky dem born in for brazil.. If na Nigeria dem born u, you would have been a professional painter by now.. grin grin
true talk this kind miracle success no go gree hapon for naija ,na9ja is cursed or na we cursed ?
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by stevenakp(m): 5:24pm On Jun 18, 2018
MrBrownJay1:

pls do educate yourself on your holy book , as it certainly sees nothing wrong with slavery...and thats why it has been used for generation over generation to enslave people.

but then again, i doubt the following verses look down on slavery, do they?...
- Colossians 4:1
- 1 Timothy 6:1-2
- Ephesians 6:5-8

This is not a religious thread else I would've showed how Ignorant and blind you are.

Just a note: The slavery the Isrealites experienced in Egypt was different from the slavery (as interpreted) God commanded them about. The Bible was not written in English so most words were intepreted just to fit an English word.

The Bible never used the word employee but some words that were intepreted slavery were the employer/employee scenario we have today.

For Colossians 4:1 Paul wasn't referring to masters of slaves who were believers but he was making an appeal to masters of slaves for the benefit of believers who were slaves under their Roman slave masters.

You see how blind and Ignorant you are.
The Bible will become what you want it to be. but if you need understanding it will open up to you.

It is the greatest book ever written, people will only try to refute something that is authentic.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Beorn: 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2018
Samsimple:
U Lucky dem born in for brazil.. If na Nigeria dem born u, you would have been a professional painter by now.. grin grin

Very true. grin grin grin
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by firebaby(f): 5:39pm On Jun 18, 2018
pizzylee:
don't despise humble beginnings.
I tell you

1 Like

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Paschy88(m): 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2018
Brazil and football.
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Youngjohnosas: 5:51pm On Jun 18, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
how many of the Palmeiras junior players are now STARTING for the Brazil national team withing the same period of time
don't mind him.he wasn't d only junior player in Brazil or palmeiras.people should learn to celebrate other people's success.
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Bimpe29: 5:59pm On Jun 18, 2018
I beseech God to make our cases the one of coming from grass to grace.
By His grace before this time next month and year, we will all be celebrated, painted, favoured, promoted, healed and excelled.

1 Like

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by TheCongo2: 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
Reference:
Unbelievable... just four years...

But the Brazilian scouting system is just first class, the way they manufacture these talents is just amazing.
Here in Nigeria, with over 150 million people they cannot manage to find a half decent striker to pair a washed out Ighalo. All we do is look for is finished products of mixed perantage whose only claim to performance is the better environment theygrew up in.

Tell me in four years what will Gabriel Jesus have learnt in Brazil to make him start as top 9 for the 'Selecao'. The boy is just raw talent, period. We on the other hand want 'foreign based professionals' even if he plays in Azerbaijan and cannot control a five metre pass and when we cannot we will recycle old cargoes till tjey can barely walk.

We have serious mental problems in Nigeria.

I am Congolese. I never like people talking trash about Nigeria. However, for this posting I would say kudos to you
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by TheCongo2: 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
No one knows tomorrow. Pictures of this football star have been trending over social media platforms and the reason is very obvious. Four years ago, Manchester City striker, Gabriel Jesus was painting the streets in preparation for the Brazil 2014 World Cup.

Yesterday, Gabriel Jesus started in Brazil's first match against Switzerland at the ongoing world cup tournament. The match ended in a 1-1 draw.

The viral pictures from 2014 show a 17-year-old Gabriel Jesus, brush in hand, helping to paint the street where he lived as World Cup fever swept Brazil. Four years on, 21-year-old Jesus is no longer the painter but the painted.

It has been a meteoric rise for a player whose £27 million move to Manchester City from Palmeiras in January last year introduced an European audience to a talent on which Brazil are pinning so many hopes. He helped Manchester City demolish a series of records en route to lifting the Premier League title and now he's in Russia trying to help his country.

Now, several adjoining houses in Jardim Peri, the Sao Paulo neighbourhood where he grew up, have been painted with an image of Jesus performing his now familiar goal celebration, where he pretends to phone his mother, Dona Vera, his biggest fan and harshest critic.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/throwback-photos-of-gabriel-jesus-painting-the-streets-for-world-cup-in-brazil.html

And what is wrong with painting streets for a 17 year old? I fail to see why this is a sensation

There are plenty of American stars who were doing manual work before stepping into stardom
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by maisauki: 6:47pm On Jun 18, 2018
I pray for you reading ds post dt you'll be successful in life

BUT you have to assist my prayer by working hard

1 Like

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by SexytorresE(f): 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2018
His goal celebration isn't for his mum and critic, but for his ex girlfriend, who doesn't pick his call when he was a painter. Such is life embarassed
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by SexytorresE(f): 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2018
Metuh:

Bros grow up. You are bigger than this nonsense.
he should tell me his tribe and I will tell him their history
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2018
Daboomb:

Stop being an idiot on Social Media, you this Islamic terrorist.

You can name your child Jesus..... what you cant do it call him "Jesus Christ".

"Christ" stands for Saviour of the World.
No one else can lay claim to that name.

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 7:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
[s]
stevenakp:

if you read the Bible becuase you want to criticize it you'll definitely find reasons to, but if you read it because you want to understand it then the eyes of your understanding will be elighten.
I'm referring to the picture you posted.

and please check the meaning of the name Jesus in Spanish and Brazil then come back and continue fooling yourself.

Just incase you're a lazy youth.
if someone is named Jesus in those languages other than Hebrew it means that person was named after Jesus.

Hebrew - Saviour of the word
others - Named after Jesus

She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Yesous
[Greek; Yeshua in Hebrew], for it is he who will save
his people from their sins.

After the "Aaronic Blessing" is pronounced over the people of Israel (Numbers 6:24-26), God tells Aaron and his sons: "So they shall put [sim] my Name on the children of Israel" (v. 27). This act becomes a key identity marker in the future.

The Bible did not stop anybody from answering God's name neither did God. we reverence His Name here and we decided not to.

When we mention the name Jesus we are referring to an authority that is above the heaven and the earth, all religion, prophets, demons, creature bows at the mentioning of the name.

The only name that works wonder, the only name that comes with power.
[/s]
Keep fooling yourself

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by nigerfine: 7:12pm On Jun 18, 2018
[quote author=Samsimple post=68599455]U Lucky dem born u for brazil.. If na Nigeria dem born u, you would have been a professional painter by now.. grin grin[/quo
te]let's count this as a joke. I have met many Brazilian that couldn't make it to great club or to prof. Brazilians are paid peanut in lower league in their place. I know someone who left prof league and go back to school to be dentist, after which the money still wasn't Ok, he farms now. Destiny.
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Metuh: 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2018
SexytorresE:
he should tell me his tribe and I will tell him their history
Never mind, he is just a worthless troll.

Nice dp you got there tho tongue
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Ugosample(m): 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
StaffofOrayan:
If you had any idea on the Islamic slave trade, you would appreciate America a bit more.

http://originalpeople.org/the-arab-muslim-slave-trade-of-africans-the-untold-story/

Don't mind the guy.

Arabs committed far more sins (and are still committing) than the Caucasians have ever committed on this continent.

They raided, raped, destroyed, castrated, sold, and the list is endless.
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Ugosample(m): 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
DeRay98:
A lot can happen to or for a hard working and focused person in 4 yrs anywhere in the world, including Nigeria. There are many Nigerians who were struggling to eat 4yrs ago but are silently and honestly millionaires today.
My born of contention with some Nigerians who believe that if this had happened in Nigeria, them go say na "jazz".
4 yrs ago Iwobi, Iheanacho, Ndidi were U-17 boys in academies and FIFA U-17 world champions except Iwobi but today, they are playing in the world Cup win or lose their names are marked in history.
Forget about jazz, hard/smart work and dedication to your vision and purpose will attract the attention God to bless you labour with fruitfulness.

The jazz angle tho

A lot of youth these days believe that one cannot make it in Nigeria without scam or jazz

While we know that is not TRUE, the environment is not conducive and is choking, hence the belief

One just has to hustle hard AND smart.
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by mandate12: 7:55pm On Jun 18, 2018
Reference:

But the Brazilian scouting system is just first class, the way they manufacture these talents is just amazing.
Here in Nigeria, with over 150 million people they cannot manage to find a half decent striker to pair a washed out Ighalo. All we do is look for is finished products of mixed perantage whose only claim to performance is the better environment theygrew up in.

Tell me in four years what will Gabriel Jesus have learnt in Brazil to make him start as top 9 for the 'Selecao'. The boy is just raw talent, period. We on the other hand want 'foreign based professionals' even if he plays in Azerbaijan and cannot control a five metre pass and when we cannot we will recycle old cargoes till tjey can barely walk.

Haha.. Now that was hilarious!
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by blesoh(f): 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2018
Samsimple:
U Lucky dem born u for brazil.. If na Nigeria dem born u, you would have been a professional painter by now.. grin grin
OMG, this cracked me up cheesy cheesy
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by freevo: 8:41pm On Jun 18, 2018
There are many Jesus's, but only ONE JESUS CHRIST.
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by DaRuud(m): 8:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
ChangeIsCostant:
No one knows tomorrow. Pictures of this football star have been trending over social media platforms and the reason is very obvious. Four years ago, Manchester City striker, Gabriel Jesus was painting the streets in preparation for the Brazil 2014 World Cup.

Yesterday, Gabriel Jesus started in Brazil's first match against Switzerland at the ongoing world cup tournament. The match ended in a 1-1 draw.

The viral pictures from 2014 show a 17-year-old Gabriel Jesus, brush in hand, helping to paint the street where he lived as World Cup fever swept Brazil. Four years on, 21-year-old Jesus is no longer the painter but the painted.

It has been a meteoric rise for a player whose £27 million move to Manchester City from Palmeiras in January last year introduced an European audience to a talent on which Brazil are pinning so many hopes. He helped Manchester City demolish a series of records en route to lifting the Premier League title and now he's in Russia trying to help his country.

Now, several adjoining houses in Jardim Peri, the Sao Paulo neighbourhood where he grew up, have been painted with an image of Jesus performing his now familiar goal celebration, where he pretends to phone his mother, Dona Vera, his biggest fan and harshest critic.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/throwback-photos-of-gabriel-jesus-painting-the-streets-for-world-cup-in-brazil.html

Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Bonapart(m): 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2018
IgbosNIGHTMARE:
Good for him.

Here in Africa, you dare not name your child Jesus, my itk people will see it as blasphemy. They now know 'more and better' about the religion that was forced on them by European slavers, looters and oppressors... cry
go and hang yourself and die young make better people live their life
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by SexytorresE(f): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
Metuh:

Never mind, he is just a worthless troll.

Nice dp you got there tho tongue
kiss kiss angry Thanks
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Dedetwo(m): 10:09pm On Jun 18, 2018
It is unfortunate that most Africans of today still allow themselves to be enslaved through idiotic sentiments or inferior mentality. Africans have taken naiveté to infinite level. It sucks to be African.
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Rick9(m): 10:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
Samsimple:
U Lucky dem born u for brazil.. If na Nigeria dem born u, you would have been a professional painter by now.. grin grin
Ahahahahaahhaahahahahahahahah Guy Whyyyyyyy grin grin
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Lilmama02(f): 11:26pm On Jun 18, 2018
Chaaiii!!
U see sey u don kolo finish....... grin grin grin grin
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Pyramid1212: 12:31am On Jun 19, 2018
now u know why his name is Jesus
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by tomdon(m): 4:51am On Jun 19, 2018
Reference:

You raised many salient points which I have been talking about since nig lost the match
The
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Predicarlo: 5:14am On Jun 19, 2018
IgbosNIGHTMARE:
Good for him.

Here in Africa, you dare not name your child Jesus, my itk people will see it as blasphemy. They now know 'more and better' about the religion that was forced on them by European slavers, looters and oppressors... cry
Apparently, you have a gremlin with the Bible or with Christianity. The master or Europeans in question received Christianity the way we did. As a matter of fact, Christianity came to Africa before Europe. Do not luxuriate in your sophistry. The Europeans did not oppress because the Bible urged them to. The apostles and disciples of Jesus were also slaves to the authority. Jesus was equally a servant of God. You are a slave to the system and to your habits. Everyone is a slave to something. You, in turn, are obedient to your employer and that makes you a slave. That is what the Bible said. Christians are not urged to wrestle with their masters or the system. Correspondingly, in your traditional religion there is masters and slaves and castes. You would expect the castes to be obedient to you, wouldn't you?
Re: Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup by Metuh: 5:50am On Jun 19, 2018
SexytorresE:
kiss kiss angry Thanks
grin why are you frowning?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reactions As Mo Salah Celebrates Christmas With His Family (Photo) / Ladies, Is Tyrone Mings The Sexiest Footballer At The Euros? / PES 2019 Game Cheat Codes For Ps2, Ps3 Ps4, Including Android & PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.