Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

UK Based Nigerian Forced To Make Humiliating Apology In Thailand - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / UK Based Nigerian Forced To Make Humiliating Apology In Thailand (420 Views)

5 Dead In Wedding Massacre In Thailand As 'Drunk' Groom Shoots Wife / Nigerian Forced To Eat Cocaine / My Humiliating Ordeal As A Slave In Oman —22-year-old Nigerian Girl (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UK Based Nigerian Forced To Make Humiliating Apology In Thailand by TheShopKeeper(m): 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2018
This is the humiliating moment a British tourist is forced to make a public apology after falsely claiming his laptop was stolen in an armed robbery.

Adesanya Olamide Omolaja, 35, contacted police saying he'd been held at knifepoint by three men who demanded he hand over his backpack in Koh Samui, Thailand, on June 11.

He told officers the robbers made off on motorbikes with his Apple MacBook and wanted a police report to make a travel insurance claim.

But after investigating police found that he'd actually lost the laptop in the UK.

Officers checked CCTV from his Thai hotel and discovered that Mr Omolaja left his room without a rucksack.

The financial trader was also accompanied by a young woman - despite telling police he'd been alone taking photographs of a house when he was robbed.

Varong Thapana, Chief of Tourist Police in Koh Samui, arrested Mr Omolaja on June 14 and the holidaymaker admitted he had lost his laptop back in England.

Officers ordered him to make a grovelling apology while warning others not to make bogus travel insurance claims.

In the video, the financial trader said: 'As you have seen from the video that was what happened to me the other day.

'I guess the lesson here is that when you come over to Thailand, just be straight up with the police. Don't lie. I took bad advice and see where it landed me.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5855659/British-financial-trader-forced-make-humiliating-public-apology-lying-Thai-robbery.html
Re: UK Based Nigerian Forced To Make Humiliating Apology In Thailand by delishpot: 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2018
Making NIGERIA proud!!! like leaders like people. You can take the Nigerian out of Naija but you cant take the naija out of the Nigerian.
Re: UK Based Nigerian Forced To Make Humiliating Apology In Thailand by Mutemenot(m): 3:57pm On Jun 18, 2018
NCAN over to you. Nigerians making us proud everywhere grin

(1) (Reply)

Landlord Kills Tenant’s Son With A Pestle / CCTV Shows The Moment A Man Stole A MacBook At A Shopping Plaza In Abuja. / Imo Activist Pays Kidnappers N7m Ransom, Says ‘I Saw Death’ (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.