Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,983 members, 7,810,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread (4204 Views)

TECNO Spark 3 / Spark 3 Pro Official Discussion Thread / Infinix Note 5 Official Discussion Thread / TECNO Camon X/X Pro Official Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 1:52am On Jun 19, 2018
The Infinix Note 5 and 5 Pro will be launched on the 24th of June. As the number one fan, follower and user of the Note (Pro) series, I have been restless about the device ever since I discovered it would be launched this month.

I have gone deep to bring you these mouth watering Information that is pleasing to the heart (like I said earlier, core die hard fan grin).

Follow me on this thread as we unravel this beast from Infinix.
Cc XFrozen

-DCube

1 Share

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 1:53am On Jun 19, 2018
I'll be giving the teasers and specs so far and explaining them.

1. #AllInOne which I know talks about the X-Pen. It means it will come inside the phone like the Samsung Note series. Finally! Great job Infinix.

2. #AndroidOne which means it's coming with stock Oreo 8.1 android, clean, light and without bloatware. The most exciting news about this is that we get Android P from Google immediately it gets released. Cool right! I'm super excited. I believe by this move, Infinix wants to go into the global market (or more parts at least) and I believe the 5Pro will do just that for them. Joining the AndroidOne family again with the likes of Nokia, etc

3. 18:9 aspect ratio FHD+ infinity display as expected. I propose 6.0" for the 5 and 6.2" for the 5Pro.

4. 3 day long lasting battery. As we know the Note series are the power machines of infinix. I expect bigger this time, 4500 and 5000mah respectively.

5. New upgraded camera. F2.0 rear camera with 1.25 large pixel which I can bet will deliver exceptional photography like we have not seen before on a Note.

6. Last but not the least is Artificial Intelligence. It will be Shipping with AI that works with your photography to deliver better quality pictures and learns more about you from your mobile usage all to serve you better and qualify your mobile experience using the device, and a host of other functions I don't know about yet. This will be revolutionary in the African smartphone market, it is only seen in the flagships of western smartphone makers like Samsung, Apple, etc. A first from Infinix. Then lets not forget the now improved Google assistant for Oreo. Fingers crossed.

A teaser video was released, I had to reduce my play speed on my video player so I can see the device well, it's the Note 5. You can view it through this link:
https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2151662475078031&id=1521462628098022&__tn__=%2As%2As-R

Stay tuned
-Dcube

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 1:53am On Jun 19, 2018
The moment we've been waiting for
The following are the 100% accurate specifications of the Infinix Note 5

GENERAL:
MODEL: X604
DIMENSION :158*75*8.4mm
WEIGHT: 173g
OPERATING SYSTEM : Android One

DISPLAY:
SIZE: 6.0"
TYPE: IPS
RESOLUTION: FHD+ 1080*2160
MATERIAL: TFT

PLATFORM:
BANDWIDTH
GSM: B2/B3/B5/B8
WCDMA: B1/B8
FDD:B3/B7/B20
TDD:B38/B40
GSM:B2/B3/B5/B8
WCDMA:B1/B2/B4/B5
FDD:B2/B3/B4/B7/B28b
GSM:B2/B3/B5/B8
WCDMA:B1/B5/B8
FDD: B1/B3/B5/B8
TDD: B40/B41
NETWORK : 4G/ 3G/ 2G
GPU: ARM Mali G71 MP2 700MHz
CPU FREQUENCY: 2.0GHz
THROUGHPUT
HSPA+ 42.2/11.5 Mbps,
LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps

DATA:
GPRS
EDGE
3G
4G

CAMERA:
FRONT: 16MP
REAR: 12MP
FLASH LIGHT: YES WITH DUAL FLASH
VIEDO RECORDING: YES
VIDEO: 1080p
IMAGE SIZE
FRONT :4608*3456
REAR:4032*3024

MEMORY:
ROM: 32GB
RAM: 3GB
EXTRERNAL MEMORY: UP TO 128 GB

MULTIMEDIA:
AUDIO PLAYER: MP3 / MIDI / AMR/ WAV
RINGTONE FORMAT : MIDI/MP3
VIDEO PLAYER: 3GP/ MP4 / AVI
PICTURE FORMAT: PNG/JPEG/BMP/GIF

ENTERTAINMENT:
FM RADIO
VOICE RECORDING
E-BOOK READER
GAME

MMS

CONNECTION:
SIM CARD SLOT: DUAL NANO SIM
GPS NAVIGATION: YES
WIFI(WLAN) : IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n
BLUETOOTH
USB PORT: YES,MICRO USB 5PIN
OTG
EARPHONE : YES, 3.5 JACK
CHARGE OOTPUT: 3A
FM

SENSORS & TOOLS:
G-SENSOR
E-COMPASS
GYROSCOPE
LIGHT SENSOR
PROXIMITY SENSOR
FINGERPRINT

BATTERY:
CAPACITY: 4500mAh
TALK TIME: Talk time 2G:40 Hours 3G:36 Hours
STANDBY TIME: Standby time:2G:45 Days; 3G: 34.7 Days 4G: 26 Days

COLORS:
BLACK, BLUE AND GREY

PRICE:
N65,000

My thoughts:
This is nothing short of amazing. It makes me want to wonder what the 5Pro has in store.
I'll talk about the most interesting specs here. It is lightweight compared to its predecessor the Note 4, I wouldn't expect any less, as other phones for this year have all been lightweight and sleek to hold. It supports Glo mobile's 4G band 28 which is rare. It's strong 4500mah battery will be a delight to its users as Oreo is designed to require less power as it is well power optimized.
It comes with a 16MP selfie camera which takes almost 2K quality pictures. Selfie lovers will love this, combined with the AI photography, you shoud know what you're expecting from it. It comes with a new generation high end GPU with bifrost technology for flagships phones, therefore expect great functionalities, better images, VR and AR capabilities, etc. It has inbuilt gyroscope, so get ready fora 3D VR experience.
Other notable mentions include It having a glossy back as with the Note 4, I think they're making that a thing now. It doesn't come with the X-Pen support. The processor is yet unknown, an MTK most probably, but considering Infinix' new dabble into snapdragon processors, who knows, fingers crossed!
For those of you getting the Note 5 grin, I can promise you that you'll enjoy your device 110% wink, it will be worth every kobo spent on it.

For we the Pro users cool, follow me as we unfold more

Ps: I do hope the top and bottom bezels aren't that large, they seem larger than recent phones with the same technology. I pray it's bad photo editing.

Stay glued
-DCube

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 1:55am On Jun 19, 2018
And now for the Boss Smartphone

I currently do not have the complete specs of the 5Pro but I can assure you that these are accurate
PS: I stand corrected if it's wrong, since I want to use it personally, I can only say its what I'll wants in my favorite smartphone grin.

1. Dual rear camera setup. Proof is the teaser picture below. Notice the 'soon' and double sun! Also the Hot 6 pro got it, why not the 5 Pro cheesy. Face unlock for the selfie camera.
2. X-Pen support encased in the phone like the Samsung Notes.
3. 6.2" FHD+ infinity display screen
4. 4/6GB RAM 64GB ROM
5. USB type C with 5000mah battery
6. Stock android 8.1 with VR and AR support
7. 5000mah battery
8. Definitely a Snapdragon processor 600 series most preferably that can run high end games and softwares without lag coupled with the high end GPU.

The price will be between N80,000 to N85,000

We are so in for a treat from Infinix. Can't wait!
I believe it will come in a premium metal body design with a great pouch along with it. It will be deemed worthy to be a global entry mid-ranged flagship. I'll update this part immediately I get new information. I can't wait to get my very own Note 5 Pro.

As someone with a long history with the Note (Pro) series, I am more than delighted about this device. From the Note 2 Pro to the Note 3 Pro, I've been with infinix all the way. Even when I could afford Samsung and the others, I stayed loyal to Notes. I was all over the Note 4 Pro, I pre-ordered and was also at the Lagos launch and I'm pretty sure I'm one of the first 100 people to get a unit, I even did an unboxing video grin. PS: I forgive infinix for the delay in the phones availability after the launch, I used a feature phone for an extra month waiting for the phone of my dreams, but it was sure worth the wait. But theres also that other thing with the pouch not being available a month after the phone's nationwide availability, causing my phone to scratch a lot, well let's forget about that, it's so way 2017.
Up until I was robbed and stripped of my baby a month ago, it was a perfect device, from amazing build to strong fast charging battery to X-Pen features. I never had a problem with it. Yes! I'm back to my feature phone now cry.
I'm not saying all this just to prove who I am, but so infinix can take Note (see what I did there grin) of all their mistakes from last year and not repeat them again this year. People work hard to make their monies and I believe they shouldn't go through emotional stress and troubles to spend it. I almost bought the Camon CX (no shades intended lipsrsealed).

I'll keep you guys updated.
Expect more
-DCube

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 1:55am On Jun 19, 2018
My Overall Thoughts

I would really want to commend Infinix Mobility on the quick release of the Note 5 and 5 Pro. They're a smartphone company with the customers at heart. You guys are the best, you deserve some all the accolades. Although I'm quite scared it a little bit early and you guys will be tempted to release a new phone or series within the next 5 months of waiting to launch the Zero 6, well, we got your backs!

I notice Infinix following the same trend as with the Note 4. They drop teaser pictures and specs of the normal version online, allow people to go with that then they begin publicity and promotions with the Pro version's. Also the glossy back of the normal version. By speculation, the Pro should be available fully in the market by mid-July.

PS: I wonder why Infinix Nigeria is not all over the matter yet. Probably because of the Hot 6 Star, but that's over now they should quickly get on track. I hope this is not a scheme to make the phone be delayed a while before launching in Nigeria. We're your biggest market and you know that!

With the launch taking place in Dubai, I can for one tell you that although the 5 and 5Pro are more than worth it, they're aren't the only things that will be in the spotlight that day. I anticipate infinix launching some other accessories or gadgets along with the smartphones. I expect an Infinix VR headset that is 5Pro compatible. Also I expect the X-band 2 to be launched also. I'm not sure of any other thing, I'd rather not mention than keep our hopes high for nothing.

These devices will be amazing and worth more than the price tag, the build and stock Android One are great features to look forward to. I would advice everyone contemplating, to go for this devices immediately they are available, it will give your mobile experience so much functionality and would make you stand out amongst people around you.

I'll keep updating this thread, so make sure you follow it and check back daily. If you have any thing to add, correct or ask, please feel free.

A big shoutout to MissTechy and Henry007, we talked and watched Girl's Trip together at the Hot 5 launch. I do hope you remember me. Your passion inspire me so much.
PS: I hope you guys are ready and you've packed your bags tight for the launch at Dubai. Request; live updates please.

Cc Lalasticlala
Please help everyone see this thread on the FP, thanks

#AllInOne #AndroidOne #Note5Pro
Infinix Mobility
The future is now

-DCube

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by henry007(m): 2:07am On Jun 19, 2018
cool
Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by olaniputu: 2:25am On Jun 19, 2018
infinix are trying especially battery life and performance

i currently use infinix note 4 pro and i must confess that as a very very heavy user it can compete with high end device

yes i know that because i have used galaxy s7 edge and trust me it can measure up to the performance and especially beats galaxy s7 edge battery wise.

if you want a maximum performance on s7 edge you have to sacrifice your battery to get that
but I'm a mobile person that needs power at least constant 24hrs on battery and unfortunately my s7 edge couldn't deliver i have to sell it get note 4 pro and still have change.
trust me since then i had peace of mind both performance wise and battery life.
i know what I'm saying because I'm a geek too.

2 Likes

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by 0079jaBond(m): 3:18am On Jun 19, 2018
Following

1 Like

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by Draei: 7:53am On Jun 19, 2018
Why the hell will the back camera be 12mp? Mtcheeeeew, unserious brand.
Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by ifeanyibxt: 8:14am On Jun 19, 2018
Anyone willing to sell his/her Note 4 to upgrade to Note 5 should let us know please...
Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 8:15am On Jun 19, 2018
henry007:
cool
I see you shocked grin
Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 8:23am On Jun 19, 2018
Draei:
Why the hell will the back camera be 12mp? Mtcheeeeew, unserious brand.

The rear camera of the Samsung S9+ is 12mp and it's rated the best Android camera of 2018. It's not about the megapixels, it's its Focal point and lens that determines the picture quality. Coupled with the AI photography, you'll be really marveled.

1 Like

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 8:26am On Jun 19, 2018
WDTrends:
The Infinix Note 5 and 5 Pro will be launched on the 24th of June. As the number one fan, follower and user of the Note (Pro) series, I have been restless about the device ever since I discovered it would be launched this month.

I have gone deep to bring you these mouth watering Information that is pleasing to the heart (like I said earlier, core die hard fan grin).

Follow me on this thread as we unravel this beast from Infinix.

-DCube

PS: I made a lot of updates and changes to my posts above, if you've read it before, please do again, you'll find it more interesting
Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by Ibruks(m): 3:36pm On Jun 19, 2018
ifeanyibxt:
Anyone willing to sell his/her Note 4 to upgrade to Note 5 should let us know please...
Exactly o . For me, Note 4 pro (3gb/32GB , Pen not needed)...and Cut like 20k cheesy from the price you bought it ni o. I no wan person wey go con tell me to get hin note 4 pro for shikini money and at 70k. kiss moi budget na 55 o

1 Like

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by echepops(m): 7:13pm On Jun 19, 2018
Ibruks:

Exactly o . For me, Note 4 pro (3gb/32GB , Pen not needed)...and Cut like 20k cheesy from the price you bought it ni o. I no wan person wey go con tell me to get hin note 4 pro for shikini money and at 70k. kiss moi budget na 55 o

Will contact you later man
Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by bwehdoneit(m): 8:35pm On Jun 19, 2018
The note 5 pro is a sure deal for me.
Also, a disciple of the note series.
Definitely going to get this bad ass phone.
USB type c
5000mah battery
Snapdragon 600 series
6.2" screen With 18:9 Ratio
Damn!!!
Waiting.......................
Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by Ibruks(m): 1:14am On Jun 20, 2018
echepops:

Will contact you later man
Okay daddy shocked
Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 4:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
Today is the day!

The launch of the Note 5 and 5 Pro at the Armani Hotel Dubai

Follow the link below to stream it live

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh4SNCkaP80

I'll be uploading live pictures from the event

#InfinixMobility
#TheFutureIsNow
#AllInOne
#Note5Pro

CC lalasticlala XFrozen dragnet Skino4United honsul puskin

-DCube
Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 5:21pm On Jun 24, 2018
Interactive Question Session with the team behind the Note 5
Update to Android P confirmed!

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 5:24pm On Jun 24, 2018
Interactive Question Session with the team behind the Note 5.

Update to Android P confirmed!

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by echepops(m): 5:47pm On Jun 24, 2018
i tried to tune in, but didnt get confirmation on the Pro/Stylus version, just saw sth ike 4GBRAM/64GB ...
Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2018
echepops:
i tried to tune in, but didnt get confirmation on the Pro/Stylus version, just saw sth ike 4GBRAM/64GB ...

Same thing here to my surprise!

I'm working on getting the information on what's actually going on here.
I'll update it here once I get it.

1 Like

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 6:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
3 day battery life with ultra-dynamic X-charge to stay active all day.
#BeyondIntelligent

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 6:30pm On Jun 24, 2018
The very best of selfies anytime, anywhere with its perfect low light front camera by adjusting to light conditions and learning how you like your selfies.
#BeyondIntelligent

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 6:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
Dual 4G LTE with VoLTE for a faster, better connection. Get your money’s worth.
#BeyondIntelligent

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2018
Behold the Note 5

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by echepops(m): 9:08pm On Jun 24, 2018
noticed something through out the launch, they never mentioned 'All in one', they were all about 'Beyond intelligent' which is Note 5 (A.I)... here's what i think, Infinix is gonna follow the same way of Note 4 launch. They have launched Note 5 with two versions 3GB RAM/32GB and 4GB RAM/64GB, just like the Note 4, and will later release Note 5 Pro/Stylus which will be called 'All in one', prolly with the X-pen coming with the phone. we dey anticipate sha! Nice one Infinix, ori e owambe
Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by 0079jaBond(m): 2:27pm On Jun 25, 2018
echepops:
noticed something through out the launch, they never mentioned 'All in one', they were all about 'Beyond intelligent' which is Note 5 (A.I)... here's what i think, Infinix is gonna follow the same way of Note 4 launch. They have launched Note 5 with two versions 3GB RAM/32GB and 4GB RAM/64GB, just like the Note 4, and will later release Note 5 Pro/Stylus which will be called 'All in one', prolly with the X-pen coming with the phone. we dey anticipate sha! Nice one Infinix, ori e owambe

when will they likely release the note 5 pro?
Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by echepops(m): 9:10pm On Jun 25, 2018
0079jaBond:

Prolly a month from now

1 Like

Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 4:20pm On Jun 28, 2018
echepops:

You are very correct!
Remember when I stated in my earlier posts about the delay in the release of the Note 4 Pro after the launch.
I was all over the Note 4 Pro, I pre-ordered and was also at the Lagos launch and I'm pretty sure I'm one of the first 100 people to get a unit, I even did an unboxing video . PS: I forgive infinix for the delay in the phones availability after the launch, I used a feature phone for an extra month waiting for the phone of my dreams, but it was sure worth the wait. But theres also that other thing with the pouch not being available a month after the phone's nationwide availability, causing my phone to scratch a lot, well let's forget about that, it's so way 2017.
That's the same thing infinix is doing here. They didn't announce or promote the Note 5 Pro at the launch beacause they don't want the same thing that happened last year where people started demanding for the phone and criticizing the company's strategies. This forced infinix to release the phone quite earlier than they planned. They want the Note 5 to sell quite well before introducing the Note 5 Pro into the market. This is a good strategy but non the less we're still expectant of the Note 5 Pro.

#AllInOne
#InfinixNote5Pro
#InfinixMobility

CC lalasticlala XFrozen dragnet honsul
Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 4:28pm On Jun 28, 2018
0079jaBond:

The Infinix Note 5 Pro will be available in August 2018.
It will sell for about N80,000-85,000

I would really want to commend Infinix Mobility on the quick release of the Note 5 and 5 Pro. They're a smartphone company with the customers at heart. You guys are the best, you deserve some all the accolades. Although I'm quite scared it a little bit early and you guys will be tempted to release a new phone or series within the next 5 months of waiting to launch the Zero 6, well, we got your backs!

Remember when I said this. I guess infinix has strategized well. They have positioned the release and sale of the Note 5 and 5 Pro to suite a timeline before the launch of the Infinix Zero 6 in November so that they always have a new selling phone in the market before then.
Re: LIVE AT THE NIGERIA LAUNCH ... Infinix Note 5/5 Pro Official Discussion Thread by WDTrends: 4:34pm On Jun 28, 2018
I'm sorry I've been away for a while.

I'm a core Infinix fan especially the Note (Pro) series.
Im here at the Nigerian launch of the device happening now at the Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, Lagos.

I'll be uploading live all the happenings, so please do well to follow this topic. I'll make sure this is as interesting as being at the launch event yourself.

#InfinixMobility
#InfinixNote5
#AllInOneNG
#BeyondIntelligence

CC lalasticlala XFrozen dragnet honsul

(1) (2) (Reply)

This App Gives Free 300 Airtime Daily, Is Amazing Shareit Lite #slitechristmas / Tecno Q1 And Infinix Buzz, Which One Is Most Prefered / Whatsapp Suspend My Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.