Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,521 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years (1104 Views)

Dangote Refinery: Roaring To Life On The Lagos Blue Sky / Aliko Dangote Says Apapa-oshodi Road Will Last For 40 Years When Completed / FG Appoints Abdul-Akaba Sumaila As Sole Administrator Of Ajaokuta Steel Complex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years by BrandSpurNG: 5:48am On Jun 19, 2018
Engineers at AJAOKUTA STEEL PLANT power up the engines that have been inactive for years!

After decades, $8b Ajaokuta steel company’s engines are beginning to steam, low scale production has started, the plant can produce nearly 10 million metric tons of steel per annum, create an estimated 500 thousand jobs, generate 110MW of electricity (70MW more than it needs), potentially cut $10b imports per annum…

…Railway lines, River Niger dredging, Inland Ports construction and development of crucial components to facilitate production are on course.

The fundamental aspect of our Nigerian dream (industrialisation, moving away from oil dependency) is coming true.

Ajaokuta Steel Company Limited (ASCL) popularly known as Ajaokuta Steel Mill is Nigeria’s largest steel plant located in Ajaokuta, Kogi State, Nigeria.

Built on a 24,000 hectares (59,000 acres) site in 1979 with the coke oven and byproducts plant larger than all the refineries in Nigeria combined is reported to finally start production, four decades after.

video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqVyWiYdKQA

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/ajaokuta-roars-to-life-after-40-years-video/

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years by Iruobean(m): 5:49am On Jun 19, 2018
shocked
Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years by daomi(m): 5:57am On Jun 19, 2018
D
Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years by dingbang(m): 6:03am On Jun 19, 2018
So its when election wants to start that these fowls will begin to do their jobs abi..
Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years by mankand(m): 6:05am On Jun 19, 2018
Stop forcing lies into our throats. It is not true ask Natasha Akpoti the front runner for the campaign on revival of ajaokuta steel factory, the government have other yet even decide which company will handle it again. Late last month there was a session at the house of assembly where there was a hearing on what us holding it back.

Too much politics in okay in this project which is why it isn't coming back to life soon
Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years by hisgrace090: 6:48am On Jun 19, 2018
dingbang:
So its when election wants to start that these fowls will begin to do their jobs abi..

Do you know how long it takes to revive an industries of such magnitude?

Turning everything to politics have made you guys not to appreciates any good thing again.

I pray it will bring a sustainable development to our land.
Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years by GMBuhari: 7:11am On Jun 19, 2018
I have seen a video earlier but the video was disputed , can anyone around Kogi axis confirm this ?? abi it's a no go area ni ?
Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years by desgiezd(m): 8:34am On Jun 19, 2018
hisgrace090:

Do you know how long it takes to revive an industries of such magnitude?

Turning everything to politics have made you guys not to appreciates any good thing again.

I pray it will bring a sustainable development to our land.

This is what I call maturity

1 Like

Re: Ajaokuta Roars To Life After 40 Years by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 20, 2018
If i am to be the president of UK and i know that 20% of the annual revenue comes from the import.... I will try my best even if it means to sponsor terrorism to make sure a country like Nigeria do not utilize its resources.

Because it will be a threat to my country revenue.

That is why Nigeria is experiencing so let's continue to enjoy it.

Visit www.360forextrader.com.

(1) (Reply)

Understanding R410 Air Condition / Be A Sole Distributor Or Even Get Your Own Factory Of These Super Yummy Cookies! / 7 Reasons Why I Prefer Using Quickteller To My Fcmb Internet Banking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.