Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,120 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Why Go Through Pain When You Can Avoid It? Beyond The Superficial Love | - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Go Through Pain When You Can Avoid It? Beyond The Superficial Love | (319 Views)

The Book Of Pain / The Blind Lover(A story of love and pain)-EPISODE 4 / NOVEL: CAMELS, A Story Of Love And Pain. By blacpen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Go Through Pain When You Can Avoid It? Beyond The Superficial Love | by rxmusa(m): 7:49am On Jun 19, 2018
WHY GO THROUGH PAIN WHEN YOU CAN AVOID IT? BEYOND THE SUPERFICIAL LOVE | Musa A. Bello
By Insightful Observer on Tuesday, June 19, 2018

WORLD SICKLE CELL DAY

I am ready to part with anyone because of Safiya, I cannot allow mere game of probabilities be a hindrance to our envisaged marital life, what is love if one cannot take chances or make sacrifices, haba! These were the words Al-ameen was absentmindedly speaking to himself aloud, talking with an air of resoluteness of decision. Unknown to him his mother who was passing by had heard him and stopped walking, she moved closer the entrace of his room and had spend few minutes there without him even realizing her presence, and she had heard his aggressive utterances, she was about to leave when he lifted his head up and saw her, her moody countenance made him concluded that she must had heard him, he quickly jumped up and went begging her, “please Umma wallahi I cannot live without Safiya” with teary eyes.

His mother began “What is true love? If you really love Safiya as you claimed, you will have heed our advice and stop this your irrational idea of marrying her. Sickle Cell Disease has been a source of unending life anguish to many people, simply because of their ignorance or recklessness in decision. I am highly disappointed in you Al-ameen, you are the least person I ever expected to allow irrational impulses take over your sound judgement, especially with regards to this issue. Being that you are a graduate of Human Anatomy, you must have had enough knowledge that would enable you make a sound judgement. It is Allah that destined both of you to have an AS genotype, no one can escape his destiny, it is his Divine will, just accept it and pray for the best. The most sincere display of affection and love you could do for Safiya is to help save her and your unborn children from the torture of Sickle Cell Disease. This is not a mere game of probability as you claimed but a risk that cannot ever be taken by a sane mind. As for my blessings in a marriage that shall disturb my future grandchildren, that I won’t offer, my decision is final”.

Let us just pray that Allah should bless us with better spouses, our marriage is not possible Safiya, let us just obey our parents for the sake of our future, said Al-ameen amidst tears. He was about to continue speaking after wiping tears from his watery eyes when he heard the disconnecting tone of his phone indicating that she must have hung up on him.

Al-ameen’s decision was a sound one, never allow love blind you to the extent you are willing to punish your unborn children, sickle cell disease is real. Let us all prevent this avoidable disease by going for genotype test before embarking on a journey to marital life.
Let us all support those living with it

# World Sickle Cell Disease Day

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have A Better Chance Of Winning The Lottery With A Quick Pick? / Buy Hardcopies Online With Delivery To Nigeria / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.