Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,461 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. (12602 Views)

Shoppers Storm Onitsha Main Market For Christmas Shopping (Video) / Lagos Female Christmas Shoppers Hide Money In Undies To Beat Pickpockets / Four Common Financial Mistakes Most People In Nigeria Make (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by TechCapon(m): 11:23am On Jun 19, 2018

Hell hath no fury like a customer scorned because there’s nothing more frustrating than spending your hard earned money on a bad product. Technology has it possible to shop for almost anything you want right from the comfort of your home while some folks have enjoyed shopping online, there’re others whose shopping experience can only be likened to a nightmare or horror movie. Shopping online is a good because it gives you more options and freedom to choose from a variety of products sometimes cheaper than buying from retail stores. But it’s not all that rosy as a lot of buyers have had bad experiences while shopping online such as receiving defective items and so on. Some people have learned the hard way that not all products are as good as they’re advertised. The essence of this post is not to cast blames on either the online stores or the buyers but to educate people on how to avoid pitfalls of online shopping and make your shopping experience more exciting.

1. Not doing any research on the products before buying.

Especially when buying electronic products and gadgets. Some products are just bad products directly from the factory or manufacturers. These products come cheaper and are advertised in such a colorful way that people just add it to their shopping cart without any form of research about the product. For example, I’ve seen a lot complains about a phone called Bontel. Some people complain that the phones are defective right out of the box and people still buy it online every day. When the product arrives, they put the blame on the online store for selling bad items instead of accepting the fact that they purchased a wrong item. I strongly recommend that you do little research about an item before you buy.

2. Not reading reviews on items.

Especially in this part of the world, people hardly read reviews about a product they want to buy. I’m not talking about the reviews done buy the promoters just to sell their products, I’m talking about hands on reviews from previous users of the products. They rely on the reviews of the sellers who are just there to make profit. Funny enough, users hardly write reviews on popular shopping sites like jumia, konga etc. Sometimes when shopping online, I hardly see any comment from other buyers who bought the same thing so I’ll know if it’s really as good as it is advertised. Nigerian online shoppers should learn how to read reviews and also write about the products they’re buying. If it’s good, write it on the site that the product is good but if it’s bad instead of whining and complaining, go back to the site and write about the product and warn future customers not to make the same mistake you did!

3. Ignoring coupon codes.

Coupon codes are not just for fancy as alot of people think. They’re a great way to save money on your online shopping. Before you pay for an item, a space is always provided to allow you enter your coupon codes and get instant discounts but only 5% of shoppers use these option. If you are wondering how to get shopping codes just use Google or you buy through an agent. It doesn’t make sense to me to pay the full price for an item when I can get it cheaper buy using the coupon codes so I’ve made it a habit not to shop without them. Lol.

4. Not reading return policy.

The importance of this cannot be over emphasized. Most online stores have return policies that are so frustrating that it is better to cut your loses and move on than to return a damaged or faulty item. It’s important to know how long you have before you return it. Most times the money is non refundable, sometimes they just refuse to collect the bad items, sometimes they give you vouchers equivalent to your money so you can shop another item. Whichever way it is, study the return policies of a site before you buy.

5. Not reporting an online store.

Some people don’t know that not every item listed on a shopping site belongs to the shopping site. Jumia for example has other stores who use their platform to sell their products as well. Jumia has strict guidelines for those who use their platforms. They do not tolerate fraudulent activities so when a customer is aggrieved as a result of the fraudulent activity, instead of reporting the store to jumia for sanctions, they blame jumia. Shoppers should try to find out the name of the particular store before they buy and also write reviews about their products and services.

6. Using public Wi-Fi.

It's a good thing governor Ambode of Lagos state is introducing free Wi-Fi across major bus terminals across the state but be that as it may, this public Wi-Fi is NOT SECURE ! Hackers enjoy harvesting card details from unsuspecting online shoppers and use it to hack into their accounts. Fraudsters are always on the internet like roaring lions looking for the slightest opportunity and the easiest way to get private data is via unsecured public Wi-Fi. It’s not advisable to do your online shopping using free public Wi-Fi. Wait until you’re at home or office then you can use your private network.

Do you have any tips for being smart and safe while shopping online? Tell us it in the comment section

SOURCE: http://techcapon.com/mistakes-online-shoppers-make-and-how-to-avoid-them/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by bamac(m): 12:33pm On Jun 19, 2018
I accept.

However, it is better you make orders through someone who knows the business to avoid issues. When you have a job you are doing you might not even have the time to start going through all those things. This is why it is advisable to contact me foe your orders on Jumia Nigeria. 98% of Nairalanders can testify to my service. I also make bulk orders for not just individual, but also for establishments, institutions and organized group of people.

There are many benefits you tend to enjoy when you place your order(s) through me.

*Some of these benefits are as follows;*

� 1. Saves you/your organization/institution the time and stress attached to online shopping.
�2. Reduction of shipping fee
�3. Close monitoring of your item(s) (from order date till delivery date)
�4. Quick response to issues
�5. Safer mode of payment when pay on delivery is not available for your item(s) or to your location .
�6. Up-to-date information on new products and promotions.
�7. Offers professional advice
�8. Takes responsibility when issue arises.
�9. Act as customer's mouthpiece.
�10. Check-mate delivery associate's activities..... and many more...

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 19, 2018
Nice tips especially number 1 and 2. Where are those guys who always complain about jumia on nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by bamac(m): 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2018
lofty900:
Nice tips especially number 1 and 2. Where are those guys who always complain about jumia on nairaland?
My experience with "most of them" is that they always think they know it all and also, they want to play safe because of the numerous scammers using the name if those online stores to dupe people.

Even with the list of the OP you may still get headaches when it comes to buying online since it is not your job, cinsidering that you have a lot to do within a shoet period of time. Everything is so easy now as you can delegate the responsibility to a sales consultant of that particular online store in order to get the best of the store.

I have resolved several issues of those that never contacted me for their orders before making it here, though they did it because they think they know what they want to order. Also, because they did not know me and few, because they find it difficult to trust... But i helped them in order to build the trust.

Please call/Whatsapp on 08091180137 to order from Jumia now through a reliable and trustworthy Jumia Sales consultant.

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2018
bamac:
My experience with "most of them" is that they always think they know it all and also, they want to play safe because of the numerous scammers using the name if those online stores to dupe people.

Even with the list of the OP you may still get headaches when it comes to buying online since it is not your job, cinsidering that you have a lot to do within a shoet period of time. Everything is so easy now as you can delegate the responsibility to a sales consultant of that particular online store in order to get the best of the store.

I have resolved several issues of those that never contacted me for their orders before making it here, though they did it because they think they know what they want to order. Also, because they did not know me and few, because they find it difficult to trust... But i helped them in order to build the trust.

Please call/Whatsapp on 08091180137 to order from Jumia now through a reliable and trustworthy Jumia Sales consultant.
you're right. They don't even know they can get items cheaper through an agent than if they do the shopping themselves.
Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by MrLouisVanGaal1: 8:33am On Jun 20, 2018
Thanks.

Meanwhile come learn video and animation and selling on fiverr on my thread. Follow the link in my signature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by Issafela: 8:34am On Jun 20, 2018
lofty900:
you're right. They don't even know they can get items cheaper through an agent than if they do the shopping themselves.
Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by qanda: 8:37am On Jun 20, 2018
For Digital material Purchases like educational, Career, Job Test Questions and Answers, Professional Exams Questions and Answers, Scholarship Test materials and Personal Development resources, many Nigerians source these materials from unreliable and unconfirmed sources that end up selling fake study materials to them.

For individuals in these category, I recommend you source your digital educational and career resources from Q and A App. Q and A App is available for Download on Google Playstore.

Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by Wasky101: 8:39am On Jun 20, 2018
Ok

iPhone 6s 64gb for 90k. #discount. USA used with charger. Fresh like new. Payment on delivery

Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by kpaofame: 8:44am On Jun 20, 2018
good tips

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by ifejilika(m): 8:52am On Jun 20, 2018
Nice one

2 Likes

Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:53am On Jun 20, 2018
MrLouisVanGaal1:
Thanks.

Meanwhile come learn video and animation and selling on fiverr on my thread. Follow the link in my signature.
...Fiverr...

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by lobell: 8:59am On Jun 20, 2018
Na So.
Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by Tonimordred(m): 9:00am On Jun 20, 2018
I dnt agree wit d last one
Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 20, 2018
All very important points of which I am only guilty of the coupon ish.
In the just the same way I can take upward of 3months to scout a babe, I can scout a product for upward of 3months. And when the deal comes through, I always always get it right. It took me 6wks to get a new toothbrush, and last last I settled for an electric toothbrush on my last trip.
Shoppers need to do their due diligence on whatever they wanna get.

3 Likes

Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by Kingcesar: 9:02am On Jun 20, 2018
Pls my fellow online shoppers ,how much do one send on a particular item before custom charges them for clearance fee (phone) the portal is AliExpress
Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by DIYhackers: 9:08am On Jun 20, 2018
Some vendors sells low quality products best thing is to review before buying

1 Like

Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by Basfaq(m): 9:19am On Jun 20, 2018
Op,can u buy from outside country as well.
Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by Godfullsam(m): 10:41am On Jun 20, 2018
Pls who can hint newbie like me the best online stores to get cheap and good quality products
Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by coolshegs10(m): 11:34am On Jun 20, 2018
Please how safe is it to get a laptop from Amazon?

I've read reviews about the system and it turns out to be a good one. There's also a shipping fee to sens it to me.

Is there anything else I need to check out for before buying the product? Thanks ☺️
Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 20, 2018
Godfullsam:
Pls who can hint newbie like me the best online stores to get cheap and good quality products
aliexpress.com, taobao.com, gearbest.com etc
Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by Ndkings1(m): 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
For your quick orders on jumia....
Make your online shopping very memorable and easy by contacting me.....

Chijiokekingsley@gmail.com
081-03253916
Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by Ndkings1(m): 12:36pm On Jun 20, 2018
coolshegs10:
Please how safe is it to get a laptop from Amazon?

I've read reviews about the system and it turns out to be a good one. There's also a shipping fee to sens it to me.

Is there anything else I need to check out for before buying the product? Thanks ☺️
Why go to Amazon when you can get a better and sweeter product for less price on our site with guarantees.
Check my signature
Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by Ndkings1(m): 12:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
Kingcesar:
Pls my fellow online shoppers ,how much do one send on a particular item before custom charges them for clearance fee (phone) the portal is AliExpress
The site for you is jumia....
Check my signature and contact me
Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by hollagokay(m): 1:03pm On Jun 20, 2018
How does one report an online store?
TechCapon:

Hell hath no fury like a customer scorned because there’s nothing more frustrating than spending your hard earned money on a bad product. Technology has it possible to shop for almost anything you want right from the comfort of your home while some folks have enjoyed shopping online, there’re others whose shopping experience can only be likened to a nightmare or horror movie. Shopping online is a good because it gives you more options and freedom to choose from a variety of products sometimes cheaper than buying from retail stores. But it’s not all that rosy as a lot of buyers have had bad experiences while shopping online such as receiving defective items and so on. Some people have learned the hard way that not all products are as good as they’re advertised. The essence of this post is not to cast blames on either the online stores or the buyers but to educate people on how to avoid pitfalls of online shopping and make your shopping experience more exciting.

1. Not doing any research on the products before buying.

Especially when buying electronic products and gadgets. Some products are just bad products directly from the factory or manufacturers. These products come cheaper and are advertised in such a colorful way that people just add it to their shopping cart without any form of research about the product. For example, I’ve seen a lot complains about a phone called Bontel. Some people complain that the phones are defective right out of the box and people still buy it online every day. When the product arrives, they put the blame on the online store for selling bad items instead of accepting the fact that they purchased a wrong item. I strongly recommend that you do little research about an item before you buy.

2. Not reading reviews on items.

Especially in this part of the world, people hardly read reviews about a product they want to buy. I’m not talking about the reviews done buy the promoters just to sell their products, I’m talking about hands on reviews from previous users of the products. They rely on the reviews of the sellers who are just there to make profit. Funny enough, users hardly write reviews on popular shopping sites like jumia, konga etc. Sometimes when shopping online, I hardly see any comment from other buyers who bought the same thing so I’ll know if it’s really as good as it is advertised. Nigerian online shoppers should learn how to read reviews and also write about the products they’re buying. If it’s good, write it on the site that the product is good but if it’s bad instead of whining and complaining, go back to the site and write about the product and warn future customers not to make the same mistake you did!

3. Ignoring coupon codes.

Coupon codes are not just for fancy as alot of people think. They’re a great way to save money on your online shopping. Before you pay for an item, a space is always provided to allow you enter your coupon codes and get instant discounts but only 5% of shoppers use these option. If you are wondering how to get shopping codes just use Google or you buy through an agent. It doesn’t make sense to me to pay the full price for an item when I can get it cheaper buy using the coupon codes so I’ve made it a habit not to shop without them. Lol.

4. Not reading return policy.

The importance of this cannot be over emphasized. Most online stores have return policies that are so frustrating that it is better to cut your loses and move on than to return a damaged or faulty item. It’s important to know how long you have before you return it. Most times the money is non refundable, sometimes they just refuse to collect the bad items, sometimes they give you vouchers equivalent to your money so you can shop another item. Whichever way it is, study the return policies of a site before you buy.

5. Not reporting an online store.

Some people don’t know that not every item listed on a shopping site belongs to the shopping site. Jumia for example has other stores who use their platform to sell their products as well. Jumia has strict guidelines for those who use their platforms. They do not tolerate fraudulent activities so when a customer is aggrieved as a result of the fraudulent activity, instead of reporting the store to jumia for sanctions, they blame jumia. Shoppers should try to find out the name of the particular store before they buy and also write reviews about their products and services.

6. Using public Wi-Fi.

It's a good thing governor Ambode of Lagos state is introducing free Wi-Fi across major bus terminals across the state but be that as it may, this public Wi-Fi is NOT SECURE ! Hackers enjoy harvesting card details from unsuspecting online shoppers and use it to hack into their accounts. Fraudsters are always on the internet like roaring lions looking for the slightest opportunity and the easiest way to get private data is via unsecured public Wi-Fi. It’s not advisable to do your online shopping using free public Wi-Fi. Wait until you’re at home or office then you can use your private network.

Do you have any tips for being smart and safe while shopping online? Tell us it in the comment section

SOURCE: http://techcapon.com/mistakes-online-shoppers-make-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by clems93(m): 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2018
NOT USING THE SERVICES OF A SALES AGENT SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THE ONLINE STORE.
Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by NarnieSnyper(m): 6:15am On Jun 21, 2018
And here I am, about to order for a bontel 5510 phone I saw on Jumia. I have a colleague that have used that bontel with power bank for more 3months now, no issues.
Please, anyone in the house, gimme a review on that bontel phone before I order for it.
Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by coolshegs10(m): 11:09am On Jun 21, 2018
Ndkings1:

Why go to Amazon when you can get a better and sweeter product for less price on our site with guarantees.
Check my signature

The price of the laptop I saw was way higher on Nigerian sites than that on Amazon.

How much is your Acer E-15 E5-575-33BM?
Re: Mistakes Most Online Shoppers In Nigeria Make And How To Avoid Them. by benitwater(m): 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2018
bamac:
I accept.

However, it is better you make orders through someone who knows the business to avoid issues. When you have a job you are doing you might not even have the time to start going through all those things. This is why it is advisable to contact me foe your orders on Jumia Nigeria. 98% of Nairalanders can testify to my service. I also make bulk orders for not just individual, but also for establishments, institutions and organized group of people.

There are many benefits you tend to enjoy when you place your order(s) through me.

*Some of these benefits are as follows;*

� 1. Saves you/your organization/institution the time and stress attached to online shopping.
�2. Reduction of shipping fee
�3. Close monitoring of your item(s) (from order date till delivery date)
�4. Quick response to issues
�5. Safer mode of payment when pay on delivery is not available for your item(s) or to your location .
�6. Up-to-date information on new products and promotions.
�7. Offers professional advice
�8. Takes responsibility when issue arises.
�9. Act as customer's mouthpiece.
�10. Check-mate delivery associate's activities..... and many more...
I work with NIPOST,how can i be of help?

(1) (Reply)

AMCON Takes Over NICON Insurance, Nigeria Reinsurance Corporation / Deep Freezer For Ice Block Production / Why Are Major Oil Companies In Nigeria Controlled By Yorubas And Hausas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.