Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,827 members, 7,956,135 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:27 AM

The Fading Beauty Of My Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fading Beauty Of My Church (311 Views)

Covid-19 Relief Items From My Church This Morning / Social Distancing In Delta: My Church Worship Service Today (Photos) / Timi Dakolo Married In My Church, I Knew Of The Rape-Pastor Yemi Davids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Fading Beauty Of My Church by arinze198(m): 1:32pm On Jun 19, 2018
The summary of the “beauty” of The Catholic Church is found in the final lines of the Apostle creed…The Catholic church is ONE , HOLY ,CATHOLIC AND APOSTOLIC…
This then is the reason why the Catholic church has weathered and survived every trial(s) and tribulations that confronted it.

This is also the reason why the Catholic Church is also the most ORGANIZED HUMAN STRUCTURE in the world. In her ONENESS IS THE SOLIDARITY that gives us strength. In her CATHOLICITY is the universality that makes the uniformity awesome. In Her HOLINESS is the sanctity she bears from God and in her APOSTOLICITY is her rich roots in ORAL AND SACRED TRADITION. Little wonder then why Jesus Christ handed the keys over to Peter and assured him that “the gates of hell WILL never triumph over her”.

The responsibility then of keeping this beautiful gift now falls on not just the spiritual leaders of the church but on all of us who bear the identity CATHOLIC. But every time I go for mass I sometimes ask myself is this the same Catholic Church I have always known as a child…?

Full story: http://pmexpressng.com/fading-beauty-church/

(1) (Reply)

God In A Single Word / 50 Most Influential Jew Around The Globe. / New Catholic Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.