Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,863 members, 7,956,258 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:44 AM

Jose Mourinho Tells Gernot Rohr – Mikel Can’t Play In The Number Ten Role - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jose Mourinho Tells Gernot Rohr – Mikel Can’t Play In The Number Ten Role (527 Views)

AFCON: Wabali Bobo Is Better Than Francis Uzoho,” Gernot Rohr / Gernot Rohr: Victor Moses Is The Most Reliable Super Eagles Player / Gernot Rohr Releases Eagles' Squad For Nigeria Vs Zambia Match (See Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho Tells Gernot Rohr – Mikel Can’t Play In The Number Ten Role by XVIER(m): 9:55am On Jun 20, 2018
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has expressed his disappointment with the way Nigeria lost 0-2 to Croatia in their opening World Cup 2018 group D game on Saturday.

Speaking on Russian TV station RT, the coach who predicted that Nigeria will advance ahead of Croatia before the start of the World Cup faulted the decision of coach Gernot Rohr to play John Obi Mikel as the number ten of the Nigerian team during the game.

Mourinho coached Mikel in two different spells at Chelsea and according to him, the Tianjin Teda man is at his best if played from a deep role as he will be able to dictate the pace of the game unlike when he is played up the pitch where the tempo is higher.

” I was sad and disappointed the way they (Nigeria) lost. ‎I looked at the composition of the team. On paper they have some good players . Croatia now look better placed to qualify from this group”, Mourinho said negating his pre tournament prediction where he said Nigeria will qualify.

He went further by saying Mikel should have played as the defensive midfielder of the team and not as the playmaker ” Mikel is not a No 10, he is a No 6″, the coach who signed Mikel to Chelsea where he spent ten and half seasons said.

source: https://m.allfootballapp.com/news?id=696477

Re: Jose Mourinho Tells Gernot Rohr – Mikel Can’t Play In The Number Ten Role by Kylekent59: 10:46am On Jun 20, 2018
I support Mourinho, Rhor should learn now.
Honestly, i watched our last match and I noticed the error there.
Attacking midfielder is suppose to be shard and fast but mikel is very slow. We need a verysharp player to play that number 10(attacking midfielder) .
Mikel should go back to number 6(defending/holding midfielder) he should use his body to defend that midfield.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Super Eagles Coach Speaks After Victory Over Iceland, Heaps Praises On Players / Nigerian Fans Banned From Bringing Chicken As Goodluck Charm A The World Cup / Germany Don Kill Person

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.