Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,680 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Could I Be "Good For Nothing"? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Could I Be "Good For Nothing"? (652 Views)

N75,000 Monthly Take Home Salary, How Much Should I Be Saving / Can I Be A Businessman As A Federal Government Worker / Can I Be A Referee For Someone Looking For A Job Where I Work? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could I Be "Good For Nothing"? by apprentist(m): 11:26am On Jun 20, 2018
Am I Good at Nothing?

The last time I made a post here was almost at the end of my NYSC. You know the feeling of anxiety when you are almost at the end of your service year and you have no lead as to achieving your set goals. Well, I was at that stage of my life; and in as much as I wish this post was a testimony on decisions I made, well it is not.

Just a brief info on the moves I made after Service.
Well, I went straight back to my father's house even though that was not my intention, I was forced to go back there because I had just lost my Beautiful Mom and needed to set my head straight.
I spent almost 2 years teaching at a school before I took a leap on moving on into something Engineering. So since February, I have been serving as an intern in a firm with the goal of moving from a liability to becoming an asset on the job. and then, here I am today.
The issue I have right now is that:

Since my stay here, I have never been able to connect to the job. I imagine you guys would need me to be specific so here it is: I am not being functional at the job as an intern. Doing most of the sitting down at the office while others are physically involved in the daily activities.

I also feel like I made a wrong move to have left my teaching job in my resident state. (Sorry I didn't mention this, but I moved into Lagos because of this job.)

Could it be that I have a passion for something else far from Engineering? Because the one thing I have done in my life that has been fun for me is Teaching in schools. But being a Male 30, its a hard decision to make.

So please Advice me...

Have you been through the stage of your life where you are hit with the feeling that you are "good for nothing"?
Whats your story? Please Share

1 Like

Re: Could I Be "Good For Nothing"? by bigt2(m): 11:33am On Jun 20, 2018
You can never be good for nothing.
Depression is setting into your life gradually through a low self esteem. Find something you have passion for and do it. Time wasted is life wasted. Add value to yourself, you never know where or when the ignition will come from, or the push.
Brother you have to keep moving, keep pushing, give yourself hope and keep the fire burning.
Never allow anybody or any condition to disrespect you.
Take charge like INFINIX, Let the Zeal be everywhere you go like MTN, then you'll GLO with pride! cool

2 Likes

Re: Could I Be "Good For Nothing"? by apprentist(m): 11:52am On Jun 20, 2018
Thank you for the swift responds but finding something I have a passion for has been an issue.
I am in Lagos for the first time and at the verge of renting an apartment for myself. I'm stock at this point and quitting my job now is a ''no go'' because of my many needs.

bigt2:
You can never be good for nothing.
Depression is setting into your life gradually through a low self esteem. Find something you have passion for and do it. Time wasted is life wasted. Add value to yourself, you never know where or when the ignition will come from, or the push.
Brother you have to keep moving, keep pushing, give yourself hope and keep the fire burning.
Never allow anybody or any condition to disrespect you.
Take charge like INFINIX, Let the Zeal be everywhere you go like MTN, then you'll GLO with pride! cool
Re: Could I Be "Good For Nothing"? by Divinerace(m): 8:49pm On Jun 20, 2018
apprentist:
Thank you for the swift responds but finding something I have a passion for has been an issue.
I am in Lagos for the first time and at the verge of renting an apartment for myself. I'm stock at this point and quitting my job now is a ''no go'' because of my many needs.

choose-a-job-u-love-and-u-will-never-have-to-work-for-a-single-day!!!:::by-confusius.

(1) (Reply)

Tuition Free: Professional Diploma In Photography / See World Best Footballers Who Never Went To School / Sales Rep Needed-alagbole, Akute, Ajuwon, ishashi axis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.