Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,264 members, 7,849,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:59 AM

Breaking: Saraki, Dogara Absent As President Buhari Signs 2018 Budget Into Law - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Breaking: Saraki, Dogara Absent As President Buhari Signs 2018 Budget Into Law (458 Views)

Saraki, Dogara Padded Budgets For Four Years – Tinubu / Saraki, Dogara Reacts Over Plot To Impeach Gov Ortom / Angry Youth Storm National Assembly Demand Saraki, Dogara Resignation. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Saraki, Dogara Absent As President Buhari Signs 2018 Budget Into Law by Okonsyourguy(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
Fellow Nigerians, after spending 6 agonizingly long months in the National Assembly, President Muhammadu Buhari has finally signed the 2018 Appropriation Bill into law. Conspicuously absent at the signing of the 2018 Budget were the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and the Speaker of the House of Reps, Hon. Yakubu Dogara.

President Buhari while explaining the reasons behind the long delay in signing the budget said, "I am concerned about some of the changes that the National Assembly has made to the budget proposals that I presented. The logic behind the Constitutional direction that budgets should be proposed by the Executive is that, it is the Executive that knows and defines its policies and projects.

Unfortunately, that has not been given much regard in what has been sent to me. The National Assembly made cuts amounting to 347 billion Naira in the allocations to 4,700 projects submitted to them for consideration and introduced 6,403 projects of their own amounting to 578 billion Naira."

If you want to find out more about the intrigues behind the delay in the signing of the 2018 Budget, you should read President Buhari's full speech http://statehouse.gov.ng/news/president-buharis-speech-at-the-signing-of-the-2018-appropriation-bill-into-law-at-presidential-villa-abuja/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Breaking: Saraki, Dogara Absent As President Buhari Signs 2018 Budget Into Law by blakid(m): 2:14pm On Jun 20, 2018
Saraki wey dey Russia dey enjoy himself. sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Saraki, Dogara Absent As President Buhari Signs 2018 Budget Into Law by modsfucker: 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2018
undecided
Re: Breaking: Saraki, Dogara Absent As President Buhari Signs 2018 Budget Into Law by Timibabaj(m): 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2018
This is good. Let the work fully commence!
Okonsyourguy:
Fellow Nigerians, after spending 6 agonizingly long months in the National Assembly, President Muhammadu Buhari has finally signed the 2018 Appropriation Bill into law. Conspicuously absent at the signing of the 2018 Budget were the Senate President, Bukola Saraki, and the Speaker of the House of Reps, Hon. Yakubu Dogara.

President Buhari while explaining the reasons behind the long delay in signing the budget said, "I am concerned about some of the changes that the National Assembly has made to the budget proposals that I presented. The logic behind the Constitutional direction that budgets should be proposed by the Executive is that, it is the Executive that knows and defines its policies and projects.

Unfortunately, that has not been given much regard in what has been sent to me. The National Assembly made cuts amounting to 347 billion Naira in the allocations to 4,700 projects submitted to them for consideration and introduced 6,403 projects of their own amounting to 578 billion Naira."

If you want to find out more about the intrigues behind the delay in the signing of the 2018 Budget, you should read President Buhari's full speech http://statehouse.gov.ng/news/president-buharis-speech-at-the-signing-of-the-2018-appropriation-bill-into-law-at-presidential-villa-abuja/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Saraki, Dogara Absent As President Buhari Signs 2018 Budget Into Law by Jakinola01(m): 4:44pm On Jun 20, 2018
Great news from Buhari

Okonsyourguy:

Re: Breaking: Saraki, Dogara Absent As President Buhari Signs 2018 Budget Into Law by Chi12baby: 6:41pm On Jun 20, 2018
President Buhari is such an honest person for pointing out these thieves.
Okonsyourguy:

(1) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Vincent Nwala / See My Before & Now Pix / Matibabu: A New Device In The Fight Against Malaria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.