Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,311 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Who Invented Microsoft Powerpoint? And What Year? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Who Invented Microsoft Powerpoint? And What Year? (24110 Views)

How To Convert Your Powerpoint Presentation To A Video File / The Black Man That May Have Invented The Pc / Convert MS Word, MS Powerpoint etc to PDF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Invented Microsoft Powerpoint? And What Year? by sexylady1(f): 12:36pm On Jan 03, 2006
nairalander, u know i was wondering how that package came into being i'll apreciate if ayone can enligthen me on that
Re: Who Invented Microsoft Powerpoint? And What Year? by Farriel(m): 2:12pm On Jan 04, 2006
Ah, but the title of the application could be deemed as self-explanatory, couldn't it? Considering you find Microsoft associated with the title, you should naturally see them as the developer of the program.

Microsoft Office Powerpoint has been around for as long as the Microsoft Office suite has been, and that's since 1989, when the Microsoft Office first debuted on Mac platforms on both standard disks and CD ROMs.
Re: Who Invented Microsoft Powerpoint? And What Year? by seeni4ever(m): 4:11am On Feb 12, 2006
you already answer ur question. microsoft invented microsoft power point. u should have asked who invented power point.
Re: Who Invented Microsoft Powerpoint? And What Year? by EvilSlayer(m): 4:19am On Feb 12, 2006
Hey sexylady, do you have to give a power point presentation? I remember I had to give a power point in my Communication class in front of the whole freaking class. My topic was alternative fuels, that was a bad ass presentation. Had an A in that dumb Class.
Re: Who Invented Microsoft Powerpoint? And What Year? by Maxflame(m): 11:25pm On Feb 12, 2006
Just load power point and printscreen when the splash screen shows up. All the info about it is in there.
Re: Who Invented Microsoft Powerpoint? And What Year? by twinstaiye(m): 11:11am On Feb 16, 2006
I want to believe, microsoft develop powerpoint from 'Corel Wordperfect 7 presentations' which had been in existence for a long time. Corel is one of the software that run on windows before the advent of Microsoft word. Those of us that had been using Wordperfect before the advent of windows should remember Corel wordperfect very well, because it metamorphose from Wordperfect to Corel wordperfect. The last release was Corel Wordperfect 7 which has Corel presentations in it. I want to believe it was after this that Microsoft develop its own Powerpoint. This is just my view though, it may not be a real fact.
Re: Who Invented Microsoft Powerpoint? And What Year? by twinstaiye(m): 11:48am On Feb 16, 2006
I want to believe, microsoft develop powerpoint from 'Corel Wordperfect 7 presentations' which had been in existence for a long time. Corel is one of the software that run on windows before the advent of Microsoft word. Those of us that had been using Wordperfect before the advent of windows should remember Corel wordperfect very well, because it metamorphose from Wordperfect to Corel wordperfect. The last release was Corel Wordperfect 7 which has Corel presentations in it. I want to believe it was after this that Microsoft develop its own Powerpoint. This is just my view though, it may not be a real fact.
Re: Who Invented Microsoft Powerpoint? And What Year? by Pinta: 5:53am On Nov 04, 2006
PowerPoint was invented by Bob Gaskins at Forethought in Sunnyvale, California, starting in 1984; it shipped (for Macintosh) in 1987 and was bought by Microsoft about six months later.  See a summary about Bob Gaskins and PowerPoint history at http://www.robertgaskins.com, with links to the original development specifications, early marketing documents, pictures of some of the people who worked on PowerPoint, and the story of when and where the very first PowerPoint colour video presentation from a laptop computer was given (in Paris, 1992).
Re: Who Invented Microsoft Powerpoint? And What Year? by Lindacamp: 1:59am On Jun 01, 2007
PowerPoint was not invented by Microsoft although they did acquire the product in 1987. A company by the name of Forethought, Inc. in Sunnyvale, California developed the product. The president of the company was an early Apple Computer employee by the name of Robert Campbell. His company developed and marketed the product and eventually sold the product to Bill Gates. There is incorrect information on the web. Robert Gaskins did not invent PowerPoint, he was actually hired by Rob Campbell as the Vice President of Development and was an important part of the team, but by no means did he invent the product. I don't know why Robert Gaskins would put false information like that on his website.

I hope this answers your question.

Linda
Re: Who Invented Microsoft Powerpoint? And What Year? by nigboy(m): 2:45am On Jan 22, 2010
Microsoft have acquire a lot of company.  But does any one know who invented velcro  There is still much controversy on the invention of Velcro.  Velcro is used in production of many stuffs like Velcro shoes, Velcro straps, etc
Re: Who Invented Microsoft Powerpoint? And What Year? by KyleHenry: 3:05pm On Jun 24, 2021
useful thread, thank you for your advice. I saw a guy on the forum who needs your advice

(1) (Reply)

Which Anti Virus Can Kill Folder.exe / How To Remove All Viruses From Your Computer Using Rescue USB Disk. / How To Block Some Websites On A PC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.