Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,881 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

What Every Christian Must Know About Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Every Christian Must Know About Islam (446 Views)

Five Things Every Christian Must Know About Sex (must Read) / Seven Things A Christian Must Never Do Because Of Money / 12 Sentences Every Christian Must Never Say Again ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Every Christian Must Know About Islam by Abdulgaffar22: 3:36am On Jun 21, 2018
I chose and accept Islam not because I have presently understood it as 100 % perfect system without any question . But because I see it as the most rational world view out of many world views that exist today. Let me start explaining my points.
We have atheism, hinduism, buddhism etc on one part. Then we have Judaism, Christianity and Islam on another part.
Let consider the atheism: Atheists are those who reject the existence of God. They only affirm the existence of nature. They believe that nature is blind, nature is deaf and nature is dumb. Yet they believe that human being capable of seeing, hearing and speaking different languages evolved from the same very nature. That is a logical contradiction!
Again hinduism, buddhism and the likes believe that god exist but this god is impersonal. How could impersonal god ( that lack free will) create personal human beings which consist of male and female. Besides Hinduism, Buddhism and the likes are restricted to some certain areas. If they were true, we should be freely have access to them like Islam and Christianity.
What of Judaism; it shares the same problem with Hinduism and buddhism in the sense that it is too restricted to some certain places. If it is truly the world view that God want us to adopt, then at this present time, it should be within our reach. But this is not so.
Now we are left with Christianity and Islam. The major reason why I believe Islam to be far more rational than Christianity is the fact that Qur'an is consistent in establishing that Allah is God. Unlike Qur'an, Bible is not consistent with the identity of God. If it says Jesus is God in one place, then it will say Jesus is not God in another place. Since knowing " WHO THE GOD IS " is the foundational doctrine of any true religious faith, there should be no any iota of confusion regarding the identity and attributes of God. Unfortunately, this is not so in Christianity.
John1:1 declare:" In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." Here we see that THE WORD = GOD
In John 1:14, it states "The Word became flesh, and made His dwelling among us." Here we see again that JESUS = THE WORD. Simple logic declares that if A=B and B=C then A=C. Therefore, since JESUS = THE WORD and THE WORD = GOD, then JESUS = GOD
Now that we have seen how the book of John established that Jesus is God, let us investigate whether the remaining part of the Bible support this claim
1. Jesus was praying to the Father and he said; And this is eternal life, that they may know You, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent (John 17:3). If the Father is the only true God according to Jesus Christ, then how could Jesus be God ?
2. Similarly in John 20:17, Jesus was reported to have said “I am ascending to my Father and your Father, and to my God and your God”. If Jesus is God , then can God have another God?
3. Also Luke 6:12 recorded that Jesus went out to the mountainside to pray, and continued all night in prayer to God. If Jesus is God, who was he praying to? Was he praying to himself ?
4. Similarly, in John 14:28, Jesus said: “My Father is GREATER THAN I”. If Jesus is God, why is he having someone greater than him? Can anybody be greater than God?
5. Again in Mark 10:18, Jesus said to one man who called him good teacher as follows: “why do you call me good? No one is good, but one, that is God”. If Jesus is God, why did he reject being called “good” and submit that all goodness belongs only to God?
6. Furthermore, in John 14:1, Jesus said “let not your heart be troubled: you believe in God, believe also in me”. If Jesus is God, why did he clearly distinguish himself from God?
7. Finally in Matthew 24:36, Jesus said; “But of that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but ONLY THE FATHER”. If Jesus is God, why did he confess his ignorance about the Day of Judgment and then submit that the knowledge of that day belongs only to God? Can God be ignorant of anything?
As you can see, there is no way we can reconcile John 1:1,14 ( which teaches that Jesus is God ) with other verses of the Bible that dispute this claim. This is the reason why Jehovah witnesses were forced to translate John 1:1 as " In the beginning was the word and the word was with God and the word was a god" . They change the term "and the word was God" in all other versions of the Bible to "and the word was a god" in their NWT Bible. Therefore, by refering to Jesus as a lesser "god", they managed to run away from the problem of calling Jesus God.
However, as they managed to run away from the problem of accepting Jesus as God Almighty , they were unable to run away from the problem of accepting him as " master worker of all creation" . In other words , like other Christian denominations, the Jehovah witnesses believe that God created everything THROUGH Jesus Christ . That God created everything through ( or by )Jesus Christ is no where to be found in the Gospel of Matthew, Mark and Luke. It is only found in the books written by Paul and John;
Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, THROUGH WHOM ALL (other) THINGS CAME and through whom we live.( 1st Corinthians 8:6).
For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; ALL (other) THINGS HA VE BEEN CREATED THROUGH him and for him.( Colossians 1:16).
THROUGH him ALL THINGS WERE MADE ; without him nothing was made that has been made (John 1:3)
But is it really true that God created all things through Jesus christ ? Let see what God Almighty say about this matter ; "This is what the LORD says, your Redeemer and the one who formed you in the womb: 'I am the LORD, who has made everything, who ALONE stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth— Who was with me at that time? (Isaiah 44:24)".
As you can see from above, Paul and John proclaimed that God created all things TRHOUGH Jesus Christ. But God Almighty Himself declare that He created all things ALL ALONE.
This is an obvious contradiction! The only way to resolve this contradiction is when we assume that Jesus is God. But as we have already established above there are many verses of Bible that will never support this assumption. Consequently, if Jehovah witnesses manage to escape the problem of accepting Jesus as God, there is no way they can escape the problem of accepting him as master worker of all creation.

Have you now agreed with me that the world of Christianity as a whole is yet to solve the problem of "Who is God ?" and "who is the creator ?" . These are foundational problems that can never be overlooked.
This is the exact reason why you must prefer Islam to christianity. Unlike Bible, Qur'an is consistently establishing that Allah is God and creator of all things.
Re: What Every Christian Must Know About Islam by falcon01: 4:36am On Jun 21, 2018
The world is a beautifull place, ever since Man came into existence he has been creating theories about how he came, Different religions, different beliefs all claim to know the truth and only through them you can have eternal life fill with goodies. Thats all ballonies. They are all man made.Its war every where people are dieng its not because they cant fight back its because they are scared and confuse thanks to religions who claim they want peace cant you f*cking see the irony and we keep supporting this theories with dumb fake happenings and thus confusing humanity making them vulnerable. What we should be doing is since we are here, lets make the best of it live life to the fullest fall in love. We shouldnt be fighting on what was or what will be.

1 Like

Re: What Every Christian Must Know About Islam by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:46am On Jun 21, 2018
I have read the whole Quran and a couple of Hadiths. I know Islam as much as I know Christianity.

In my research, Allah is not same God of the Jews and Christians.

Illah is the Arabic word for God of the Christians. Allah is Meccan Deified Supreme Being like Buddha.

To us, Muslims are Idol worshippers. While to Muslims we are Polytheists. So their can never be any point of convergence.

Al-Maada (Quran 5 :51-52) shows clearly that we can never be friends in the real sense of the word with Muslims. It's forbidden.

2 Likes

Re: What Every Christian Must Know About Islam by orisa37: 4:49am On Jun 21, 2018
You sound still far from knowing The True God. Goodluck in your Search.
Re: What Every Christian Must Know About Islam by SGR1: 4:51am On Jun 21, 2018
God is in our hearts..
But know it that the letter killet
The Bible is also written in parables.
God is infinite... You can never understand him totally.
Re: What Every Christian Must Know About Islam by festwiz(m): 6:31am On Jun 21, 2018
Christianity, Islam? Same poo different containers. lipsrsealed

#peace

1 Like

Re: What Every Christian Must Know About Islam by enilove(m): 7:58am On Jun 21, 2018
Op, how many President do we have in Nigeria?

Pls, kindly answer this. It will make you yo have more understanding regarding Christianity and Islam.
Re: What Every Christian Must Know About Islam by plainbibletruth: 8:56am On Jun 21, 2018
Abdulgaffar22:
I chose and accept Islam not because I have presently understood it as 100 % perfect system without any question . But because I see it as the most rational world view out of many world views that exist today.

So, in one sentence, and sticking to your TITLE, what must every Christian know ABOUT ISLAM?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Shango Festival In Imesi Ile, Nigeria / Daddy Freeze Teaches - The Merchants Of Hope / Why Are Yorubas Muslims?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.