Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 - Sports (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 (108606 Views)

Iceland Vs Croatia: World Cup, (1 - 2) On 26th June 2018 / Nigeria Vs Croatia: Nigerian President Vs Croatian President In Pictures / Nigeria Vs Croatia: World Cup - 0 - 2 On 16th June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:56am On Jun 22, 2018
VICTORY OR NOTHING: Five Things Super Eagles Must Do To Beat Iceland
June 21, 2018 11:00 pm

Ahead of Super Eagles’ crucial Russia 2018 World Cup clash against Iceland at the Volgograd Arena on Friday, Completesportsnigeria.com’s ADEBOYE AMOSU recommends five things the team must do to beat the World Cup debutants…

ROHR SHOULD TINKER WITH HIS FORMATION
The Super Eagles seem more accustomed to a play a 3-5-2 formation than 4-3-3 these days and it showed in their last two friendlies against England and Czech Republic.
Even though they lost both matches, they team played better when the coach switched to 3-5-2 from the less effective 4-3-3.
Handler of the team, Gernot Rohr, should seriously think of going for a 3-5-2 against Iceland and also use the right personnel.

SOLVE THE MIKEL CONUNDRUM
Former Super Eagles captain Austin Jay Jay Okocha and one-time Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho, who handed Mikel Obi his debut at Stamford Bridge, both criticised the decision to play him in a more attacking role rather than a deeper position in the defeat to Croatia.
Mikel was poor in that role and it was one of the reasons the Super Eagles failed to gel in the game. He lacked the pace to press opponents up field and affect the game positively.
The fact is Mikel is more accustomed to playing as a deep lying midfielder, a position he has played since the start of his career at Chelsea, although to be fair to Rohr Mikel has played an attacking role for two years under him. However, playing Mikel in the deeper position will get the best out of him and rub off positively on the team as well.

SUPER EAGLES MUST SHOW MORE URGENCY
One of the key flaws noted in the Super Eagles’ 2-0 loss to Croatia was their lack of urgency. The team did not show enough desire to win the game and it reflected in their overall performance.
They kept passing the ball backwards and did not threaten the Croatia defence for almost the entire game.
Against Iceland, they will need to show a lot of grit and determination to win the game.

DEFEND SET PIECES BETTER
With Iceland having taller players compared to England, Czech Republic and Croatia who have scored goals against the Super Eagles from set-pieces in their last three games, then the entire team must find a way of stopping Heimir Hallgrimsson’s men from wreaking havoc from such situations.

ROHR SHOULD NOT BE AFRAID TO MAKE BIG CALLS
Quite a number of the players failed to make much impact against Croatia with obvious good options on the bench. The likes of Shehu Abdullahi, Wilfred Ndidi, Mikel Obi, Alex Iwobi and Odion Ighalo were poor all through.

To get a positive result against Iceland, Gernot Rohr must not hesitate to drop any of them and bring in good replacements.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/victory-or-nothing-five-things-super-eagles-must-do-to-beat-iceland/
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Martinez19(m): 11:57am On Jun 22, 2018
Kingsley1000:
You see why i called you a kid,and you have forgotten that ronaldo has missed pk to this part time keeper and wouldnt win them in euro...when will he match up with messi's laliga tittles,assits,dribbles and passes?when wil he reach world cup finals? otamendi and pepe is better?
when will Messi match up to Ronaldo's goal scoring records in the uefa champions league? When Messi stop missing penalties that cost his team three points in the wc and copa America? When will your greatest of all time step when he is needed the most and stop disappearing at the ucl quarterfinals? Where is Messi when you need him? When will reach world cup final and win it like Zidane, Maradona, Sergio Ramos and Ronaldo Delima? Who final epp? Where is the greatest of all time when Cristiano is about to win six balloon do'rs while he still remains at five? Does your greatest of all time knows what it feels like to excel at different teams and win a continental cup?

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 22, 2018
Croatia won the game from the midfield.
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 22, 2018
Kingsley1000:
RONALDO PLAYS FLANK/WINGER IN MAN U,while he is real's main striker since arrival in 2009(remember he started with jersey no9)benzema is just a pseudo striker,cr7 is the main striker thats why he's always in the 18yard box...unlike messi that plays multi roles(foward,midfield,sometimes defend sef)...

So wearing jersey number 9 means you are a striker
Lol
Wagner wears jersey number 2
He is a striker
Ronaldo was never a striker
He was a forward just as Messi is a forward

Go and search Suarez, Lewandoski, arguero and Harry Kane Wikipedia it will say they are strikers

Go and search messi and Ronaldo Wikipedia
It will say they are attacking forward
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jun 22, 2018
Kingsley1000:
RONALDO PLAYS FLANK/WINGER IN MAN U,while he is real's main striker since arrival in 2009(remember he started with jersey no9)benzema is just a pseudo striker,cr7 is the main striker thats why he's always in the 18yard box...unlike messi that plays multi roles(foward,midfield,sometimes defend sef)...
If he is the real main striker
What is Hinguain then

Secondary main striker?

Ronaldo is just a striker
Yet he has over 200 career assist and over 600 career goals

Mention 1 striker that has same or even close stat

Messi dey defend?
Lol
How many interceptions Messi get?
Who dey go back pass go mark between Messi and Ronaldo

You no use sense talk atall
You dey talk from emotion

I feel your pain

Messi go defend
Lol
Hin no keep?

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Kingsley1000(m): 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2018
Martinez19:
when will Messi match up to Ronaldo's goal scoring records in the uefa champions league? When Messi stop missing penalties that cost his team three points in the wc and copa America? When will your greatest of all time step when he is needed the most and stop disappearing at the ucl quarterfinals? Where is Messi when you need him? When will reach world cup final and win it like Zidane, Maradona, Sergio Ramos and Ronaldo Delima? Who final epp? Where is the greatest of all time when Cristiano is about to win six balloon do'rs while he still remains at five? Does your greatest of all time knows what it feels like to excel at different teams and win a continental cup?

RONALDO2013 BALON DOR WAS STOLEN FROM RIBBERY...MESSI HAS WON U17 WORLD CUP AND OLYMPICS...THE REASON WHY RONALDO WON 3UCL IN REAL IS DUE TO THE WORLD CLASS PLAYERS THAT SURROUND HIM(marcelo,ramos ,varane,cavajan ,isco,modric ,kroos,bale ,casmero,benzema etc)UNLIKE MESSI THAT HAS FLOPS ARND HIM
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Kingsley1000(m): 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2018
Eg mumutiti ,pique,alba ,paulinho, busquet, denis suarez,gomes ,vidal etc and he stil manages to win laliga and copa derey with them
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Viking007(m): 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2018
[s]
Kingsley1000:
Mind you Ronaldo is portugal's striker...all these argentine players u mentioned are popular but not that talented even di maria is being benched in psg by draxler and mpabbe,likewise dybala, mascherano is a flop in china.can rojo be compared to pepe? portugal team are not popular but they are very good and organized.unlike argentine team...AM A MAN U FAN,I MUST TELL U WITHOUT BEING BAISED THAT MESSI IS BETTER THAN RONALDO BUT RONALDO IS A BETTER GOAL POUCHER
[/s]

Stop making noise.

Diego Maradona: “I hope one day a player & a leader like Cristiano Ronaldo will play for Argentina. What he's done for Portugal is brilliant.”

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 22, 2018
Kingsley1000:
Eg mumutiti ,pique,alba ,paulinho, busquet, denis suarez,gomes ,vidal etc and he stil manages to win laliga and copa derey with them

Inesta is flop ,that means modric better am right?
Alba is flop
Coutihno is flop
Bouquet is flop
Umtiti is flop
Rakitic is flop
Dembele na flop
Paulinho wey Barça fans dey compare am with Ronaldo for start of season is also flop

Yet hin remain small
Dem 4 carry LA liga unbeaten
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by princeemmma(m): 12:19pm On Jun 22, 2018
Kingsley1000:
you never mentioned the time when he has puyol, alves, alcantara, xavi, iniesta, alexis, fabregas, villa, pedro, neymar, rafinha, afellay and others (2013)almost all those players you mentioned are the new players for barca not all time players and they are not flop, they are all complete players
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Martinez19(m): 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2018
Kingsley1000:
RONALDO2013 BALON DOR WAS STOLEN FROM RIBBERY...MESSI HAS WON U17 WORLD CUP AND OLYMPICS...THE REASON WHY RONALDO WON 3UCL IN REAL IS DUE TO THE WORLD CLASS PLAYERS THAT SURROUND HIM(marcelo,ramos ,varane,cavajan ,isco,modric ,kroos,bale ,casmero,benzema etc)UNLIKE MESSI THAT HAS FLOPS ARND HIM
Does Messi know what it feels like to win the Champions league back to back to back? Does he? Ronaldo's balloon do'r in 2013 was deserved. If you think not, I can tell you Messi's 2010 balon do'r was stolen from Diego Milito whose performance was better than Ribery's 2013 performance. Argue with your cap.

It's now you guys are using the "surrounded by crappie team mates" excuse for Messi and forgetting that Messi's greatest and peak performances happened when he was in the midst of great players in their peak (David Villa, Xavi & Iniesta both were good dribblers and master passers, Puyol, Dani Alves, Pedro, Samuel Etoo in 2009, Henry in 2009 & 2010, Neymar, Suarez). Yet in those his peak performances, you guys hailed him as the best therefore I shall hail my Ronaldo. Even though Ronaldo was surrounded by good players, his goal scoring records were vital to Madrid's success without those records, Madrid would be nowhere. Through out the back to back to back, he alone came to the party to rescue his team mates eg. Against wolfsburg, Bayern, altectico, etc. when needed the most.

Back then when Ronaldo was underperforming and we were saying that he was surrounded by average players whereas Messi was surrounded by great players, did you people listen? Abegi Park well. Ororo is the G.O.A.T

2 Likes

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Haryourmieykhun(m): 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2018
princeemmma:
you never mentioned the time when he has puyol, alves, alcantara, xavi, iniesta, alexis, fabregas, villa, pedro, neymar, rafinha, afellay and others (2013)almost all those players you mentioned are the new players for barca not all time players and they are not flop, they are all complete players
Dont mind him jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Martinez19(m): 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2018
Haryourmieykhun:
Dont mind him jare
he is a biased Messi zombie.
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Haryourmieykhun(m): 12:48pm On Jun 22, 2018
princeemmma:

he is a biased Messi zombie.

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Sanchez01: 3:08pm On Jun 22, 2018
Cadec007:
bros you sef! So you want to compare carrasco with rebic....... Lukaku with mandzukic......... Hazard with perisic........ Rakitic with KDB? bros that is absurd na! Belgium is 50x better na.......... Anyways I was talking about Argentina
The argument is the midfield.

Besides, how on God's earth would you compare Lukaku to Mandzukic? Who does that
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 22, 2018
We won't talk about it.. Its the goat

1 Share

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Cadec007(m): 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2018
Sanchez01:

The argument is the midfield.

Besides, how on God's earth would you compare Lukaku to Mandzukic? Who does that
lol..........
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by jtwest(m): 4:03pm On Jun 22, 2018
ovokate:

For the prayer and fasting now cheesy
@ovokate we have started o shocked
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by drunkpunk(m): 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2018
Kendrick80:

The super eagles of Nigeria are not gonna qualify from the group stage

you say?
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by ovokate(f): 6:10pm On Jun 22, 2018
jtwest:

@ovokate we have started o shocked
Yeeessss! We did it!!! I just had to leave everything and focus on the match and super eagles soared! Moses needs to stop all his sluggish movement and I must say that tyronne is a very good addition to the team, musa outstanding and Mikel didn't disappoint this time. Did you notice his last minute injury grin that second half was fun to watch.. Argentina is next
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by MusicSots: 6:12pm On Jun 22, 2018
MusicSots:
Have you guys seen why I didn't blame super Eagles players but the coach tactics that doesn't make us score? Croatia couldn't score us on open play but got three of it from Argentina. #WithSuperEaglesIStand

When we talk football some kids need to keep quiet and listen. Up Super Eagles!!!
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 22, 2018
Remsilla:

Lol.. Leave me oo. My heart is still doing me somehow. grin

Hope your heart dey sweet you now. ICELAND AINT TOO COLD TO HOLD AFTERALL. Nigeria was able to squeeze out 2 goals. grin
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by wildkat: 6:35pm On Jun 22, 2018
kapelvej:
Orororooooooooooo CR7

Correct!
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by wildkat: 6:36pm On Jun 22, 2018
Daeylar:

cheesy cheesy

So let's just hope for a draw from Iceland. If not we lose today, I have no hope of Nigeria beating Iceland at all.

The hope is finally here baby. We did it. The eagles soared
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Remsilla(m): 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2018
WORDWORLD:

Hope your heart dey sweet you now. ICELAND AINT TOO COLD TO HOLD AFTERALL. Nigeria was able to squeeze out 2 goals out. grin
i swear, Over sweetness dey worry my heart now. grin

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Daeylar(f): 6:44pm On Jun 22, 2018
wildkat:

The hope is finally here baby. We did it. The eagles soared

I didn't even have hope we would win, I was hoping on a draw, but mehn, Nigeria blew me away, got themselves together and made me proud. kiss see screaming and running around grin

Musa, the goalkeeper and moses, GOATs kiss
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Kendrick80(m): 6:45pm On Jun 22, 2018
drunkpunk:

you say?
Fuxk u...I take it back tho grin
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by wildkat: 6:49pm On Jun 22, 2018
Daeylar:

I didn't even have hope we would win, I was hoping on a draw, but mehn, Nigeria blew me away, got themselves together and made me proud. kiss see screaming and running around grin

Musa, the goalkeeper and moses, GOATs kiss

I even broke my centre table out of madness and joy. Got to replace it by tomorrow.
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Daeylar(f): 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2018
wildkat:

I even broke my centre table out of madness and joy. Got to replace it by tomorrow.

grin grin grin grin

This is very serious grin
next time don't give your village people chance, I'm sure they were behind this grin
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by wildkat: 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2018
Daeylar:

grin grin grin grin

This is very serious grin
next time don't give your village people chance, I'm sure they were behind this grin

Looool. You're the funniest lady here on this thread

1 Like

Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Daeylar(f): 7:10pm On Jun 22, 2018
wildkat:

Looool. You're the funniest lady here on this thread
Thanks cheesy
Re: Argentina Vs Croatia: World Cup (0 - 3) - On 21st June 2018 by Diamondville(f): 7:22pm On Jun 22, 2018
Vizzy4u:
i stand to be corrected. Il n'a pas fini,jusqu'a la fin(its not finished til the end)
The end is near

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply)

Georgina Rodriguez Gifts Ronaldo Mercedes BRABUS Of N242m On His 35th Birthday / Braless Ghanaian Lady: I Have More 'Points' Than The Nigerian Football Team / List Of Telegram Fixed Match Scammers...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.