Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,941 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:51 AM

The Toxicity Of Negative Speech - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Toxicity Of Negative Speech (522 Views)

Seeds Of Destiny 4 April 2023 – Fear: The Root Cause Of Negative Occurrences / Why Nigerian Churches Abroad(mostly RCCG) are Epicenters For Drama And Toxicity. / Pope Francis Tests Negative For Coronavirus, Italy Report Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Toxicity Of Negative Speech by pressplay411(m): 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2018
This revelation came with a powerful spiritual warfare that even my pastor felt, because the enemy never wanted this message to get out. He never wanted you to hear this. But thank God we prevailed, the enemy lost both the battle and the war. And as always, Victory belongs to Jesus.
Hence do not take it lightly. This message will change your thinking, your mindset and your life.
The message was originally titled
Life And Spiritual Warfare Is All About Programming

I have been getting several revelations from it ever since, out of which are The Power of Positive Confessions by the Word (Prayers) and The Toxicity of Negative Speech.
I hope to continue this series as inspired and led by the Holyspirit.

What is a Program?
1. A set of structured activities.
2. A particular mindset or method of doing things.

What is Programming?
1. The designing, scheduling or planning of a radio or television program / programme.
2. Brain-washing
3. The software that controls a machine, or the logic expressed in such software; operating.

With these definitions, I hope we get to appreciate the significance of the words we program or we allow to be programmed into our minds- consciously, subconsciously and even unconsciously.

The Fundamental Truths:
1. Who Are You?
You're a triune being made up of 3 components. You're a Spirit with a Soul(Mind) living inside a Body. Your true self is your spirit being. Your body is your suit/vessel that enables you to inhabit earth for the duration of the appointed time you're meant to fulfill God's purpose for your life. And You have a soul that acts as the intermediary between your spirit and your body being.

2. John.3.16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

3. God is Spirit, and all who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. John 4:24
The Day you're Born Again marks the day your spirit is re-born, to be reunited with God, the Holyspirit, helping, convicting and guiding you into all truths. Ezekiel 36:26

KEY VERSE
To stress and buttress this, let us hear and see what the bible says.
Rom.12.2 - And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

As long as we're alive, the world i.e government, everyone around us and every thing we listen to or watch, is trying to conform us, trying to program us to do things in a certain way.
We have been programmed with certain sets of ideals, rules, philosophies, religious doctrines, etc. Our parents have brought us up with their own ideals, our schools have done the same. Our siblings and friends. Our colleagues, our partners (boyfriend, girlfriend, spouse) and even our society with its cultural values.
Just when you thought that's all. The media comprising of the Press, TVs, Movies, Novels, social media, etc have constantly been programming us for years ever since we could hear and see.

So I guess the ultimate question is, What Has Been Programmed Into You?
You wonder why a Tout or Miscreant (Agbero) is so violent and uncouth. You wonder why he acts the way he does, speaks the way he does with little or no regard of who watches or whose ox is gored. You might have even imagined yourself in his shoes and it just doesn't fit. You can't just imagine the imagination even if you tried. The thought alone is cringe-worthy.
But the truth is, he was once as normal (relatively) as you and I. The difference is life programmed him at some phase in his existence and he has been brainwashed to believe that is the only way to survive, to be feared, brash and violent in order to make his ends meet. Truth is, it could happen to any one, just thank God that's not your situation. Now, the question is, What is Your Own Situation?

Now my point is, our composite nature, character, attitude and personality are a sum total of What we Hear, Say and Think over the years.

In the same vein, you are also "the world" to another person. So ask yourself, what have you been programming into other people's lives?
Are you the type that always makes jokes of people's sutuations? Do your words build others up or tear people down? Are you so envious of your friends and siblings that you will say anything to be a wet blanket in their lives never allowing them to reach for their dreams, always picking faults instead of words of encouragement.
And oh please by all means refrain from online bashing all in the name of attention, likes and shares. It's a spirit that has overtaken and now rules the social media.

The attention might be gratifying for a short while, but the damage you may have programmed into another's mind might be one that could ruin their mood for the rest of the day or even worse.

They say Suicide rate is on the rise, yet we wonder why? There is so much negative programming everywhere. So many people are losing hope in their tomorrow. You turn on the TV- bad news, you get a BCM on your Whatsapp-terrible news. Everywhere you turn people are peddling negative speech. If you keep accepting such programs into your mind and you do not have The Word to rebuke them, they become your reality. They shape you thinking and ultimately that's how some people lose hope and believe it can never get better and end up doing something rather stupid.
Yes,I have found myself in such position countless times. I had been a suicide risk because I had accepted the negative programming of my society and the world, I had believed the rest of my life would be all about struggles and terrible social habits and the thought scared me. I felt I had missed my opportunities to be successful at certain age limits set by employers and society. I would have ended it all save for the thought of my sweet mom and the effect my death would have on her. But really it was Grace just protecting and preserving me for Purpose. Grace eventually found me and I can't believe in just a year how much Re-programming the Word (Bible) has done to my mind (my soul). I can't believe I ever felt so sad, so depressed, so hopeless, as blessed as I was even then.

So many of us are still suffering from the negative speech we were told since Primary school or secondary school by our Teachers or fellow pupils/students. Harsh words that have kept us grounded in life, thinking we're failures and would never amount to anything or feel awkward and inadequate in certain situations. .
Some have been victimised by their friends or relationships. Some relationships are so toxic, the kinds of words, curses and traumatic experience people have been through broke them so much that they could never trust or love anyone like they ever used to.
A recent example is the case of CeeC and Tobi in the last concluded Big Brother show. Imagine the words she said to him. Now imagine living with such negative speech every time imprinted into your mind for the rest of your life? I just hope and pray Tobi rebuked them and I also pray she finds salvation.

Please be very cautious of the things you say to others and what you allow into your mind, Even music. Recently there's a music with a chorus "O ma ni problem o" by Reminisce. You might think it's funny or inconsequential but I don't believe You or even He want to have problem. Yet that is the song someome would hear every morning when they wake up and every night before they sleep. Why won't their lives be full of problems?

Now the only solution is to keep your speech positive and flood your mind with positive messages. The word of God is full of so much blessings and positive declarations for your spirit, soul and body.
Gospel and inspirational songs actually prophesy into your life, words that break down barriers, cast down strongholds and evil imaginations and arguments.

2 Corinthians 10: 3-5 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

I used to hate gospel songs, they were not only boring to me but I just couldn't believe anyone could believe the words and lyrics in them. That was when I was so lost, I mean as an atheist you can only imagine how disconnected I was.
I have ended a relationship just because she didn't respond to a sexual song the way I responded to it. I felt if we didn't vibe musically, we were simply incompatible. (It was that bad) You have to understand my life was music. Like MIMS, Music was my saviour. Or so I thought. Now I know better. Only Christ can save. (And don't worry about her, she's married with kids now.lol)

Today, you cannot find any secular music on my phone. Only gospel music and messages. And the joy and pleasure I derive when I listen to these songs goes beyond what any secular music could ever offer me.

I still listen to secular music around but when it comes to feeding my spirit, soul and body, I will rather play and listen to Positive speech through Audio Bible, messages or gospel music.

Is it not interesting that we pay so much attention to what we feed our body with? We are careful of the things we eat because we know its effect. The things we eat will either make us fresh or make us obese or even give us infection. How much more the things we feed our spirit and soul? Imagine the effect.

Now this is what Jesus, God the Son, says about our speech.

Mark 7:14-16 When He had called all the multitude to Himself, He said to them, “Hear Me, everyone, and understand: There is nothing that enters a man from outside which can defile him; but the things which come out of him, those are the things that defile a man. If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!”

I hope you get this and not brush it off as another article.
You should know that the Greatest battle in heaven and on earth, is the battle for the human soul/mind- for your soul and mine. Whoever controls your soul controls your spirit, Controls You.

Prov.4. 23- 24 Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life.
Put away from you a deceitful mouth, And put perverse lips far from you.

Peace and Grace unto us all in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Toxicity Of Negative Speech by pressplay411(m): 7:14am On Jun 28, 2018
LePrezident, bloodofthelamb, ScienceWatch

This is my most profound write-up yet. And it came with much challenges but please, enjoy and share where possible. Thanks
Re: The Toxicity Of Negative Speech by bloodofthelamb(m): 12:14pm On Jun 28, 2018
pressplay411:

This is my most profound write-up yet. And it came with much challenges but please, enjoy and share where possible. Thanks

Excellent write up!!!. You spilled notthing but the truth. You know, I went through your former threads which was worldly centered and I can testify of the great work which God has done with you.

All glory to God now and forever. Amen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Toxicity Of Negative Speech by pressplay411(m): 12:52pm On Jun 28, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Excellent write up!!!. You spilled notthing but the truth. You know, I went through your former threads which was worldly centered and I can testify of the great work which God has done with you.

Lool thanks sir. That means a lot.
May He continue to transform us into the image and Glory of Christ in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: The Toxicity Of Negative Speech by bloodofthelamb(m): 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2018
pressplay411:

Lool thanks sir. That means a lot.
May He continue to transform us into the image and Glory of Christ in Jesus name. Amen.

Amen bro.

The beautiful thing is God is more eager for our transformation than we are. All He is asking us to do is to stay our hearts on Him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Toxicity Of Negative Speech by pressplay411(m): 3:57pm On Jun 28, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Amen bro.

The beautiful thing is God is more eager for our transformation than we are. All He is asking us to do is to stay our hearts on Him.

If people knew what that this means. The kingdom of God will indeed be suffering a violent taking by now.
Just a glimpse is all we need.
Re: The Toxicity Of Negative Speech by ScienceWatch: 1:01am On Jun 29, 2018
pressplay411:

The OP is very inspiring.
Many thanks for sharing. I agree sir, very profound.

1 Like

Re: The Toxicity Of Negative Speech by pressplay411(m): 2:43am On Jun 29, 2018
ScienceWatch:
The OP is very inspiring.
Many thanks for sharing. I agree sir, very profound.

Thank you sir. This means a lot.

1 Like

Re: The Toxicity Of Negative Speech by ScienceWatch: 1:03pm On Jun 29, 2018
bloodofthelamb:

Beautifully said Bloodofthelamb. No amount of secular motivational speeches can bring about the incredible changes you observe in Pressplay414. It is only his deep acceptance of what the almighty Jesus said about himself.

He said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father but through me."

The evidence of this shocking statement is easy for sincere TRUTH seekers to find.

But atheist dogs always return to eat it's own vomit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Toxicity Of Negative Speech by pressplay411(m): 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2018
ScienceWatch:
Beautifully said Bloodofthelamb. No amount of secular motivational speeches can bring about the incredible changes you observe in Pressplay414. It is only his deep acceptance of what the almighty Jesus said about himself.

He said, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father but through me."

The evidence of this shocking statement is easy for sincere TRUTH seekers to find.

But atheist dogs always return to eat it's own vomit.

Thanks bro. May God's grace be abundant and sufficient for us all in Jesus name. Amen.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Identical Twin Brothers Ordained Catholic Priests In Anambra (photos) / Campaign Posters Of Rev. King Flood The Streets Ahead Of 2019 Election. Photos / I Saw Them In Hell, They Explained Why They Ended Up In Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.