Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,816 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:47 AM

I Left Church Vigil To Burgle House –suspect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Left Church Vigil To Burgle House –suspect (502 Views)

Gunmen Kidnap Three Worshippers During Church Vigil In Ogun / N50k For Anyone Who Can Get This Criminal Who Uses Charm To Burgle Cars In Warri / Moment A Man Scaled A Barbed Wire Fence To Burgle A House At Magodo, Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Left Church Vigil To Burgle House –suspect by Letenwam: 6:08am On Jun 22, 2018
The Oyo State Police command have arrested a robbery suspect, Yemi Lawa, who claimed he attended a church vigil in the Alakia area of Ibadan, Oyo State, but left soon after the programme began to burgle a house.

The robbery suspect who was paraded alongside 23 others at the state command headquarters in the Eleyele area of Ibadan on Thursday,  by the Oyo State Commissioner of Police, Abiodun Odude was accused of  entering the house through the bathroom and stealing stole laptops, mobile phones, documents and Automated Teller Machine cards.

“About 10pm on June 6, 2018, Lawa, 25, broke into the residence of Ajayi Gbadebo in the Alakeia area of Ibadan through the bathroom and stole laptops, mobile telephones, ATM cards and vital documents.  Following a report lodged at the Egbeda Police Division, detectives swung into action and commenced discreet investigation. The diligent investigation led to the arrest of Lawa and recovery of all the stolen items" the police Commissioner said.

Confessing to the crime, the suspect said he was looking for food to eat when he broke into the house but ended up stealing the items recovered from him.

“I went in through the bathroom door and saw the laptops on the chair and took them. I knew that the house was always shut, so I went there at night. The church I attended is beside the house. I attended a church vigil, but left to rob the house.

“I was hungry, so my intention was to grab some food in the house and eat. I studied public administration and graduated from a polytechnic in 2014. I have since then been looking for a job without success" he said.

The State Police PRO Adekunle Ajisebutu, who also spoke to newsmen also noted that not all those who attended church vigils did so for religious reasons.

He said,  “Some robbers join the congregation to carry out unholy activities.”

https://lailasnews.com/i-left-church-vigil-to-burgle-house-suspect/

Lalasticlala

Re: I Left Church Vigil To Burgle House –suspect by hero01(m): 6:53am On Jun 22, 2018
wow
Re: I Left Church Vigil To Burgle House –suspect by Blackfire(m): 1:20pm On Jun 22, 2018
Name checkers will be here in ....
Re: I Left Church Vigil To Burgle House –suspect by JossyOloye(m): 7:09pm On Jun 22, 2018
Thank God you were caught �

(1) (Reply)

Man Kills Over 1000 Cats Sells Them to Hotels and Restaurants in Kenya (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Move Into Expensive Lagos Communities With Their Cows / See Photo Of Two Suspected Armed Robbers Killed By SARS During Shootout In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.