Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:17 PM

Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" (22613 Views)

Pascal Okechukwu (Cubana Chief Priest) Granted ₦10 Million Bail / Ruth Kadiri Slams Pascal Atuma: "I Am Not A Prostitute" / James Atuma: "Dark Slim Girls Are Good For House Help Not For Marriage" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by HomeOfMe(f): 6:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
Issafela:
Pascal Atuma, an actor and movie director, says one has to be “a prostitute or semi-prostitute” to be successful in the Nigerian movie industry.

Atuma said Nollywood is “controlled by pimps” and that upcoming actors and filmmakers should not be deceived by the glamorous lifestyles they see from the outside.

“If you are not a full time or semi-prostitute, you will not make it in Nollywood,” Atuma told TheCable Lifestyle. “Our ladies are using what they have to get what they want. Even some of the guys who can use their a** are the ones making it in Nollywood.

I am being very real here and they make it look as if they are doing well but they are not, they are suffering. Let’s stop deceiving the younger ones by keeping it real. We have to let the younger ones know how it is and what it is.”

The director of ‘My American Nurse’ dared anyone to challenge him on his comment, saying he’s ready to debate a contrary opinion. He said: “Pascal Atuma is my name and I am saying it the way it is and that’s the truth.

“If you want to challenge me on this, please come and do it on any national television in Nigeria or anywhere. I am even ready to pay for the challenge.

The biggest boys in the industry know that I am saying the truth. I am saying the truth and there’s nothing anyone of them can do to affect my career, they can’t employ me.”

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2018/06/you-cant-make-it-in-nollywood-if-youre-not-a-prostitute-pascal-atuma/

This man is based in the US. Hmm,might not be far from the truth.
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by khayce: 7:06pm On Jun 22, 2018
Try *Megascreen Data Service* For Your Next Data Subscription. _*lt's Cheap And Fast*_

Megascreen data service sells mobile data at an affordable rate across all networks plus *Awoof Weekend* for all our customers.

*Our Stable Price List*

*�MTN*
1G - 600
2G - 1200
3G - 1700
5G - 2700
10G - 5000
20G - 9900

*Validity: 90days*

*�Glo*
2G. - 950
4.5G - 1800
7.2G - 2300
8.7G - 2700
12.5G - 3600
15.6G - 4500
25G - 7200

*Validity: 30days*

*�9Mobile*
1G - 700
1.5G - 1000
2G - 1400
3G - 1900
5G - 3200

*�Airtel*
1.5G - 950
3.5G - 1900
5G - 2400
10G - 4850

*Payment Options Are Easy And Safe*

_Delivery Takes 5-10Mins Max_

*Our Quick Contact*

*Whatsapp*
https:///send?phone=2348063951701

*�Phone*: 08063951701

*Mega Screen Data Service| Surf For Less*

Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:13pm On Jun 22, 2018
sassysure:

U are looking for trouble cheesy

Not only actors but anybody that want to work in entertainment industry in nigeria.

The only good thing is if u are wise and use what u made to invest for the future cos it doesn't last forever.

All the money our politicians steal are for this kind of lifestyle. Some senators went to Russia for world cup and definitely babes will be there waiting for them already.
And we will be graced with pictures of them with naija jersey supporting super Eagles in Russia. Story.

Lol
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by adetes: 7:25pm On Jun 22, 2018
That's true, y most lady's end been single mother, that work is not a work o
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by Skmoda360(m): 7:31pm On Jun 22, 2018
He dished out the truth....
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by tollyboy5(m): 7:37pm On Jun 22, 2018
2019elections:
Who has rohr's number should pls tell him to bring in iwobi. There is no connection between the midfielders and the strikers. No creativity. Musa isn't the solution. He can't turn, he can't dribble. Pls abeg, make una tell am before my ticket cut.

Aye mi temi bami.

Special apology to Ahmed musa..
You're a life saver.

Like for musa
Share for messi
I been wan come 4 ya head
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by victorian(f): 8:02pm On Jun 22, 2018
He's saying the plain truth, Producers , directors even high placed actors all take turns with all these actresses , with politicians join.. No be today.

I was once approached to be an actress by a top producer , cause he says my looks and assets will sell like wildfire . First I was happy , I was approached by this man, I won't mention his name .He gave me his contacts and all. I went home every happy already dreaming of been a top upcoming actress . So I placed a call to one of my friends in Nollywood . this guy is well known ,dem Desmond set.

He said Victorian: You can't be an actress. You won't even last in the industry .
I replied why, with a sad voice ,my heart racing . He said I know you Vicky , u can't do what those top actressess do. You don't have the stamina and liver for it. And moreover the producer who gave u his contact , be ready to warm him bed . Infact you will become fresh food for them there . And can u delve into rituals to protect yourself from other rivals? Can you? I was like wow! :oo
He said : So forget it.
Just focus on your business and make it very successful, get married and focus on your life and family . Am just advising you as a big brother .

I say na wa ooooo

4 Likes

Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by mimimile93: 8:14pm On Jun 22, 2018
Issafela:
Pascal Atuma, an actor and movie director, says one has to be “a prostitute or semi-prostitute” to be successful in the Nigerian movie industry.

Atuma said Nollywood is “controlled by pimps” and that upcoming actors and filmmakers should not be deceived by the glamorous lifestyles they see from the outside.

“If you are not a full time or semi-prostitute, you will not make it in Nollywood,” Atuma told TheCable Lifestyle. “Our ladies are using what they have to get what they want. Even some of the guys who can use their a** are the ones making it in Nollywood.

I am being very real here and they make it look as if they are doing well but they are not, they are suffering. Let’s stop deceiving the younger ones by keeping it real. We have to let the younger ones know how it is and what it is.”

The director of ‘My American Nurse’ dared anyone to challenge him on his comment, saying he’s ready to debate a contrary opinion. He said: “Pascal Atuma is my name and I am saying it the way it is and that’s the truth.

“If you want to challenge me on this, please come and do it on any national television in Nigeria or anywhere. I am even ready to pay for the challenge.

The biggest boys in the industry know that I am saying the truth. I am saying the truth and there’s nothing anyone of them can do to affect my career, they can’t employ me.”

Source:
http://nairaplus.com/2018/06/you-cant-make-it-in-nollywood-if-youre-not-a-prostitute-pascal-atuma/

deepest truth!
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by mimimile93: 8:15pm On Jun 22, 2018
lucky999:
is he trying to say people in Nollywood are prostitute grin
yes the are!
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by kizyalex10(m): 8:18pm On Jun 22, 2018
Most actresses don dey run mouth cos d guy don bite them hard.but its d obvious.appearing in d screen is jst to make dem popular so that it will be easy to connect with d so called big boys nd politicians.come to think of it.i knw hw much some of them take nd hw often dey get jobs.yet d kind of lifestyle dey throw dont even justify d amount dey collect.u will see an actress who havent acted up to 50 moviea wey dey collect 400k.some re even owed.yet u see dem advertising houses in lekki nd 15 million nd above worth of cars tagging it hard work pays.mtcheeew.hard ass pays i guess.d few decent ones wey don dey act since.why dem never hammer or be in d lime light.chioma chukwuka akpotha.chidi iheaie dem.but u will see one daniella okeke with range rover nd a house in lekki.even endorsment na ashawo work get am for them.

1 Like

Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by gwama: 8:32pm On Jun 22, 2018
So you mean there are P D in Nollywood It's serious, that we jump on women, that's acceptable, but that we jump on men eh eh eh eh. I hope we did not do this on my two favorite actors, Kalu Ikeagwu and Nino Bolanle, otherwise I went to kill these fake producers angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by gwama: 8:46pm On Jun 22, 2018
Harvey Weinstein loading grin grin grin grin
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by Gerrard59(m): 10:08pm On Jun 22, 2018
musicwriter:
That's the truth in the entire entertainment industry, music, movie, etc, not just in Nigeria but in other climes like India and US. In fact, a major film producer, Harvey Weinstein, is currently facing charges in court for fukcing so many actresses. But there's nothing wrong using what you have to get what you want, as long as no crime committed.

That it's not a crime doesn't make it ethical. It's akin to a female student having sex with a lecturer for marks. Is it a crime? No, but unethical.

1 Like

Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by Seahawk: 10:18pm On Jun 22, 2018
So who’s fault is it even if it’s true?

The useless men who will never give anyone their due without demanding sex from them. That’s who.
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by tayozkc(m): 10:35pm On Jun 22, 2018
The challenge is on...

Start mentioning names if you are true.

Your time starts now!
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by ManBeast: 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2018
victorian:
He's saying the plain truth, Producers , directors even high placed actors all take turns with all these actresses , with politicians join.. No be today.

I was once approached to be an actress by a top producer , cause he says my looks and assets will sell like wildfire . First I was happy , I was approached by this man, I won't mention his name .He gave me his contacts and all. I went home every happy already dreaming of been a top upcoming actress . So I placed a call to one of my friends in Nollywood . this guy is well known ,dem Desmond set.

He said Victorian: You can't be an actress. You won't even last in the industry .
I replied why, with a sad voice ,my heart racing . He said I know you Vicky , u can't do what those top actressess do. You don't have the stamina and liver for it. And moreover the producer who gave u his contact , be ready to warm him bed . Infact you will become fresh food for them there . And can u delve into rituals to protect yourself from other rivals? Can you? I was like wow! :oo
Just focus on your business and make it very successful, get married and focus on your life and family . Am just advising you as a big brother .

I say na wa ooooo
Madam story teller, every comment u make must always come with a story.

Why
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by Pusyiter(m): 11:14pm On Jun 22, 2018
True talk dearie. The industry like Hollywood is messed up
victorian:

I say na wa ooooo
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by Pusyiter(m): 11:15pm On Jun 22, 2018
True talk dearie. The industry like Hollywood is messed up cry
victorian:

I say na wa ooooo
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by victorian(f): 11:37pm On Jun 22, 2018
Pusyiter:
True talk dearie. The industry like Hollywood is messed up

My dear it is o

In between u type Hollywood.. Na Nollywood. smiley
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by victorioushands: 12:00am On Jun 23, 2018
TheEminentLaity:
Obviously. anytime the men actors fall sick, it's national crowdfunding or death but the ladies own Bentleys and huge mansions. undecided

The richer a lady gets, if she had no rich background, being a woman in most cases is what brings her wealth. And, if she's beautiful and/or talented, then she's mostly digging gold with her body. Why do you think their marriages crash? It's now worse when men make some of them open talk shows and talk the way blacks slaves talked in their early freedom years. And sad people tend to believe them without due research. God help them!

1 Like

Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by KanwuliaExtra: 1:40am On Jun 23, 2018
sassysure:

U are looking for trouble cheesy

Not only actors but anybody that want to work in entertainment industry in nigeria.

The only good thing is if u are wise and use what u made to invest for the future cos it doesn't last forever.

All the money our politicians steal are for this kind of lifestyle. Some senators went to Russia for world cup and definitely babes will be there waiting for them already.
And we will be graced with pictures of them with naija jersey supporting super Eagles in Russia. Story.

Gbam!
Thank you jare! cheesy
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by KanwuliaExtra: 1:41am On Jun 23, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:
KanwuliaExtra

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

We still dey this “matter”? cheesy

You nor see say men dey use dem Mr IBU “assssh” dey “waka” for Nollywood?
Yes o! Oloshoism is real for both men and women ke! cheesy

Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by seguno2: 4:15am On Jun 23, 2018
Gerrard59:
That it's not a crime doesn't make it ethical. It's akin to a female student having sex with a lecturer for marks. Is it a crime? No, but unethical.

It must be a crime in most societies that are not shittyhole.
Ever heard of sexual harassment?
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:18am On Jun 23, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

We still dey this “matter”? cheesy

You nor see say men dey use dem Mr IBU “assssh” dey “waka” for Nollywood?
Yes o! Oloshoism is real for both men and women ke! cheesy

Yea, the young successful guys are into sth like that too. Or yahoo.
That's why I said you should soft pedal on that Aigbe thread.

But as for Ibu, Osuofia, they can't be included. They have acted in many movies and are highly priced.
Yoruba nollywood pays stipends.
Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by KanwuliaExtra: 6:27am On Jun 23, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Yea, the young successful guys are into sth like that too. Or yahoo.
That's why I said you should soft pedal on that Aigbe thread.

But as for Ibu, Osuofia, they can't be included. They have acted in many movies and are highly priced.
Yoruba nollywood pays stipends.

I repeat. Oloshoism can only get you so far.
You must still WORK HARD to succeed.
Olosho na only 10% of the ingredients to success o.
So why do people shout OLOSHO only?
That is my question. wink

1 Like

Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:40am On Jun 23, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

I repeat. Oloshoism can only get you so far.
You must still WORK HARD to succeed.
Olosho na only 10% of the ingredients to success o.
So why do people shout OLOSHO only?
That is my question. wink

Olosho will give you more roles esp when u do it with the people that matter in the industry and beyond.

Olosho gives super money too when you do it with very rich people like Apostle Suleiman .
How a D list, previously poor actress, go act two movies and come dey showcase car and house in two months ?
How much come be the overall film budget?

1 Like

Re: Pascal Atuma: "If You Are Not A Prostitute, You Can’t Make It In Nollywood" by KanwuliaExtra: 6:49am On Jun 23, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Olosho will give you more roles esp when u do it with the people that matter in the industry and beyond.

Olosho gives super money too when you do it with very rich people like Apostle Suleiman .
How a D list, previously poor actress, go act two movies and come dey showcase car and house in two months ?
How much come be the overall film budget?

You mean “investing”? wink
Women invest mainly in KIND, men invest mainly in cash! wink

You have to use “material resources” as “capital” for investment”?

All about demand and supply. If the MEN don’t demand, the WOMEN will not supply.

Without demand, no supply. Simple. kiss

You have to “spend something”! All na investment abi? wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Princess Onyejekwe Gorgeous In Bridal Photoshoot / Sidney Poitier Dead At 94 / MC Tagwaye Salutes Jack Rich On Birthday, Describes Him As Blessing To Mankind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.