Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,010 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Is There A New (LASTMA) Responsibility Such As Arresting For Seatbelt? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is There A New (LASTMA) Responsibility Such As Arresting For Seatbelt? (684 Views)

LASTMA Finds Wandering Girl Under Bridge / If Road Safety Catch You 4 Not Putting On Seatbelt Again Show Them This Picture / How LASTMA, Police Collude With NURTW And Touts To Extort Drivers In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There A New (LASTMA) Responsibility Such As Arresting For Seatbelt? by corbanstevee: 2:55pm On Jun 22, 2018
For three days consecutively this week I have witnessed an indiscriminate arrest of vehicles and vehicle takeover by officials of LASTMA in Lagos.

Vehicles are stopped even on the express like I witnessed yesterday evening around Alapere knowing fully well that the entrance to the bus stop is not accessible because of a truck that packed there. The danfo driver helped a passenger remove his seat belt hook for ease of disembarkation and in the process of doing this he unbuckled his belt...this is offense the offense and the bus was packed on the express for over 25mins.

I am not writing to shade the organization but I am asking for clarification on their job description if it is anything other than is listed below.

Responsibilities:Lagos State Traffic Management Authority

As copied from the website:[/i]
Responsibilities:Lagos State Traffic Management Authority,LASTMA
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

1. Control, Management and Regulation of traffic related matters within Lagos Metropolis

2. Public Education and Enlightenment of drivers and motorists on proper use of the highways

3. Traffic Safety and Accident Management

4. Conduct research on drivers’ behaviours and traffic safety

5. Install and maintain traffic control devices on the highways

6. Relate with other traffic management agencies

7. To develop a Culture of Regulation, control and management of traffic operations state wide;

8. To ensure hitch free traffic flow on Lagos road;

9. To develop the most efficient and effective means of bringing about safety improvement

10. Co-operate with bodies agencies or groups engaged in road safety activities or in the prevention of accidents on the highways;

11. Determine works and devices designed to improve traffic flow and advise the appropriate road works offices on the locations where such works and devices are required;

10. Identify, develop, promote and maintain new or alternative methods of traffic management and road safety.

Below are goals and vision of the establishment:[i]

Lagos State Traffic Management Authority
MISSION STATEMENT

To develop A Culture of Regulation, Control and Management of Traffic Operations State Wide: And to Ensure Hitch Free Traffic Flow on Lagos Roads.

VISION STATEMENT

To Reduce Deaths, Injuries and Economic Losses Through Road Traffic Accidents, Conflicts, Congestion and Delays On The Public Highways in Lagos State by Employing Modern Traffic Management Techniques To Inject Order And Control Into The Road Traffic System In The State.

GOAL

To Create Atmosphere for a sustainable social and economic growth by ensuring free traffic flow in the state.

Thus, if you have experience the above treatment, kindly recount your ordeal. Authorities, please enlighten us on the above to note misconstrue the few good officers who are doing well.[i][/i]

Thank you!!!
[/code]lastma
[code]
ekoonibaje

(1) (Reply)

Petrol Take On Fire On Otedola Bridge Lagos / Look At What A Man Posted On Facebook (photo) / My Breasts Are Too Heavy For Me – Busty Nigerian Woman Cries Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.