Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,541 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? (6931 Views)

Nigeria-Ghana Jollof War: See Troost-Ekong's Reaction To Super Eagles' Victory / Has Anyone Notice This In The Super Eagles Style Of Play??? / Slay Queen Shares Semi-nude Picture To Celebrate Super Eagles Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by bennynaza(m): 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2018
Instead of duly giving Nigeria their deserved praise for beating Iceland and giving themselves a shot at qualification, most foreign media outlets decided to make the super eagles victory all about Argentina.
Headlines like " musa shines to give Argentina hope" are on every foreign sports tabloid as opposed to "musa shines to give Nigeria hope".
That's how the commentator during Croatia vs Argentina kept assuming that Iceland would beat Nigeria.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by ClassRep001: 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2018
Oga shut up please.

Always trying to turn everything into a racial attack.

Wetn dem for talk before?
Nigeria beat Iceland and going to win the world cup? Or what the Bleep do you want?

Inferiority complex and low self esteem dey worry Blacks.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by Lomprico2: 9:39pm On Jun 22, 2018
ClassRep001:
Oga shut up please.

Always think to turn everything into a racial attack.

Nigeria beat Iceland and going to win the world cup? Or what the Bleep do you want?

What wrong did d op do? angry

74 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by mrkhaynoni: 9:42pm On Jun 22, 2018
bennynaza:
Instead of duly giving Nigeria their deserved praise for beating Iceland and giving themselves a shot at qualification, most foreign media outlets decided to make the super eagles victory all about Argentina.
Headlines like " musa shines to give Argentina hope" are on every foreign sports tabloid as opposed to "musa shines to give Nigeria hope".
That's how the commentator during Croatia vs Argentina kept assuming that Iceland
would beat Nigeria.

I noticed this too especially on Goal.com and I was both furious and very disappointed. Waoh! What bias!!

50 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by bennynaza(m): 9:55pm On Jun 22, 2018
ClassRep001:
Oga shut up please.

No need to argue with you. You just dont have enough reasoning capacity to understand.

Intelligence is what you lack.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by ClassRep001: 10:03pm On Jun 22, 2018
bennynaza:

No need to argue with you. You just dont have enough reasoning capacity to understand.

Bleep off please.

Just trying to turn everything into a racial war.

Even teams who have won they both matches ain't making any fuse about any shit.

You win today ena wan turn am to racism, alway trying to play the victim card.

Please, take a seat and be positive for once.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by chinchum(m): 10:12pm On Jun 22, 2018
ClassRep001:
Oga shut up please.

You are the one suffering from what the op accused the western media of.

I have also observed that trend, it is so repulsive. Was Argentina exceptional in qualification to the tournament ? NO Was Argentina any special in the tournament so far ? No Did Argentina beat Nigeria at the last game in a friendly in November? No.. Any sane analyst will thread carefully and not make annoying blank statements.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by ClassRep001: 10:15pm On Jun 22, 2018
chinchum:
You are the one suffering from what the op accused the western media of.

I have also observed that trend, it is so repulsive. Was Argentina exceptional in qualification to the tournament ? NO Was Argentina any special in the tournament so far ? No Did Argentina beat Nigeria at the last game in a friendly in November? No.. Any sane analyst will thread carefully and not make annoying blank statements.
Kk
Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by franktolk(m): 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2018
bennynaza:
That's how the commentator during Croatia vs Argentina kept assuming that Iceland would beat Nigeria.

Don't mind them , God pass them . They don't expect any good from us , that's why it always pain me when I see Nigerians talking rubbish about ourselves outside , Buhari inclusive.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by Ever8054: 10:25pm On Jun 22, 2018
that headline should be a motivating factor for the super eagles to beat Argentina like say Argentina and messi thief Ahmed Musa phone....

10 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by ubongoton(m): 10:29pm On Jun 22, 2018
ClassRep001:
Oga shut up please.

Big boy shout up, how can we be wining to give them hope

7 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by victrick105: 10:34pm On Jun 22, 2018
I noticed it... those analyst are mad, both the Argentine fans asking Nigeria to beat Croatia are mad, they performed woefully against Iceland and Croatia and they think they can use Nigeria to shine... this is enough reason for the eagles to be motivated and disgrace Argentina on Tuesday, the insult is becoming too much, who do they think they are, who is Messi, was he not present when they were trashed by Croatia and drew against Iceland... even when we trashed them in the friendly, they still said it was because Messi never played, I don't know whats all of a sudden giving them the confidence... but I pray Nigeria shuts there mouth on Tuesday, so that all this useless talks of Argentina winning the world cup will come to an end.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by footballflaver: 11:36pm On Jun 22, 2018
why the hate ?
Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by ednut1(m): 11:47pm On Jun 22, 2018
bennynaza:
does d foreign media/ pple care about nigeria media No. So y care about what foreign media said . When zambia beat cameron during qualifiers which credit did we gv dem

2 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by kongolo(m): 11:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
bennynaza:
Instead of duly giving Nigeria their deserved praise for beating Iceland and giving themselves a shot at qualification, most foreign media outlets decided to make the super eagles victory all about Argentina
They think Argentina will win us grin because of that "favourites" and "big names" tag eventhough they all know Argentina is one of the worst teams at the tournament.Lets not forget they also said Nigeria wouldn't beat Iceland and Senegal wouldn't beat Poland.Argentina should prepare for more heartbreak because they aren't even going to last beyond the first round at this mundial.More tears for their supporters loadinggrin

6 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by redsun(m): 12:21am On Jun 23, 2018
That is when you senseless niggers fight over their football clubs and leagues,sensible niggers do feel like whipping your asses off with koboko. They don't think snything of you than just numbers to make up the statistics. And you never seems to prove them wrong like the gallant team just did today.

1 Like

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by blazer2018: 12:38am On Jun 23, 2018
Even sky sports..."Messi's Argentina now have hope of progressing as Iceland lose to Nigeria...imagine dat... undecided

4 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by maclatunji: 1:46am On Jun 23, 2018
bennynaza:

I noticed. The Argentina vs Croatia commentator is pathetic. What will he say in his next match?

10 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by weyreypey: 4:04am On Jun 23, 2018
bennynaza:

Haba.... what happened?
Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by OCTAVO: 4:57am On Jun 23, 2018
They are simply trying to demoralise Eagles, by creating cheap fear in them so that they won't be courageous enough to play to their full capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by Nobody: 5:57am On Jun 23, 2018
I swear 5-0 in favour of naija would shut all of them up for good. Two goals from musa, two from Iwobi and one from Victor Moses or Leon Balogun. Useless mad people, all of them. What are they feeling like? We need to bend them over and rapè them in the ass till their ass bleeds. Nothing less than five or four goals would suffice. I want their defeat to be so shameful that they’d all literally burst out into tears on the game day.
victrick105:
I noticed it... those analyst are mad, both the Argentine fans asking Nigeria to beat Croatia are mad, they performed woefully against Iceland and Croatia and they think they can use Nigeria to shine... this is enough reason for the eagles to be motivated and disgrace Argentina on Tuesday, the insult is becoming too much, who do they think they are, who is Messi, was he not present when they were trashed by Croatia and drew against Iceland... even when we trashed them in the friendly, they still said it was because Messi never played, I don't know whats all of a sudden giving them the confidence... but I pray Nigeria shuts there mouth on Tuesday, so that all this useless talks of Argentina winning the world cup will come to an end.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by ybalogs(m): 5:58am On Jun 23, 2018
bennynaza:

I swear

3 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by ybalogs(m): 6:00am On Jun 23, 2018
The bias is just too pronounced but that shouldn't deter us and in fact it should spur us to deal with them. I pray we carry the day yet again. Proudly Nigerian.

3 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by ybalogs(m): 6:01am On Jun 23, 2018
They may have Messi, we also have Musa...
Like for Musa
Share for Messi.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by Nuges11(m): 6:20am On Jun 23, 2018
The commentator just couldn't hide his bias, all his analysis was about Iceland beating Nigeria, even after 80mins he was still talking about Iceland getting back into the game. The one I find interesting the most was when he said Nigeria will only win at fashion at the beginning of the first half, then repeated it again at the beginning of the second half just in case you missed it the first time. It all made the victory sweeter anyway.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 23, 2018
bennynaza:

Thanks for sharing your observation

Frankly it takes an ALERT mind to pick up on that.

I guess that's a warning for us to be wary of how we swallow any "news" from supposedly "objective" sources.

Thanks again

7 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by Nobody: 6:47am On Jun 23, 2018
Nuges11:
The commentator just couldn't hide his bias, all his analysis was about Iceland beating Nigeria, even after 80mins he was still talking about Iceland getting back into the game. The one I find interesting the most was when he said Nigeria will only win at fashion at the beginning of the first half, then repeated it again at the beginning of the second half just in case you missed it the first time. It all made the victory sweeter anyway.

Verily

I wasn't even listening to the commentary; my attention was switching between the game and the clock...

1 Like

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 23, 2018
blazer2018:
Even sky sports..."Messi's Argentina now have hope of progressing as Iceland lose to Nigeria...imagine dat... undecided

Seriously?

Just negodu...

1 Like

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by laribarri: 7:01am On Jun 23, 2018
ClassRep001:
Oga shut up please.

I don't know where you reside oo but if you are watching via BBC or ITV then you will understand what the op is trying to say. Those people say we can't win and when you win, they switch the attention.

This is almost same thing my brother complains about when we get to talk after each Nigerian match. Despite being in England for years, m brother always wish England gets knocked out becos of how mouthy their pundits are.

Those guys don't fancy us to achieve anything and are bias. Before each match, we already get slaughtered maybe because our opponents thus far have been European teams (Croatia & iceland) and the pundits who are of course brits take their side but that is not being professional if you have to come on TV to analyze a game. You must speak on both sides (strength & weakness) without clearly being biased.

I learnt Roy Keane and Lee Dixon (Arsenal legend) finished Nigeria during the Croatia game. According to my brother, since we lost to England they have written us off for the world cup. During their match day analysis for Nigeria vs Croatia, one of them rubbed it in that if England meet Nigeria in another round that they will go through. Where does England come in?

Anyways, the guys in the studios for Nigeria vs iceland were jenas, Danny Murphy and Didier Drogba. According to my bro, those guys finished Nigeria at the break and said iceland would win, only Drogba was trying to defend Nigeria there in the studio.

After 90mins, my bro called me again and was so so happy.

My bro said and I quote......

"we did it, up 9ija, what nonsese!"

"We made Drogba proud, these guys just dey talk rubbish for studio"

"I'm so happy we made Drogba proud, these white guys just wan mess Drogba up in the studio but in the end Drogba as so so happy"

What nonsense!!

Those were his words and he said it with so much passion and anger, meanwhile me just dey smile. However, he said in the end those pundits have no choice than to shamefully give Nigeria Credit.

Well, it was a battle of white and black there which was why an African in Drogba came to represent us or speak from an African point of view. On super sport okocha always support Nigeria so it's normal if those guys in bbc/itv support white teams but don't rubbish their opponents to the point that the viewers will start to think you are biased becos every team has a chance.

Do you know the names of their pundits?

Danny murphy
Jenas
Klinsman
Roy keane
Lee dixon
Frank lampard
Didi Drogba (the only African)
Pablo zabaleta
Rio ferdinand
Gary lineker

Any of them could have paired

13 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by gerrardomendes(m): 8:15am On Jun 23, 2018
This is why I dislike goal.com. From their write ups you can know who they hate and who they support. They are pro Messi and anti Ronaldo

3 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by Humchi(m): 8:18am On Jun 23, 2018
I thought i was the only one that noticed that especially in goal.com's facebook page.

Those whites and some stupid african brothers most especially ugandans were not happy that we won..

Even before the match, i saw some africans (the haters) bashing Nigeria super Eagles, saying all manner of rubbish about Nlgeria not winning..

In the midst of my jubilation that nigeria won, I got irritated when an african fool possible from uganda said we win out of luck that we are going to be whipped by argentina..

Even the foreign page was post stuff if argentina can win us, we made it easy for argent...... Bla bla bla

the comment section was worst..

No body seems to be praising nigeria except Nigerians, majority of africans there, and few neutral whites..

Others who posed as majority were not happy with Nigeria..

I am messi fan .. I am only his fan at club level.. But in situation like world cup, i am a sore hater..

Because how whites are treating us, i would not be supporting any european club again.. I would watch their match but support would be in my pocket..

7 Likes

Re: Did Anyone Notice The Bias Of The Foreign Media Regarding Super Eagles Victory? by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 23, 2018
This is one of the reasons I hate it when some Nigerians curse our national teams, when in the real sense they needed our prayers and support. If we don't treat ours right, who will?
Imagine most Nigerians' posts before the match against Iceland, it was mostly full of curse just because we lost the opening game.
To me, it shouldn't be that way... We should do more of technical critics and make them see where they need improvements, other than verbal curses.
Let's support what is ours even when the world is against us... We shall always amaze them with our victory!
And the guy talking rubbish over there about inferiority complex/low self-esteem... You know nothing!

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Players Officials And Coaches Cover Their Mouth When Talking On D Pitch / This Is Lionel Messi’s Salary In A Month Converted To Naira. / Is Ilot BET A Legal/trusted Betting Site For Sports Bettors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.