Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera (3467 Views)

2 Ladies In Trouble For Beating Up And Stabbing Loverboy / Okada Riders Raze Students Hostel In Gwagwalada / Trader Arraigned For Allegedly Beating Up Policeman In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by tellmemore(m): 10:09am On Mar 23, 2007
Soldiers ones in a while go on rampage, beating up okada riders for reasons best known to them. I decided to catch on camera live. I hope the politicians get to correct such behavior.

http://2twist..com/2007/03/soldiers-beating-up-okada-riders.html
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by FACE(m): 1:19pm On Mar 23, 2007
What a shame. Someone may ask why do people allow themselves to be bullied by soldiers and police. The answer is simple. They soldiers and police have guns and do not hesitate to use them. Some of them are not different from armed robbers. I know Nigerians who have lost their lives because they argued with soldiers and police men.

I now chide myself in retrospect for all the times I stood toe to toe with them, but it is not easy to waive your fundermental human rights just because you are dealing with an armed law enforcer.

I can understand not being able to argue with an armed robber as his position is very clear, "your property or your life". An armed robber is his own law, but you should be to tell the police or soldier that you are not parting with your money and not expect any brutality as a result of your position.

Dude, you were lucky to have completed your filming successfully. Last December, someone on holiday in Nigeria from the States was shot dead by the police for attempting to video them over an "egunje" arguement.
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by tellmemore(m): 1:54pm On Mar 24, 2007
I know it was risky but all the same someone has to show it. If this is my own contribution to causing a change in the NIGERIAN system it's fair enough.
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by Mamajama(m): 11:55pm On Mar 26, 2007
This is inhumane i will look at the Nigerian army website and forward this to the provost marshall for action, this should be published in a national news paper
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by abdkabir(m): 1:53am On Mar 27, 2007
Attention MAMAJAMA!
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by Nobody: 2:52am On Mar 27, 2007
no one deserves a beating for nothing
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by spoilt(f): 8:08am On Mar 27, 2007
crying shame. people who are just trying to earn a living. its amazing how power intoxicates undecided
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by adconline(m): 8:09am On Mar 27, 2007
this should be forwarded to CNN or BBC
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by 9ja4eva: 8:13am On Mar 27, 2007
Na wa oh.Soldiers no get respect for demselves?
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by purpleh(m): 8:41am On Mar 27, 2007
Tellmemore,

Nice one.
Hope the appropriate quarters get to see this. This is a shameful and Barbaric act.
Hope you don't mind if I send this round fellow friends and colleagues?
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by tellmemore(m): 8:55am On Mar 27, 2007
purpleh:

Tellmemore,

Nice one.
Hope the appropriate quarters get to see this. This is a shameful and Barbaric act.
Hope you don't mind if I send this round fellow friends and colleagues?
Thanks. No probs you can send the link to the blog. I would have be happier if it was the police I caught on camera.
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by 9ja4eva: 8:59am On Mar 27, 2007
Lmao.Police officers no get shame so i wldnt be suprised.
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by Jokotola: 10:42am On Mar 27, 2007
We need to fight for our right. This is getting too much undecided cry
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by PeeDaVinci: 10:47am On Mar 27, 2007
Come to think of it, though it is ridiculous and inhumane for any soldier to do that, i can bet it with you that some okada riders deserve more than that given the level of "atrocities" they commit, by "atrocities", i mean violence, and constant violation of traffic rules that has led to loss off lives and time(in terms of time spent in traffic hold up) in lagos state, and 9ja is not UK where there is speedy trial of such cases, jungle trial will continue
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by Miketomi: 11:15am On Mar 27, 2007
Just seeing the picture, I guess it must be in warri. The label actually confirms that.
Generally in Nigerdelta here, lawlessness is the order of the day. From the agberos (street urchins), to the Militants, even the citizens are something else.
Just get down to Warri, and you will understand better. The posted video is a common scenario in Warri.
Something just have to be done to correct this abysmal.
@tellmemore, thanks for exposing this ignoble act to whole world. I salut eyour courage.
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by Fiyin007: 12:18pm On Mar 27, 2007
Nice work tellmemore. They say a picture speaks a thousand words but your video speaks a million.
This should be a wake up call to the government. How long will people be victimised by those supposed to protect them? an end must be put to this.
Wished your camera had optical zoom and a higher resolution so that those involved could be prosecuted.
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by Nobody: 12:47pm On Mar 27, 2007
Gentlemen/Ladies,

The police/soldeirs tragedy, in mine opinion is the tragedy of the Nigerian nation. Let us not just narrow our blame to them, but extend our search light to the system that produced them. What we saw in that video is a reflection of what Nigeria system is like. Even if those Okada men are killed, the worst is that the army personnel involved will be transfered. No prosecution, no punishment.

Reason: the only way to keep Nigerians as slaves by the task masters (both within and without) is to use inmidation through, voilence and murder against the innocent populace.

If we are really thinking of having a change, that change must start from our system.

For now, we can only advice the average Nigerian to be extremely careful, while waiting for the opportunity to break the force of this slavery in our fathers land.

HELP PLS: Sorry to bring this up here but I dont know what else to do. The "New Topic" button of this forum does not show in my browser. Does anyone know what is wrong and how to solve it?

Thanks
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by choongtin(f): 2:37pm On Mar 27, 2007
omdz shocked that is cruel and bullying
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by justin04(m): 2:51pm On Mar 27, 2007
If this was in America, the soldiers would be brought to justice, anyone remember Rodney King? It happens in the western world too sha.
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by lilvonz(m): 3:38pm On Mar 27, 2007
Whao! grin grin cheesy
I like the scene of the beating
The soldiers are just catching fun there u know.
sometimes we need some beatings from those soldiers to get cautioned.

lipsrsealed
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by Tmoni(m): 6:21pm On Mar 27, 2007
it was hilarious grin grin grin grin grin grin,

better than all those home videos,

i think you should get a marketer

PS--- thank God, they did not catch you recording it, TOAST
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by spoilt(f): 9:21pm On Mar 27, 2007
lilvonz:

Whao! grin grin cheesy
I like the scene of the beating
The soldiers are just catching fun there u know.
sometimes we need some beatings from those soldiers to get cautioned.
f375
lipsrsealed

it doesnt get any more ignorant than this! angry
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by Nobody: 12:13am On Mar 28, 2007
adconline:

this should be forwarded to CNN or BBC

Please NO.
Only the law abiding regular Nigerians get embarrassed by all the bad press.
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by vichel(m): 12:40am On Mar 28, 2007
This is outrageous! what the hell waz that? something must be done about that kind of abuse. Those soldiers should and will not go unpunished. What a bunch of SHAMELESS FOOLS who show no respect for the law and human rights. A Nigerian newspaper or TV station should carry this and show the people. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by vichel(m): 12:59am On Mar 28, 2007
I would like it if somebody can please post the email addresses of top Nigerian newspapers, or anybody who can teach these fools a big lesson of the law
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by 9ja4eva: 5:36am On Mar 28, 2007
Punch NG : editor@punchontheweb.com

Guardian Newspaper : letters@ngrguardiannews.com

Thisday Newspaper : editor@thisdayonline.com

Happy writing.
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by fatliar(m): 3:55pm On Mar 28, 2007
this is total wickedness av promissed GOD not 2 ever 4 give any soldieror police if given d oppourtunity 2 kill them
my most favourite cousin was killed at ambrose alli uni last year july 4. may GOD save us from them AMEN
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by fatliar(m): 3:56pm On Mar 28, 2007
crying while typing sad sad sad
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by Badman888(m): 5:13pm On Mar 28, 2007
Those stupid guys that re based in warri all they do is want is 20 bucks or if u insult them, they even do worse, I still remember when they shot an okada rider 4 no reason,
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by joycexz(f): 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2007
This indecent behaviour happens all the time in this country, its not only in warri, it happens but the funniest aspect of it all is, who is going to stop them? i personally believe that the power given to the military is damn too much and there is nobody to caution them.

If we see a soldier harass a citizen unjustly, who do u report to? do they follow up the matter as required? the nation is corrupt, people turn a blind eye to every irregularity in the country and take it as normal. You can even be arrested for laying a complain.

Corruption should be fought on all level, not only on the high and mighty of the society. This is my own opinion oh.
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by 9ja4eva: 9:43pm On Mar 28, 2007
joycexz:

This indecent behaviour happens all the time in this country, its not only in warri, it happens but the funniest aspect of it all is, who is going to stop them? i personally believe that the power given to the military is damn too much and there is nobody to caution them.

If we see a soldier harass a citizen unjustly, who do u report to? do they follow up the matter as required? the nation is corrupt, people turn a blind eye to every irregularity in the country and take it as normal. You can even be arrested for laying a complain.

Corruption should be fought on all level, not only on the high and mighty of the society. This is my own opinion oh.

Yeap.We jst pray for a good leader.Its painful knowing anyway.
Re: Soldiers Beating Up Okada Riders Captured Live On Camera by tellmemore(m): 3:42pm On Mar 29, 2007
Today the Education Minister Dr Oby Ezekwesili shed tears as she made a presentation on the appalling condition of public schools at the lunching of Community Accountability and Transparency Initiative in Abuja to various stakeholders.
Some of those that attended were said to have been surprised to see the images gathered and were wondering if those were actually in Nigeria.

Those in attendance and surprised must have included top Government officials. This goes to prove that either they are pretending not to know the level of decay in various sectors of the economy or they actually don’t know how bad it is in the country.

I think we, as citizens need to help them by showing the true picture of the other side of things in Nigeria. Probably the split unit air conditioners in their offices make the offices too comfortable for them to go out or they are just ignorant of the situation in the country.

This in no doubt will expose the country further to the outside world which does not give a good image of the country but lets not forget this does not only exist in Nigeria, besides how else will it be possible to get to Mr. President or those in power to show them and let them know how the country truly is apart from through the internet.

There should be more follow ups to the soldiers' video

(1) (2) (Reply)

Four Men Beheaded In Abuja / The Four Boys Who Assaulted A Girl In A Viral Video Have Been Apprehended. / #EndSars: List Of Destroyed Properties And Companies In Lagos So Far .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.