Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,520 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

A Love Letter To The Super Eagles Of nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Love Letter To The Super Eagles Of nigeria (433 Views)

Imprisoned Dani Alves Pens Love Letter To Estranged Wife Ahead Of His Rape Case / Super Eagles Of Nigeria Train Ahead Of Friendly Against England(photos) / The Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: Poland 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Love Letter To The Super Eagles Of nigeria by azibit: 7:39am On Jun 23, 2018
Millions of Nigerians yesterday slept with happiness and love in their heart. A love that transcends ethnic group, religion, or political party. Happiness that indeed something you have given your all to is now yielding wonderful returns. The Eagles have finally taken flight.

For a lot of people, yesterday’s match was a re-ignition of the Super Eagles of the good old days. The Eagles who had nothing in mind rather than the love of its fatherland. That all it ever wants is for the motherland to one day be among the best Nations in the World.

For many families, yesterday was one of the best days of their lives. Everyone was indeed on good spirit on the outcome of the match. An outcome that means that for some families, the father would be back home early to celebrate with the family. Dependents would be able to seek and get some of what they have been asking from their sponsors. Husbands were able to make graceful requests from their wives and the wives were also able to make similar requests.

For some children, their stomach would have tasted something good, something not usually on the menu yesterday because the Eagles took off. For me, football for Nigeria is no longer a simple game, it is a game that has an effect on the Nation, an effect so similar to the general election.

The outcome of the match created an atmosphere within the country. We thank the Eagles that indeed, the atmosphere yesterday was a peaceful one. For me, Nigeria made me proud.

But the Eagles should not celebrate too early. Yes, we should be happy. We deserve it. In the end, it was a great victory. However, with more glory comes more responsibilities, the battle line has just been drawn and the Eagles would not settle until it delivers for Nigeria the crown.

Winning the World cup is our goal. For me, winning the world cup is not only about Football, it is about the effect it would have on the economy of Nigeria. Nigeria’s superstars would have been recognized by the world and as such, the world gathers around them and the best teams get them. This translates into one more family transitioning into a better life. Imagine then how many families would have a better life if the country wins the world cup.

With the creativity of Nigerians, winning the world cup would also mean that nothing is indeed possible especially when a country comes together. This 90 minutes we get to watch the Eagles is one of the few moments every Nigerian seeks the other as one, all barriers cleared.

We need more of the 90 minutes to help bound together as a country. We really enjoyed what we got yesterday. With God, we would get more.

In the end, it matters that I say that I have never loved the Eagles more than I did yesterday and I hope my love for the Eagles continue to grow. We pray that this world cup remains memorable in our hearts as we remember the France 98 with more love.

We love the Super Eagles and we pray to God to grant you the wisdom and understanding to bring home the Trophy. In the end, it is not about the trophy, it is the impact it would have on the country as a whole. On its economy, on the mindset of its people and many more.

Super Eagles, We love You. Thanks And God Bless.
Re: A Love Letter To The Super Eagles Of nigeria by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 7:48am On Jun 23, 2018
nice one bro

Lalasticlala
Re: A Love Letter To The Super Eagles Of nigeria by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 7:48am On Jun 23, 2018
nice one bro

Lalasticlala
Re: A Love Letter To The Super Eagles Of nigeria by azibit: 2:04pm On Jun 23, 2018
One love, Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

ARGENTINA 5-2 NIGERIA: Super Eagles Seek First Competitive Win Over Familiar Foe / Which Team Are You Supporting To Go Though To The Quarter Final ? / Who Will Win Ballon D'or 2018? Messi, Ronaldo & The Favourites, Outsiders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.