Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,636 members, 7,827,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

. - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / . (2454 Views)

You Are Paying A Software Developer That!!!!!! / Insearch Of A Software Programmer/app Developer / How Can I Build An Android App Without Being A Software Developer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by bot101(m): 6:51pm On Jun 26, 2018
Febup:
@bot101
Computer Engineering is not Software Engineering or Computer Science. You don't even have a clue of what Formal Methods is about.
All programming languages are similar, so you need to know that understanding how to research, choose the right programming language for the requirements and how to code and develop reliable software is what a degree in Software Engineering and Computer Science will teach you, this way you can pick up any programming language and you will understand the syntax and how to work with it.

There are thousands and even millions of syntax in a programming language but self taught without a Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science and mediocre programmers do expect a Software Engineering Graduate or Computer Science Graduate to have memorised and mastered every programming language and all the thousands and millions of syntax in a programming language what a joke.

As long as there are no regulations in place in the programming sector self taught without a Degree in Software Engineering and Computer Science and mediocre programmers will continue to talk the way you do just to make themselves look relevant in order to keep writing the unreliable and bug filled code they are writing now.

There is no version of Windows, Mac OS, Linux or any other operating system that is bug-free, and the software your 'professionals' build run on those. For your mind now, those OSes were developed by non professionals ba?? If you have even the smallest knowledge of software development reliability, or life cycle, you wouldn't still be arguing this point of yours.

And you saying that all programming languages are similar is another red flag that tells us, not just me, that you are nowhere near a Software Engineer. Even though Java and JavaScript share syntax that look similar, they are fundamentally different on all levels save for a few syntax structures. For your mind now Assembly and JavaScript are similar ba?? Or Fortran and Python shey?? Or Brainfuck and COBOL?

1 Like

Re: . by yorex2011: 9:49pm On Jun 26, 2018
I wonder how you guys can keep your cool arguing with OP.

The software ran like it was supposed to. What if the guy was truly sacked but the software failed to revoke his permission and led to some bad stuff??

You just can't architect to every possibility.. Human behavior changes can also mean bugs
Re: . by vankaid: 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2018
yorex2011:
It is quite surprising really. I personally cant engage such character and I guess he's been yarning all the okpata because many people who would really want to wash him are all completely short of words on how to deal with such a low life.

He claimed to have worked for big companies, even international ones yet have enough time to be crawling all over nairaland looking for cheap fights.
Re: . by bot101(m): 12:08am On Jun 27, 2018
yorex2011:

The software ran like it was supposed to. What if the guy was truly sacked but the software failed to revoke his permission and led to some bad stuff??

You just can't architect to every possibility.. Human behavior changes can also mean bugs

Those the gods want to kill, they first make mad. When someone's time of deceiving people is up, he doesn't know when to back out of a losing fight. Also, whenever someone wants to contract him for a project, and comes across these posts, they'll know better.
Re: . by dochenaj: 4:47am On Jun 27, 2018
Febup:

No, professionals who are software engineering majors and computer science majors have acquired the academic skills at uni to write reliable and bug free codes but programming is one profession were it is the mediocre programmers that are programming and heading software developement teams and all they are after is to write code quickly and deploy to users without worrying about the outcome.
I have no idea, why you are spurning this your ideas about mediocre programmers being heads of software development teams. Did you realize, that to be a head, you must have a wealth of knowledge above all team members?
No person who runs a software company will elect to employ a novice, mediocre programmer over a well schooled, technical savvy, 'current practices aware' programmer.
Re: . by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 27, 2018
I'm not surprised at the kind of comments here from self taught without an accredited Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science BEng and mediocre programmers as they always feel they know all but truly they are big jokers.

Graduates from an accredited program in software engineering or Computer Science BEng will understand that: "The “practice of engineering” means any act of planning, designing, composing, evaluating, advising, reporting, directing or supervising, or managing any of the foregoing, that requires the application of engineering principles, and that concerns the safeguarding of life, health, property, economic interests, the public welfare or the environment.
With reference to the above definition, both of the following conditions must be true for an activity to be considered to fall under the scope of software engineering:
The development of the software required the application of engineering principles (ie. “a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the development, operation, and maintenance of software”)
The software concerns the public interest (ie. there is a reasonable expectation that failure or inappropriate functioning of the system would result in harm to life, health, property, economic interests, the public welfare or the environment)." https://engineerscanada.ca/public-policy/issue-statements/professional-practice-in-software-engineering
Re: . by bot101(m): 1:15pm On Jun 27, 2018
Febup:
I'm not surprised at the kind of comments here from self taught without an accredited Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science BEng and mediocre programmers as they always feel they know all but truly they are big jokers.

Graduates from an accredited program in software engineering or Computer Science BEng will understand that: "The “practice of engineering” means any act of planning, designing, composing, evaluating, advising, reporting, directing or supervising, or managing any of the foregoing, that requires the application of engineering principles, and that concerns the safeguarding of life, health, property, economic interests, the public welfare or the environment.
With reference to the above definition, both of the following conditions must be true for an activity to be considered to fall under the scope of software engineering:
The development of the software required the application of engineering principles (ie. “a systematic, disciplined, quantifiable approach to the development, operation, and maintenance of software”)
The software concerns the public interest (ie. there is a reasonable expectation that failure or inappropriate functioning of the system would result in harm to life, health, property, economic interests, the public welfare or the environment)." https://engineerscanada.ca/public-policy/issue-statements/professional-practice-in-software-engineering

Hahahaha, you have finally exposed yourself. I told you that you just Google, copy and paste then start telling yourself that you are a programmer. Shame on you ooo!! As other people have previously hinted, this will be my last response to you, and maybe even on this thread.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 27, 2018
@ bot101 Your comments truly shows you have no clue of what Software Engineering is about yet you called yourself a Software Engineer, self taught without an accredited Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science BEng and mediocre programmers are good at claiming to be something they have no clue about.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Final Year Project Topic In Mechanical Software Application / MVC Pattern / I Need Help On Oop Project Using C# Console-base Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.