Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Nigeria Vs Iceland: I Knew It Was A Penalty Before VAR Decision – Ebuehi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Iceland: I Knew It Was A Penalty Before VAR Decision – Ebuehi (769 Views)

Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Argentina Vs Iceland: World Cup 2018 (1 - 1) - Full Time / Nigeria Vs Iceland : World Cup (2 - 0) On 22nd June 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Vs Iceland: I Knew It Was A Penalty Before VAR Decision – Ebuehi by EdifiedCEO: 4:02pm On Jun 23, 2018
Super Eagles defender, Tyronne Ebuehi, has admitted that he knew he had conceded a penalty against Iceland, even before the referee consulted the Video Assistant Referee (VAR).

Ebuehi, who was making his competitive debut for Nigeria, also spoke of his happiness at playing at the 2018 World Cup.

“It was a nice feeling coming on.

“I was comfortable playing there as I have played in that role a few times for my club so it is nothing new. To be honest I will play in any position for my country at the World Cup.”

On the penalty, he added: “I knew it was a penalty even before the referee went to check the VAR. I arrived late and caught the Iceland forward but thankfully they missed”.

Everton midfielder, Gylfi Sigurdsson, eventually blasted the spot-kick over the bar.

http://newshelm.ng/nigeria-vs-iceland-i-knew-it-was-a-penalty-before-var-decision-ebuehi/

cc lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland: I Knew It Was A Penalty Before VAR Decision – Ebuehi by Smellymouth: 4:04pm On Jun 23, 2018
Nobody gave Ebuehi any credit and I’m mad about it! He changed the game. Technically, man of the match for me was Tyrone Ebuehi from the left flank. He bullied Iceland wt quick counter attack runs.

This reaction of Ebuehi after Sigurdsson lost the penalty is just so Priceless , Innocent and Passionate—-

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland: I Knew It Was A Penalty Before VAR Decision – Ebuehi by swiz123(m): 4:09pm On Jun 23, 2018
Such a horrible debutant
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland: I Knew It Was A Penalty Before VAR Decision – Ebuehi by Baawaa(m): 4:13pm On Jun 23, 2018
In all 3 point was certain,"Ope ni fun Oluwa" grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland: I Knew It Was A Penalty Before VAR Decision – Ebuehi by Smellymouth: 4:13pm On Jun 23, 2018
swiz123:
Such a horrible debutant

How was it horrible? Because he gave away a PK? Omeruo was even at fault for giving him such a pass.
He might be a bit inexperienced but he has flair, pace, defends and attacks well. He is good on the wings. Our game changed when he came on against England and Iceland. He did great yesterday..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland: I Knew It Was A Penalty Before VAR Decision – Ebuehi by clevvermind(m): 4:30pm On Jun 23, 2018
Nigeria must beat Argentina and qualify is all i'm after. Messi to cry.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland: I Knew It Was A Penalty Before VAR Decision – Ebuehi by Dedetwo(m): 4:53pm On Jun 23, 2018
Smellymouth:
Nobody gave Ebuehi any credit and I’m mad about it! He changed the game. Technically, man of the match for me was Tyrone Ebuehi from the left flank. He bullied Iceland wt quick counter attack runs.

This reaction of Ebuehi after Sigurdsson lost the penalty is just so Priceless , Innocent and Passionate—-

Even though Musa scored the goals, the man of the match is Kenneth Omeruo. The stood tall in the defense.
Re: Nigeria Vs Iceland: I Knew It Was A Penalty Before VAR Decision – Ebuehi by Mrjo(m): 5:01pm On Jun 23, 2018
swiz123:
Such a horrible debutant
HE HAD A GOOD GAME, INFACT HE WON HIMSELF THAT POSITION

(1) (Reply)

Chelea Fans Will Love Oscar’s Birthday Celebration As He Remembers His Old Team / OMG! Zinedine Zidane Rejects Juventus, £13m Deal For Manchester United Job / 100validpredict Free Daily Idea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.