Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

World Cup: Ndidi Racially Abused By Bein Sports Reporter - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / World Cup: Ndidi Racially Abused By Bein Sports Reporter (2319 Views)

Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused / John Obi Mikel Racially Abused In Trabzonspor Vs Fernabache Football Match / Maguire Calls For Action After Pogba Is Racially Abused For Penalty Miss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Cup: Ndidi Racially Abused By Bein Sports Reporter by Jidefido(m): 6:37pm On Jun 23, 2018
Super Eagles midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi has been racially abused by a BeIN TV sports commentator, Gregory Paisley.

Paisley made the racist remark during Nigeria’s win over Iceland on Friday.

Reportedly talking about Leicester’s Ndidi, Paisley allegedly said: “[He] should take a Banania.”

Banania is a chocolate drink which is claimed to be linked with French colonialism.

It dates back to 1914 and was touted as providing drinkers with “strength and vigour”, using the slogan: “Y’a bon Banania.”

And after alleged condemnation by users on Twitter, beIN Sports issued the following statement.

It read: “BeIN Sports regrets that some of the comments that were [broadcast] during the Nigeria-Iceland match may have been judged offensive by some of you.

“[We] apologise to all the people who felt hurt and offended.”

Paisley, who played for the likes of PSG and Nice, added: “I said Banania as I could have said Poulain, Benco or Nesquik. I think that when you’re short of strength, that’s what you take in the morning, so that’s why I said Banania.

“I specify that one of my best friends is Senegalese and so that at no time I could say anything bad about Africans.”

http://www.thesportsbay.com/world-cup-ndidi-racially-abused-by-bein-sports-reporter/
Re: World Cup: Ndidi Racially Abused By Bein Sports Reporter by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 23, 2018
Hmmmm na wa
Re: World Cup: Ndidi Racially Abused By Bein Sports Reporter by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jun 23, 2018
This is how the civilized world works , if you are deemed to have been offensive in behaviour or attitude you apologize publicly

But in the forest bush ghetto known as Nigeria you see people come online and on radio or TV and make derogatory comments against another's tribe or religion and nothing haooens
I mean even the government fails to address issues like genocide against Christian's in that septic dump of ancountry
Nigeria will never I repeat never get better , the people have the leaders they deserve

Just look at how the average Nigerian comments here

All you see are unintelligent hateful derogatory comments

The mods even give excuses for such comments like afonja, ipob pigs etc

They tell you it's a joke! In Nigeria what is normally globally is seen as odd

It gives me so much joy when Nigerians wails about suffering , because frankly they don't deserve better

Change yourselves and your leaders will change . The government isn't made up of aliens , it's made of people like you all here on nairaland.. so if your government is weird then you all are weird

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: World Cup: Ndidi Racially Abused By Bein Sports Reporter by rex444(m): 5:00am On Jun 24, 2018
Weh done sir mr world wide....thank you for pointing out our mistakes and stupidity..... Presently every country is going thru one form of shit or the other while at it, respective masses from different countries have their own way of dealing with it and i must correct you that weirdly enough,our own way is by making expensive jokes at each other... If am wrong guys lemme know ooooo....cos this mr perfect is telling me what i dont know....if you think you can make a change ,make a change and don't add more salt to the meal served .....

1 Like

Re: World Cup: Ndidi Racially Abused By Bein Sports Reporter by footballflaver: 5:57am On Jun 24, 2018
angry racism again ?

Re: World Cup: Ndidi Racially Abused By Bein Sports Reporter by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 24, 2018
I doubt if he had racist intentions but the media is always quick to read meaning into stuff because it sells their papers or generates views online.

Abeg where I fit see Bananais buy? It sounds delicious
Re: World Cup: Ndidi Racially Abused By Bein Sports Reporter by wagazala: 11:53am On Jun 24, 2018
People can't even do anything before they are labelled racist.
We don too wave this racial card. One day the world will stop attaching importance to it.
Re: World Cup: Ndidi Racially Abused By Bein Sports Reporter by Rossikki: 12:21pm On Jun 24, 2018
Uchihaitaci:
This is how the civilized world works , if you are deemed to have been offensive in behaviour or attitude you apologize publicly

But in the forest bush ghetto known as Nigeria you see people come online and on radio or TV and make derogatory comments against another's tribe or religion and nothing haooens
I mean even the government fails to address issues like genocide against Christian's in that septic dump of ancountry
Nigeria will never I repeat never get better , the people have the leaders they deserve

Just look at how the average Nigerian comments here

All you see are unintelligent hateful derogatory comments

The mods even give excuses for such comments like afonja, ipob pigs etc

They tell you it's a joke! In Nigeria what is normally globally is seen as odd

It gives me so much joy when Nigerians wails about suffering , because frankly they don't deserve better

Change yourselves and your leaders will change . The government isn't made up of aliens , it's made of people like you all here on nairaland.. so if your government is weird then you all are weird

You are an animal and a sick fool. How the hell did you manage to twist this into a stick to beat Nigerians with? Slaveboy. Go suck on white dick you slave bastard. Comparing a racist comment on TV commentary to social media comments. Are you sick in the head?
Re: World Cup: Ndidi Racially Abused By Bein Sports Reporter by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
Earthbound:
I doubt if he had racist intentions but the media is always quick to read meaning into stuff because it sells their papers or generates views online.
Abeg where I fit see Bananais buy? It sounds delicious

Extra-chilled Viju milk for you

Won't it be nice if more people realized the REAL motives behind most "news" headlines?...

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Paraguay Friendly match 3/3/2010 / Juventus Vs Real Madrid - H2h Stats / 146 Bars, 9years Old Set New World Record For The Longest Limbo(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.