Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria (18213 Views)

Comparison Btw Cost Of Living In The United State And Nigeria. / 15 Things Nigerians Miss While Living Abroad / The Truth About Living Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Kinsh(f): 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2007
We all know the advantages of living abroad, so I wont go into that! But what about the disadvantages?
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by hola2ng(m): 12:57pm On Mar 23, 2007
Kinsh:

We all know the advantages of living abroad,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I wont go into that!!!!!!!!!!!! but what about the DISADVANTAGES.,,,,,,,

@Kinsh
Why don't you tell us your own disadvantages first, since you seem to be in the midst of it all.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Kinsh(f): 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2007
hola2ng:

@Kinsh
Why don't you tell us your own disadvantages first, since you seem to be in the midst of it all.

#Well - if - i - kneeeeew# I wouldn't ask! Am a Nigerian but haven't been living there. Sometimes i think there's something "there" am not N can't get "here". Just wonderin undecided undecided undecided
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 7:54pm On Mar 23, 2007
Well too many rules

you can't drive on the wrong side of the road  angry

You have to queue up  angry

You have to get most things yourself, e,g wife,house, job

you can't stay at home till you are 40  angry

your neighbours don't care if you loose your house key- you aint coming in!

your neighbours call the police when you beat your kids with hammer  angry

be back for more

3 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by iice(f): 11:54am On Mar 24, 2007
Can't get Naija food anyhow! angry
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Kinsh(f): 11:59am On Mar 24, 2007
Tell me about it!!!!
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 2:25pm On Mar 24, 2007
depends where you live cheesy
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by iice(f): 2:31pm On Mar 24, 2007
No road side suya sellers, you can't get mamaput (U know the food's da bomb) grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Coco29(f): 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2007
LoverBwoy:

Well too many rules

you can't drive on the wrong side of the road angry

You have to queue up angry

You have to get most things yourself, e,g wife,house, job

you can't stay at home till you are 40 angry

your neighbours don't care if you loose your house key- you aint coming in!

your neighbours call the police when you beat your kids with hammer angry

be back for more

cheesy cheesy roflmao cheesy cry cheesy
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by sykboi(m): 3:46am On Mar 25, 2007
You have to pay taxes

you have to park correctly

you cant beat the traffic or else u dey go cell

you cant beat kids like naija

you cant hit women or else u dey go cell again

kai mehn i fit go on and on but this may i dey come naija PHEWW

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Kinsh(f): 12:48pm On Mar 25, 2007
sykboi:

You have to pay taxes

you have to park correctly

you can't beat the traffic,

But all these thingz r 4 oderliness,,,,,,,, 'dnt fink its a CON.
Do u mean people dnt pay tax in Nigeria

sykboi:

you can't beat kids like naija

you can't hit women or else u dey go cell again
shocked shocked shocked

Why would any1 wan2 do dat or rather y would you wan2 do dat sykboi - dnt u think its mindless,,,,,

Some1 said 2 me 1ce that a major disadvantage especially 4 d "Kids" is d way they turn out 2B
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:30am On Mar 26, 2007
You can't go over to your neighbor to ask for palm oil.

You can't spread your right fingers and say 'waka' when people get you mad ( they won't understand) grin grin

you can't pick your teeth and nose in public.

You have to consciously minimise your God-given Nigerian accent in public

You can't publicly admit how much you hate dogs or don't care much about them,you'll be branded a cruel person.

going grocery shopping is boring,everyone minds their business,you don't have traders calling and wooing you to come and patronise them,promising to add good jara.

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by bluenubian(f): 5:35am On Mar 26, 2007
u almost cant bribe anyone, no is no angry tongue
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Kinsh(f): 1:52pm On Mar 26, 2007
Well y'all sound devastated  n funny. Guess you really miss home cheesy
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by omoge(f): 4:19pm On Mar 26, 2007
can't toast ladies anyhow (report you for sexual harrasment) thank God for that sha,

can't go to a person's house without first calling to say you coming

agree with you sister babyosisi, shopping is boring everyone doing there thing, can't greet everyone you see (they won't ans you o)

more cars than head
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by jacq(f): 6:44pm On Mar 26, 2007
No real naija food
all the yamama when den dey call pounded yam here is not like the real thing !
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by DaJunta(m): 10:33pm On Mar 28, 2007
[color=#550000][/color]

@ Omoge,

U cant toast ladies ( sexual harrassment)
shocked

Na wa ooooooo. Wetin man go do na?
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by deathadder(m): 4:52pm On Mar 29, 2007
You cant lock old women in cages

You cant run down the street vaulting dogs

You cant smash your head through a shop window

you cant break into your neighbours house and do the whole family.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Kinsh(f): 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2007
deathadder:

You can't lock old women in cages

You can't run down the street vaulting dogs

You can't smash your head through a shop window

you can't break into your neighbours house and do the whole family.

Well funny init undecided are you articulating dat u can break into your neighbours house and do the whole family in 9G cry cry
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Seun(m): 10:38pm On Mar 29, 2007
No, you can't. Nigerian mobs can be very dangerous. wink

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 12:04am On Mar 30, 2007
You cant use this line " Do you know who my Father is?!?!" you'd probably get sectioned under the mental health act wink

you cant really do the mushin olosha - Aceee Ace fine gal come mek we talk na
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by deathadder(m): 10:04am On Mar 30, 2007
Kinsh:

Well funny init undecided are you articulating that u can break into your neighbours house and do the whole family in 9G cry cry

I have made love to a whole family once in Lagos when It was requested from me.

Aaaa, the good old days cool
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by dblock(m): 10:43am On Mar 30, 2007
[list]
[li]You can't open even the tiniest stall without a license[/li]
[li]You can't use your boast without a license[/li]
[li]You can't play music very loud angry angry angry angry angry angry[/li]
[li]You can't build a school close to a residential area(My home in Naija was directly in front of a school grin)[/li]
[li]You can't take naija food to school, because people say WTF[/li]
[li]You can't eat plantain(In Brisbane) angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry[/li]
[li]You can't drive a piece of Junk(It's got to be road worthy)[/li]
[li]You can't have a dog without a leash[/li]
[li]You can't ride a Bike without an helmet(In Australia it's a 80 bucks fine) angry angry angry angry angry angry angry[/li]
[li]Carpenters need an education(In Nigeria if you have a hammer, nails and wood, you're a Carpenter)[/li]
[li]Abroad, everyone asks the blackman "Hey do they have cars in Africa, do people walk around naked?"[/li] angry angry angry

Well that's my list, but the two that anger me the most Is the Helmet Rule and the last one angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Kinsh(f): 11:24am On Mar 30, 2007
deathadder:

I have made love to a whole family once in Lagos when It was requested from me.

Aaaa, the good old days
cool

Were you nuts that day or your usual self

Men!!! One gotta b scared of u,,,,,,,,,, shocked shocked shocked

Including their mooma n paps,,, Men shocked
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Kinsh(f): 11:43am On Mar 30, 2007
dblock:

[list]
[li]You can't take naija food to school, because people say WTF[/li]
[li]You can't ride a Bike without an helmet(In Australia it's a 80 bucks fine) angry angry angry angry angry angry angry[/li]
[li]Abroad, everyone asks the blackman "Hey do they have cars in Africa, do people walk around naked?"[/li] angry angry angry

Talking about taking 9G food 2 sch,,,, y would u wan2 do dat in d first place,,,, Africans mostly eat with their hands am talking about real african food not dis coloured rice of such dat has been adpated as an african food and they make you fall asleep cheesy cheesy cheesy

80bucks wowowowowwohhhh!!!!! Well its 4 your own safety. Dnt you think

angry angry angry I quite agree wit u on ur last point. When i was in high sch, i change my sch 1C to a white school. Men!!!!! I was asked,,,,, well i'll qoute d person "Hey Kish, how do you feel or how does it feel to be wearin clothes 4 d 1st time" shocked shocked shocked
Whooopssssss shocked I felt like hitting her or slapping her across d face,,,, but u CANT!!!!. Its gainst the "LAW" cry cry cry
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Kinsh(f): 11:49am On Mar 30, 2007
Seun:

No, you can't. Nigerian mobs can be very dangerous. wink

Sorry Seun, wat u mean by NO!!! Is it dat u can't break into your neighbours house and do the whole family in 9G or No 9G mobs can b very dangerous
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by iice(f): 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2007
Or they say, what's Africa like? In the tone that implies Africa is a country. Yeah i have been asked if i see lions and wild animals running around when i wake up.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Kinsh(f): 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2007
iice:

Or they say, what's Africa like? In the tone that implies Africa is a country. Yeah i have been asked if i see lions and wild animals running around when i wake up.

**Laughin**

OMG!!!! The funniest thing is that they believe they are better than "US",,,,, n that our BRAINS are just as BLACK!!! as we are,,,,,,

Even if u were born, raised n reside there all your life,,,,,, as long as u have that colour
BLACK!!!

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by sweetberry(f): 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2007
LoverBwoy:

You can't use this line " Do you know who my Father is?!?!" you'd probably get sectioned under the mental health act wink
[/i]

grin grin grin
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Ndipe(m): 2:38am On Nov 17, 2007
You can't pay your rent late with the excuse that you were sacked from work. Omo, after the fifth, eviction proceedings could take place.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:44am On Nov 17, 2007
The cold cold winter,like right now.
It is not funny.
Re: Disadvantages Of Living Abroad As To Living In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:16am On Nov 17, 2007
Government officials are not allowed to drive at break neck speed with sirens in complete disregard to road traffic rules.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Accused Of Ordering The Assault Of Taxify Driver, Speaks / Truck Rams Into A Shop In Imo. Photos / Contractor Abandons Zaria Airport Project, Absconds With N37m, Senate Threatens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.