Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,437 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Why Are Nigeria Women So Interested In This World Cup? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Are Nigeria Women So Interested In This World Cup? (431 Views)

South Africa Vs Nigeria (Women) Olympic Qualifier Today Live At 6:30pm / Germany Vs Nigeria: Women World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time / France Vs Nigeria: Women's Friendly - 8 - 0 (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigeria Women So Interested In This World Cup? by Olumax3028: 5:54pm On Jun 24, 2018
One of the very unusual things I have noticed about this ongoing World cup is the interest of Nigeria women in it.
It's not in anyway a cliche that Nigerian girls / ladies are very much interested in this world cup as much as the men. They follow all the matches and of course the Nigerian games with kin interest and they are always on social media to show their support.

One will wonder why the sudden interest until you notice the new Super Eagles jersey and the attention it got before the world cup started. As much as most Nigerian women don't like football, they can't ignore the beauty of the super eagles jersey and of course the good looks of the super eagles world cup team.
I think that was the first attraction before the good football and the patriotism.

I may be wrong about this but I feel that is just what this interest is about.
Do you think I'm right.
Share your opinion in the comment session.

And check out this sister of Mary anointing our players just before the Iceland game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efBeYtOmGKk

cc lalasticlala mynd44

Re: Why Are Nigeria Women So Interested In This World Cup? by Olumax3028: 6:07pm On Jun 24, 2018
Mr lalasticlala come and push this to the Frontpage. Let's hear what the ladies will say
Re: Why Are Nigeria Women So Interested In This World Cup? by saintkeppy(m): 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2018
Dem don taya for borin'Telemondo &Z-World drama wey no dey finish with their prolong suspence.
It's time &They want to watch somethin'new &feel the excitement d'world cup has to offer while it last.
Re: Why Are Nigeria Women So Interested In This World Cup? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 24, 2018
Funny video grin

Women are Special, you can't help but laugh at their reactions to football lol.
Re: Why Are Nigeria Women So Interested In This World Cup? by Benjaniblinks(m): 6:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
So Hubby No Go Leave Them For House Say He De Go Somewhere Go Watch Ball.....

(1) (Reply)

It’s A European Affair! Belgium Sends Brazil Packing From World Cup / Updated News: Teachers Blast 'selective' Pay Hike For Police, Army / Free Tips, Get Free Membership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.