Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,132 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised (2851 Views)

Many Covenant University Students ‘hospitalised’ Over Suspected Food Poisoning / Killer Fruit Juice: 10 Dead, 400 Hospitalised In Kano, States Warn Residents / In Gombe, Women Boil Used Sanitary Pads And Drink It To Get High – NDLEA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by actiondrilling: 7:31pm On Jun 24, 2018
Cholera outbreak at Tsangaya Islamic school, Madaki, in Gombe, has led to the death of three pupils while 27 others were hospitalised.

Dr Kennedy Ishaya, Gombe state Commissioner of Health confirmed the outbreak to newsmen in Gombe on Sunday during an inspection visit to Madaki Primary Health Care facility where the victims are hospitalized.

He said within three days, 30 children from Tsangaya Islamic school had contracted the disease out of which three had died.

Ishaya said 15 were treated and discharged while 12 were still receiving treatment at the facility.

According to him, government has stocked all health facilities in Gombe with sufficient drugs and advised people not to hesitate to report any suspected case to the nearest facility.

The commissioner also appealed to the health personnel working in the health facilities to take all necessary steps to avoid the risk of infection.

“Make sure you observe Nightingale principles; no chewing of kola or chewing gum during working hours.

“Come to the hospital with two pairs of clothing. When going home, drop the one you worked with and wear another one ,’’ he said.

He also appealed to Muslim faithful performing ablution to make sure they used water from good source to avoid contamination.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/06/cholera-claims-3-in-gombe-27.html

Re: Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by sureheaven(m): 7:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
Every bad thing is north.....

Ftc

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by soberdrunk(m): 7:36pm On Jun 24, 2018
Cholera still killing people in Nigeria in 2018? angry
Re: Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by Folashade2016(f): 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2018
Oh no so sorry. ftc check my SIGNATURE
Re: Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by melody91: 7:38pm On Jun 24, 2018
choi
Re: Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by melody91: 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
sureheaven:
Every bad thing is north.....

Ftc
flatty use your head for once na
Re: Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by theoldpretender(m): 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
soberdrunk:

Bad public water supply, simple.
Re: Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by Toni19: 7:39pm On Jun 24, 2018
WHERE IS THE UNICEF, WHO AND IMF FUNDS INJECTED INTO THESE NORTHERN STATES. ARE THEY CRAZY? CHOLERA AT THIS TIME WEY EVEN EBOLA NO DEY KILL ANYBODY AGAIN? NIGERIA IS FVCKED IN THE ASS.

2 Likes

Re: Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by zombieHUNTER: 7:42pm On Jun 24, 2018
soberdrunk:

Sai baba

1 Like

Re: Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by zombieHUNTER: 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2018
Zombies should come and remind me that the disease have killed many during Jonathan era grin

Zombies are pathetic

2 Likes

Re: Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by emi14: 7:48pm On Jun 24, 2018
zombieHUNTER:
Zombies should come and remind me that the disease have killed many during Jonathan era grin

Zombies are pathetic
All the money is in the north All the political power belong to the north still sickness and decease means the North

2 Likes

Re: Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by zombieHUNTER: 7:58pm On Jun 24, 2018
emi14:

All the money is in the north All the political power belong to the north still sickness and decease means the North

Each time I complain about the state of security in the country especially the middle belt

Zombies are quick to remind me that it has always been like during Jonathan's tenure...

I thought they promised change? grin

But things were never this bad mehn... It's terrible seriously

2 Likes

Re: Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by Chizzychinny: 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2018
I never knew it kills.
Re: Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by Jotoep: 8:29pm On Jun 24, 2018
Cholera outbreak? hmmm...A case study on the outbreak of cholera in Primary schools in Gombe state... kissCholera outbreak? hmmm...A case study on the outbreak of cholera in Primary schools in Gombe state... i have been looking for this topic. Am not making sense anyway.. God help them.
Re: Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by BilliBaron: 10:42pm On Jun 24, 2018
I kown it can only be from that part. Am not supprise. But why does all the sickness come from there. Cripple, E dey, blind E day, Lepper E dey, deaf and dumb E dey, Half Legs E dey, Disfigured body E dey. Haba who do una this? Na only una waka come ni
Re: Cholera Claims 3 In Gombe, 27 Hospitalised by gratiaeo(m): 6:28am On Jun 25, 2018
North and decease

(1) (Reply)

Blood Group / Step By Step Ultrasound Books For Sale / Let’s Talk Vagina: Clean, Odorless, And Healthy Tips…

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.