Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,664 members, 7,816,704 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? (19310 Views)

I Need Insider That Works At FCMB Bank, The Story.. / Chaos At FCMB Branch After Customer Develops COVID-19 Symptoms, Collapse / How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by donqx: 9:25am On Jun 25, 2018
ohhh
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by ShenTeh(m): 9:29am On Jun 25, 2018
Be the OP's intention pure or bile, I can't stop imagining the amount of damage this write-up would have done to FCMB's corporate image before their social media canvassers wake up, get approval, select media, select teams and timelines.

Poor FCMB.

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by Ugosample(m): 9:35am On Jun 25, 2018
iamclime:
The fact is that many Nigerian banks are unhealthy as we speak. Most of the performance reports they churn out every year are just window dressing. I don't know about FCMB. But I know that the financial crisis of 2008 is looming on the horizon again in the banking sector. Many Nigerian banks (especially commercial banks and MFBs) will still collapse, while many will have to merge to continue their existence. The NDIC, NSE, SEC, CBN, EFCC, and Bankers Committee have not been showing Nigerians the real picture. Another very sick sector is Insurance. Let me stop here for now. If you know, you know!

And what do you think is the cause of this
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by Eziokwugbaoto: 9:58am On Jun 25, 2018
Is FCMB the name of an animal, place or thing grin
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by Alanzazani: 10:08am On Jun 25, 2018
I woke up and saw a debit of 22,000 on my account yesterday no explanation. Send my statement of account they tactically stopped at 19th of this month. I have become financially poorer since I started banking with them. My worst mistake was to take a long which I have decided to liquidate so I can sue them for all this unexplained deductions
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by yhuconnect: 10:25am On Jun 25, 2018
Why are you trying to paint the bank in a bad light, all banks have had their issues of fraud and corrupt employers, but you singled out one bank leaving every other bank out of your report
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by yhuconnect: 10:32am On Jun 25, 2018
You singlehandedly pointed out FCMB taking your time to write a report that taints their name as a reputable bank but also consciously leaving out other banks from your report..

Is this a paid job or what do you gain from doing this?
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by sexdoll: 10:33am On Jun 25, 2018
crackhouse:
my brother i thought I am the only person. They made deductions on mine soteee that I have to stop depositing money there and still it didn't stop them from deducting cos right now the account is now in negative (-ve) which means any money that mistakenly enter the account will be deducted immediately. I don't even go close to the bank again. Just waiting for the day they will close the account.

i taya for that bank, aswear. shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by uba1991: 10:48am On Jun 25, 2018
FCMB is d worst bank that i cannot even advice my enemy to make transaction with.
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by dipoolowoo: 11:14am On Jun 25, 2018
It is very easy to tag a write-up as blackmail. As stated in the report, this piece was inspired by recent alleged fraud stories in the public space about the bank, which brought about the headline.

If the intention of this piece was to blackmail or de-market the bank, I would not have contacted them to ask about efforts they are making to address the incessant frauds linked with the bank lately.

Let me point out that I reached out to the bank for their reaction on May 23, 2018 and they gave a response last week and the story was eventually published June 24, 2018 (over a month). Thanks

helphelp:
Such headlines pose a RED FLAG already on the bank. I do not know your intentions, but if CBN can assure me of my deposit in case the bank goes downtrodden then your write up points to nothing but blackmail.

On the other hand, do your research with NDIC quite well you'll see that all the banks are as guilty as FCMB, curbing fraud is a continuous process and no single bank in the world is void of it.

And again, you mentioned UBA in your write up but fail to put them in your headlines, just because you know most people won't read the whole thread, to know they were involved at a point in your search.

I ask you, to what end is this your write-up? To be honest, it's far from eye-opener more like an attempt to drag the bank's name in shambles.

Either ways, I hope people base their decisions on further research and also, to confirm that the bank is still standing strong.

NB: I don't have a FCMB account, I run a business and I know the length competitors can go to drag a business down.

Great week ahead. And hopefully, we reunite after our victory against Argentina
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by helphelp: 12:00pm On Jun 25, 2018
dipoolowoo:
It is very easy to tag a write-up as blackmail. As stated in the report, this piece was inspired by recent alleged fraud stories in the public space about the bank, which brought about the headline.

If the intention of this piece was to blackmail or de-market the bank, I would not have contacted them to ask about efforts they are making to address the incessant frauds linked with the bank lately.

Let me point out that I reached out to the bank for their reaction on May 23, 2018 and they gave a response last week and the story was eventually published June 24, 2018 (over a month). Thanks

Like I wrote earlier, I don't have a problem with the piece, Nigerians hardly read through long threads hence my conviction of the headline of the post.

In it, other banks were mentioned and a resolve was also mentioned, but how many will read through to see all that.
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by helphelp: 12:07pm On Jun 25, 2018
ShenTeh:
Be the OP's intention be pure or bile, I can't stop imagining the amount of damage this write-up would have done to FCMB's corporate image before their social media canvassers wake up, get approval, select media, select teams and timelines.

Poor FCMB.

My point as well
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by yhuconnect: 4:58pm On Jun 25, 2018
coolshegs10:
Wow! And I was thinking about opening an account with them recently ó.

Now I'm left with UBA and Zenith bank. Which one is the best in regards with savings.. I just need to open a savings account in case of emergency like someone mentioned earlier.

Please I'll appreciate a detailed comparison between the two banks
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by yhuconnect: 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2018
Please don't let anyone convince you or make you black list any bank.... FCMB is a good bank and a one sided article designed just to attack the bank should not stop you

[quote author=yhuconnect post=68811700][/quote]
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by yhuconnect: 5:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
FCMB is a good bank, don't let a one sided article make you backlist a bank or convince you not to bank with then
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by yhuconnect: 5:06pm On Jun 25, 2018
FCMB is a good bank, don't let a one sided article make you backlist a bank or convince you not to bank with then
coolshegs10:
Wow! And I was thinking about opening an account with them recently ó.

Now I'm left with UBA and Zenith bank. Which one is the best in regards with savings.. I just need to open a savings account in case of emergency like someone mentioned earlier.

Please I'll appreciate a detailed comparison between the two banks
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by yhuconnect: 5:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
From my point of view, this article just seems like a attempt to discredit a bank and demarket them in the eye of the public.... FCMB is a good bank which the public can trust with their funds, are the perfect? No! But no bank is
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by coolshegs10(m): 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2018
yhuconnect:

Thanks very much boss
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by SRS2: 5:41pm On Jun 25, 2018
This is a ridiculous article.. there are different issues with different banks and they all try to deal with the as best as they can.. the regulatory bodies have not come out to say FCMB has any issues.. their reports are there for all to see.. why would the writer single out FCMB if it's not a paid job.. When people say Social media should be regulated, this write up only embolden that call..
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by pokipoki: 5:17pm On Jun 28, 2018
ozodigboo:

wrong.
people are being swindled daily because earlier victims don't speak up for fear of being accused of de-marketing.
the question is.......all what the OP said, are they true or false ?
Your write up says a different thing.
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by uzomagic(m): 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2018
With their close monitoring of banks, the Central Bank has everything under control.
Re: How Safe Are Customer Deposits At FCMB? by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 03, 2019
With what FCMB did to me yesterday, I doubt I will bank with them again. My go to bank has always been Zenith. And I love them. Their service is top notch and fast except once in a while when they have network issues.

I just felt I needed a savings account without an ATM card. I saw an FCMB marketer looking for customers outside their bank gate. That was how I opted to open an account with them. After providing all necessary docs and even initial deposit, it took them a whole week to open and send me my bank account number! I was unimpressed. Not in this day and age Pls.
I chose to overlook and continue. I still deposited a little more savings there.

Yesterday, I had need for that little money. So I went to the bank. They told me to get an ATM card. I declined because getting an ATM card will negate the purpose of that account. They asked so why did I want to withdraw then. I believe this was a joke.
They said they weren't going to give me my money then because they usually didn't pay out less than 100k over the counter. In order to reduce crowd inside the banking hall. Lolz.
I said I understand but how else could they give me my money because I don't want an ATM card!
I was still smiling with them.

They saw I meant business. (They actually refused paying a few others without ATM card).
They started the process of trying to pay me my small amount of money. Very small o.
I was asked for my Bvn. They used it to generate my details. They asked me to thumb print severally. They sent me to customer care. From there to another teller. All these with delay o. Wasting my time. Not that there was crowd then o cos this was around 4pm already. So their doors had closed. I was asked what doc I used to register the account. Whose surname I was bearing.. Father's or husband grin

At the end, I got very angry and told them how unimpressed I was with their level of service. Upon how much money sef? So if I had had big money there, they won't give me o. Or they would have delayed me for one week before giving me my own money. I told them that was my first time withdrawing and even entering their banking hall and it was going to be my last!
To summarize, they finally gave me my small money after much stress and delay. This morning I took out my remaining change there using airtime purchase. I have no business with FCMB again. I have never experienced this kind of rubbish with even older generation banks. Even bigger banks than them pay over the counter without hassles if you don't have or want an ATM card. Who are they? angry

I will open another Zenith Account for my savings. I can't shout!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Medium Sized Supermarket Or A Standard Men's Salon? My Budget Is 1M / Naira Overvalued By 20%, Says IMF / A Friend Referred Me For A Contract, I Gave Him 10% But He Wants More. (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.