Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,603 members, 7,958,843 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:15 AM

Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos (5550 Views)

Why Are Nigerian Music Videos Better Than The Home Movies? / For Latest Naija Entertainment Gist/latest Naija Music Free Download / Watch All Latest Hiphop/rap/r&b Music Videos Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by Brownteeth(m): 10:14am On Jun 06, 2010
We can easily discover that naija music videos are fast improving and catching up to standard. The video effects and tricks are now more sophisticated than before, but the same cannot be said about nollywood videos. The pictures have always poor and the tricks are laughable, but this is an industry that started way back before the music industry and it lags behind. The fast improvement of music videos may be attributed to stiff competition, but why cant this competition play out to generate better quality nollywood videos? So that if the storyline is poor it can be compensated by good pictures.
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by omar22(m): 10:10am On Jun 08, 2010
Spot on,

In the music industry more money is invested in it, a lot of thought goes into it, but the same cannot be said about the movies, I saw a Nollywood movie that they used a toy Helicopter!!!! that crashed into a flowing river that was 2 feet wide, Thats when I gave up, but Musical video's theirs been a lot of creativity and they are improving by the day,
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by olayiwola9(m): 11:48pm On Jun 09, 2010
dont even tink about it with capital on the block. 9ja movies doesnt even make sense i wonda wat a 9ja cartoon would look like.
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by tosinaded(m): 9:01am On Jun 10, 2010
u know sometimes i see sum stuvs in our music videos and am like waoh so this sh.it can be done in naija!
why not our movies?
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by obinna5000(m): 12:22pm On Jun 10, 2010
The Nigerian music videos have better quality than the Nigerian movies.
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by semid4lyfe(m): 9:56am On Jun 11, 2010
Some of these muzic videos cost more to make than the home videos.
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by eloii: 11:53am On Jun 11, 2010
I prefer watching Naija Music dan Naija Video. The background is uncompilable, d same with the making. If u watch the Naija Nollywood nowadays it is made in Ghana.
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by hatch: 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2010
Ok, seems you guys want to compare a 5 minute video shoot production with a full length film that is at least 90 minutes long. Again there is certainly no need for comparison because its basic simple common sense to note that shooting a movie is in no way comparable to shooting a short 5 minute musical video.

I accept that Nollywood indeed churns out craps in their numbers calling them movies,but the fact is that we all know that these guys contend with against all odds they deliver something that still makes them some sort of local champions within the entire African coast.

Musical videos are no doubt getting better by the day in Nigeria but to be frank these musical videos are basically just very colorful due to the use of the HD cams and probably very good video editing and effects but thats as good as they get nowadays. If you ask me i don't really see anything new in these much touted musical videos any longer. Capital Pictures seems to have their exhausted their box of ideas and creativity,while the other musical video directors are trying hard to be Clarence Peters,

My honest 2 cents undecided
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by Djswaggz(m): 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Some of these muzic videos cost more to make than the home videos.

grin grin grin True
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by Djswaggz(m): 12:18pm On Jun 11, 2010
hatch#:

Ok, seems you guys want to compare a 5 minute video shoot production with a full length film that is at least 90 minutes long. Again there is certainly no need for comparison because its basic simple common sense to note that shooting a movie is in no way comparable to shooting a short 5 minute musical video.

I accept that Nollywood indeed churns out craps in their numbers calling them movies,but the fact is that we all know that these guys contend with against all odds they deliver something that still makes them some sort of local champions within the entire African coast.

Musical videos are no doubt getting better by the day in Nigeria but to be frank these musical videos are basically just very colorful due to the use of the HD cams and probably very good video editing and effects but thats as good as they get nowadays. If you ask me i don't really see anything new in these much touted musical videos any longer. Capital Pictures seems to have their exhausted their box of ideas and creativity,while the other musical video directors are trying hard to be Clarence Peters,

Guy. . . Do you know the effort that goes into production of that 5min video? Multiply that effort into 90mins, you would see that our Nollywood Producers are very lazy and are not ready to put that much of an effort. Fine, Money fit no dey but dem storyline and simple effects of either shooting or even dying can be so laughable. Even if it is only increasing the picture quality, WE NO MIND!! S*** grin angry angry angry
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by eros(m): 12:21pm On Jun 11, 2010
There is absolutely no basis for comparison because the Naija music videos is far ahead the Nollywood videos and the reason is simply because of greed of the producers in Nollywood who want to maximize profit by producing rubbish.
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by newdeal(m): 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2010
Nollywood bashing, not again!!
Let those who can do it better take up the challenge and bring out better movies from Nigeria, instead of all these endless assault on the efforts of a few who are not doing things right in the Nigerian movie industry.
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by phuckNL: 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2010
Djswaggz:

Guy. . . Do you know the effort that goes into production of that 5min video? Multiply that effort into 90mins, you would see that our Nollywood Producers are very lazy and are not ready to put that much of an effort. Fine, Money fit no dey but dem storyline and simple effects of either shooting or even dying can be so laughable. Even if it is only increasing the picture quality, WE NO MIND!! S*** grin angry angry angry

Arrant nonseeeensssse. How many nigerians are ready to spend money to buy quality movies. If nollywood spends money on their movies and tell folks to churn out 5000 naira for a copy, will people buy it? You want quality movies, yet you are only willing to pay 150 naira. Keep dreaming.
Nollywood is doing the best they can with the current constraints.
Musicians can afford to spend money on their videos because it gets them popularity and this means more "shows" for them and hence more income.

Kunle afolayan spent over 50 million bucks in making his movie. How many of you went to see the movie in the theatres?
DO NOT EXPECT QUALITY IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO PAY FOR IT.
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by fesse(f): 12:49pm On Jun 11, 2010
[suThere is absolutely no basis for comparison because the Naija music videos is far ahead the Nollywood videos and the reason is simply because of greed of the producers in Nollywood who want to maximize profit by producing rubbish.b]

You said it all. Nollywood is full of shit.
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by Cogito(m): 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2010
phuck_NL:

Kunle afolayan spent over 50 million bucks in making his movie. How many of you went to see the movie in the theatres?

Dude speaks the truth.

hatch#:

Forget the complex effects that some of these music video have and go back to basics and you'll see that by and large the majority of Nollywood movies are far below mediocre. Simple tenants of filming: Camera Angle, Shot, Movement and Position can be used to enhance a great number of Nollywood films. Even if you're using a camcorder you can still make it visually appealing by playing around with those tenants I've mentioned, and that's before you even get to editing the film.
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by ohisng(m): 2:03pm On Jun 11, 2010
How can anyone even think of comparing them? Nollywood is crap plain and simple!
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by reindeer: 2:24pm On Jun 11, 2010
Fact is those watching the poo videos don't know any better and are not demanding for such.
Music videos are don by folks who know and appreciate quality, you cant compare a DJ tee,Clarence peters to any of the half educated folks making the sick movies
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by Tcrack(m): 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2010
piracy piracy piracy.
am not trying to make any excuse for the home video makers but unlike the artist who have other avanues of making money eg.:shows, record sales, coperate sponsorship, the movie makes rely solely on sale and the pirates are making that impossible. beside if they shot a film hollywood standard and demanded hollywood price per copy ,how many of you cheap critics will buy?
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by DisGuy: 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2010
Tcrack:

piracy piracy piracy.
am not trying to make any excuse for the home video makers but unlike the artist who have other avanues of making money eg.:shows, record sales, coperate sponsorship, the movie makes rely solely on sale and the pirates are making that impossible. beside if they shot a film hollywood standard and demanded hollywood price per copy ,how many of you cheap critics  will buy?

well true

But if you can make a Hollywood standard film you wont be putting it straight onto DVD will ya? You will be taking it to the cinemas across the country/continent and that where you make your money!!

those producers are greedy and in a rush most of the time, the wnat to wrap up a film in 2-3 weeks, they still cant get the volume right, they still don't understand we dont want to hear the barking dog or the crazy generator used outside, its about time they start listening to criticism or even partnering with music producers instead of using the smae lame excuse of piracy and price people are willing to pay, if the all collectively adjust their price and some pirating each others movie then people will buy at a good price
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by jokingmary(m): 3:21pm On Jun 11, 2010
I've always noticed it
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by omar22(m): 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2010
Guy. . . Do you know the effort that goes into production of that 5min video? Multiply that effort into 90mins,

Oh please!!!! Musical video has a lot of editing, Choreograph, arrangement sound editing, costume etc, a Nollywood movie is just your camera, and you remembering your lines, I have seen a nollywood movie been shot before!!! so unprofessional
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by H3LLBOY: 4:05pm On Jun 11, 2010
sometimes i wonder if these producers and directors do not watch foreign movies.
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by Djswaggz(m): 5:03pm On Jun 11, 2010
phuck_NL:

Arrant nonseeeensssse. How many nigerians are ready to spend money to buy quality movies. If nollywood spends money on their movies and tell folks to churn out 5000 naira for a copy, will people buy it? You want quality movies, yet you are only willing to pay 150 naira. Keep dreaming.
Nollywood is doing the best they can with the current constraints.
Musicians can afford to spend money on their videos because it gets them popularity and this means more "shows" for them and hence more income.

Speak for yourself on willingness to pay for quality. . .  I am ready to pay for it if itz worth it.
Like someone said, forget the complex effects u see in music videos. Even the basic ones are messed up.  Scripts are badly written most times. To say Nollywood is doing their best, is to berate the creativity that God has given to man. GoSH.
On the Araromire issue, I went to see it. SO SPEAK FOR URSEF. Mschewwwwwww
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by wazobiang: 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2010
u no know? naija home video industry is dominated by dumb people. while the music industry is mainly manned by young enterprising people who are not afraind to try any new technology or system.
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by creamofluv: 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2010
The likes of capital video production, DJ Tee Productions will charge atleast 4 million naira for a music shoot, but you can't say that to the movie side of it, as Brother BELLO want to spend half a million naira on a movie project. It doesn't work that way.

over 20 movies comes out a week, why can't they put all the movie project money together and shoot one very good movie, If musicians can spend over 4 million naira on 3-5 mins video, I don't see why movie directors cant spend double the amount.
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by phuckNL: 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2010
Djswaggz:

Speak for yourself on willingness to pay for quality. . . I am ready to pay for it if itz worth it.
Like someone said, forget the complex effects u see in music videos. Even the basic ones are messed up. Scripts are badly written most times. To say Nollywood is doing their best, is to berate the creativity that God has given to man. GoSH.
On the Araromire issue, I went to see it. SO SPEAK FOR URSEF. Mschewwwwwww

It's not a question of "speaking for myself". There is available data to back up my statement. Okay, you went to see Araromire, how about the remaining millions who prefer to buy pirated cds. Do you expect producers to make quality 100 million naira movies just so that Djswaggz and a handful of other nigerians can come and watch it? I am not making excuses for Nollywood, i'm only saying the environment this movie makers work in is harsh.
How many theatres do we have in Nigeria? Probably less than 15 in the entire nation. How do you expect them to make quality movies since majority of their films have to go straight to DVD. If they depended solely on cinema movies, they would be bankrupt. The nigerian environment does not provide for quality movies to be made.

Someone made a comment about "useless scripts". Why would anyone sit down to write a good script if they don't expect a good return on their investment. Good scripts require time, dedication and "PEPPER". James Cameron spent over 4yrs preparing for AVATAR.
Do you expect Tunde Kelani or one of the big name movie producers to sit down, for 6months or year making a movie that will only yield peanuts?
Nigerians do not want quality movies. If we did, we would have stopped patronizing PIRATES
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by samnaija: 6:17pm On Jun 11, 2010
the name homevideos is always used for nollywood, so nairaland decipher videos made at home simple english. any one  can make a homevideo, u can even use pnone to shoot izaga3 or deadly affair 4. the momement they are serious about making films they will drop the tag homevideos, and save us from national disgrace. musicals are far advanced
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by DisGuy: 6:35pm On Jun 11, 2010
phuck_NL:

It's not a question of "speaking for myself". There is available data to back up my statement. Okay, you went to see Araromire, how about the remaining millions who prefer to buy pirated cds. Do you expect producers to make quality 100 million naira movies just so that Djswaggz and a handful of other nigerians can come and watch it? I am not making excuses for Nollywood, i'm only saying the environment this movie makers work in is harsh.
How many theatres do we have in Nigeria? Probably less than 15 in the entire nation. How do you expect them to make quality movies since majority of their films have to go straight to DVD. If they depended solely on cinema movies, they would be bankrupt. The nigerian environment does not provide for quality movies to be made.

Someone made a comment about "useless scripts". Why would anyone sit down to write a good script if they don't expect a good return on their investment. Good scripts require time, dedication and "PEPPER". James Cameron spent over 4yrs preparing for AVATAR.
Do you expect Tunde Kelani or one of the big name movie producers to sit down, for 6months or year making a movie that will only yield peanuts?
Nigerians do not want quality movies. If we did, we would have stopped patronizing PIRATES

you argument on this is true but getting very narrow, it's akin to saying Nigerians dont like painting their houses because they dont want to be robbed

You have to remember that in other parts of the world people have always bought pirated movies!! And in fact, piracy is a bigger problem to Hollywood than to Nigeria considering the many avenue used- the chinese in the barber shops, the internet, cinema recording and leaks that are all easily available before the films are even released!!

Most nigeria DVD cost about N250, how much exactly do pirated videos go for?
the lose in my opinion is amongst the so called marketers, distributors and producers themselves- they are all dodgy agents, the have distribution outlets and VCD copying machines everywhere

the problem is the laziness of the producers and distributors, they are not exactly well educated in the business many of them are opportunist that want to make quick money instead of coming together to work out ways of fighting piracy they are busy fighting for chairmanship of one board membership or the other
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by hackney(m): 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2010
Naija music hands down.
No long grammar there.

Testing microphone e , terry G testing microphone e.
e get as e dey do me e, oh lord e e.
Free me naa!! . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by sulad82i(m): 10:49pm On Jun 11, 2010
Geez, what nonsense is this. How could you compare those 2.
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by youfreshie: 10:52pm On Jun 11, 2010
dont even tink about it with capital on the block.  9ja movies doesnt even make sense i wonda wat a 9ja cartoon would look like.

Lol, word but some nigerian movies are interesting. The ones where they go to a witch doctor and they have a certain amount of time left to live or where the mum poisons her son's girlfriend's food and the son ends up eating it.

Imo I think english music videos are the best. American ones just have sex sex sex and more sex in it. It gets boring.
Re: Nollywood Videos Vs Naija Music Videos by mamagee3(f): 11:05pm On Jun 11, 2010
I prefer the Nollywood Videos to the Nigerian Music Videos.

The music videos are garbage. . .I mean crap.

I would rather listen to the music on audio.
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gotv Just Release Free To Air Local Channels. / Link To Download Passion Of Christ / This GEJ Sef: To Invest $200 Million In Film Industry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.