Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate (985 Views)

Police Kill Suspected Kidnapper, Arrests 5 Others In Imo - Pictures / Anambra Police Command Parades 122 Persons For Various Crimes - Pictures / Awuzie Duru: Policeman Shoots Boy Dead For Retaliating After He Slapped Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate by Bhelamblog(m): 7:21am On Jun 26, 2018
The Nigerian army has arrested five persons for setting a Fulani community, Dakali, ablaze in Adamawa as reprisal after suspected herdsmen attacked Dowayan village in Demsa Local Government Area of the state.

All five persons were arrested by troops of the 23 Brigade of the Nigerian Army which is based in Yola.

They are believed to have set the Fulani settlement on fire in reprisal for the attack on Dowaya in which at least 18 people were killed.

According to a colonel with the 23 Brigade, the suspect were sighted by the soldiers setting the buildings in the community of fire and apprehended with items, including one local pistol.

Other items recovered from them are a knife, four mobile phones, one empty 10-litre jerrican and more.

Gossip From Ebiwali---
http://www.ebiwalisgossip.com/2018/06/military-arrests-5-persons-for.html

Cc; Lalasticlala

After arresting the suspects, the troops handed them to the Adamawa State Police Command for further investigation.

Re: Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate by youngest85(m): 7:23am On Jun 26, 2018
What a country

If I have my way, I will never travel out of this country, not even with free visa
Re: Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate by hisgrace090: 7:24am On Jun 26, 2018
Now I know that the military sees all the killing going on but choose to remain silent because the Fulani's are the one in action.
Re: Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate by iammo(m): 7:25am On Jun 26, 2018
Military taking sides,

2 Likes

Re: Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate by Smartei(m): 7:29am On Jun 26, 2018
There was a country...
Re: Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate by Donald95(m): 7:29am On Jun 26, 2018
Next time Another Nnamdi Kanu rises, don't ever take his words for granted, don't ever say it is an Igbo thing.

Haven't you people noticed the increased rate of killings since his demise. Anyway GOOD MORNING GOWON

2 Likes

Re: Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate by Jabioro: 7:34am On Jun 26, 2018
"Ours" Millitary are doing wonderful..they sighted them with empty jerrican,but their eagle eyes can not see a single fulani men killing their host community.What a wonderous commendable action...l no wan cry again..but my soul weeps for this bleep nation.

2 Likes

Re: Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate by skedman(m): 7:42am On Jun 26, 2018
iammo:
Military taking sides,
it is so glaring that you are among the problem of this country
What is the wayforward
they arrested some suspect you are complaining if they dont wahala
the government said ranching you people said you dont want .
Re: Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate by chichar1(f): 8:00am On Jun 26, 2018
skedman:
What is the wayforward
common get away from here!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate by iammo(m): 8:18am On Jun 26, 2018
skedman:
What is the wayforward

You really amuse me, I will give you my detailed analysis on this subject and a solution in my opinion (kindly note I have my roots from southwest and north central and am a proud Muslim :

From history the first case of farmer/herder clash started during the colonial days and grazing reserves and grazing routes was allocated far away from civilization. The British royal company (handlers of norther protectorate) made any trangressing herder pay for any demages and purnished accordingly. Subsiquently after the brithish left ,the unruly herders started violently pushing boundaries inward with little or no consiquencies, from there on things started getting quite bloody with Fulani targeting the most fertile lands around benue, jos kogi and its environs.

Now to mordern day: I put the question to you; is the life of a cow worth more than a human?
Don't benue people have the fundermental human right to life ?
Should a life be threatened constantly don't you have the right to protect yourself using all nessary force?
Should an institution been heavily funded by resources and VAT and other taxes from the south be partisan?

Now in conclusion: the serious solution isn't about arresting four youths, you start by conducting an arms mop up exercise on the herdsmen, you deploy all surveillance tactics to spot all herdsmen and direct the ground troops to disarm them, tag and label all life stocks identify all herders with a serial number
After that get them lands far from civilization and give them jurisdiction each herder can graze

1 Like

Re: Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate by SalamRushdie: 9:26am On Jun 26, 2018
TY Danjuma said it ooo
Re: Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate by Ogonimilitant(m): 9:30am On Jun 26, 2018
The Pharoah who does not Joseph will soon be in Aso rock.
That is my message to Fulani heardsmen
Re: Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate by Nobody: 9:58am On Jun 26, 2018
sad
Re: Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate by Alexis04: 11:59am On Jun 26, 2018
Ogonimilitant:
The Pharoah who does not Joseph will soon be in Aso rock.
That is my message to Fulani heardsmen

Plz check ur inbox and reply. Thanks.
Re: Military Arrests 5 Persons For Retaliating After Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Plate by Blackfire(m): 12:23pm On Jun 26, 2018
I advice the army to deal with them..

(1) (Reply)

Mom Shoots Man In The Head Trying To Steal Children (photo) / Woman Sentenced To Death For Stubbing Boyfriend 22 Times and Killing him / Custom Officer Just Killed A Nigerian Citizen Along Ore Benin Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.