Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack (1043 Views)

1 Officer, 4 Civilians Killed As Gunmen Open Fire On Police Convoy In Bayelsa / Two Soldiers, Civilians Killed In Kaduna By Suspected Bandits / 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by phreakabitoo: 8:25am On Jun 26, 2018
BAMAKO: At least 32 civilians were killed and 10 are missing following an attack in central Mali, believed to have been carried out by traditional hunters, local officials said Sunday, as the government said 16 bodies had been found.

Armed Dozo hunters, linked to the Dogon ethnic group, were suspected of ambushing the isolated village of Koumaga in the Mopti region on Saturday, killing dozens of Fulani herders, including children.

"They surrounded the village, separated the Fulani people from the others and killed at least 32 civilians in cold blood," said Abdoul Aziz Diallo, president of the local Tabital Pulaaku association, adding that 10 others were missing.

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/32-fulani-civilians-killed-in-mali-attack-local-group-1872714
Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by phreakabitoo: 8:25am On Jun 26, 2018
My observation of the subject matter above from the article..

1, The Bambara and Dogon ethnic groups accuse the pastoralists (Fulani) of colluding with jihadists and letting them into Mali.

2, In my opinion the words of one of the Fulani tribes men, seems to suggest that indeed a large amount of them, albiet not all are Terrorist's..

"What is happening is very serious. We must avoid confusion. Just because we are Fulani does not mean we are terrorists," said Diallo.

3, Additional evidence to buttress my previous claims about most being terrorists.

On May 19 a Malian soldier and at least 12 other people were killed in violence that occurred during an army patrol through a market.
The army said the 12 were "terrorists" who had been "neutralised", but local residents said they were civilians.

4, Here is the most interesting part for me. . .

The extremists were largely driven out in a French-led military operation launched in January 2013.

Now see this thread, notice the date of the first attack? :
https://www.nairaland.com/4276277/timeline-marauding-herdsmen-attacks-benue
Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by Mynd44: 8:26am On Jun 26, 2018
The world has gone crazy
Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by Aquariann: 8:32am On Jun 26, 2018
Nobody wants the herders. The world has gone past the culture of moving herds of cattle from one place to another, and destroying people's farmlands.

The Fulani leaders all over West Africa must as a matter of urgency begin to adapt to and incorporate modern ranching as a way of life.

2 Likes

Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:45am On Jun 26, 2018
HMMM
Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:50am On Jun 26, 2018
lzaa immhotep OZAOEKPE major466

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:52am On Jun 26, 2018
phreakabitoo:
My observation of the subject matter above..

1, The Bambara and Dogon ethnic groups accuse the pastoralists of colluding with jihadists.

2, In my opinion the words of one of the Fulani tribes men, seems to suggest that indeed a large amount of them, albiet not all are Terrorist's..

3, Additional evidence to buttress my previous claims about most being terrorists.

4, Here is the most interesting part for me. . .

Now see this thread, notice the date of the first attack? :

Hmmm, this is expository right here, quite the eye opener, we need more people on Nairaland to see this. The jihadi fulanis were chased out of Mali in January 2013 and according to the timeline here https://www.nairaland.com/4276277/timeline-marauding-herdsmen-attacks-benue a month later, they launched their most brazen attack on Nigerian soil. The timeline fits perfectly, some group or groups of people took it upon themselves to use Nigerian soil as a safe haven for the fulanis and look where we are now.

1 Like

Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by adadike(f): 9:01am On Jun 26, 2018
This table that Buhari and his murderous herdsmen brothers are shaking, their extermination letter dey on top! Yes, coz the hatred they are brewing for themselves is alarming. Buhari will not be in power forever and even now that he is on seat, there is a limit to which you can push a group of people.

1 Like

Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by somito121(m): 9:02am On Jun 26, 2018
What is difficult like in the case of Nigeria to convert Sambisa forest to a ranch, which would even serve them well. But what do I know when they are hell bent on killing people.
Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by Ebimor96: 9:25am On Jun 26, 2018
Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by Ebimor96: 9:26am On Jun 26, 2018
Mrchippychappy:

Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by Ebimor96: 9:27am On Jun 26, 2018
Mynd44:
The world has gone crazy

Oh yes...the world has really gone crazy, simply because the tables are turning against your beloved Fulanis.

When your dearly beloved Fulanis were busy with the massacre of the citizens and natives of Benue, Enugu, Delta and Plateau States, your comments/opinions were never seen nor heard on Nairaland here.

Rather, you did all you could, as a Nairaland moderator, to stifle and shout down those of us who dared to wail and grieve over the ongoing genocides in the Middle Belt by either with bans or deletion of our comments.

Karma is always a bitch, be rest assured.

Have me banned, I care less

6 Likes

Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by orisa37: 9:41am On Jun 26, 2018
Who are The Fulanis?
Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by LZAA: 10:33am On Jun 26, 2018
Mrchippychappy:

U cannot cause trouble and have peace na

2 Likes

Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by phreakabitoo: 10:41am On Jun 26, 2018
LZAA:

U cannot cause trouble and have peace na

Read the post again.
You'd understand what is going on in the country

2 Likes

Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by phreakabitoo: 10:44am On Jun 26, 2018
maestroferdi mikeweezy Jax1 EternalTruths
Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by LZAA: 10:53am On Jun 26, 2018
phreakabitoo:

Read the post again.
You'd understand what is going on in the country

Re: 32 Fulani Civilians Killed In Mali Attack by Seanjay(m): 3:41pm On Jun 28, 2018
all i see is the end time the bible promised, God has told us he will not end the world with fire nor with water anymore all i see he is using war to end this world finally, cause i can assure you war is coming my people brace yourselves for the END OF THE WORLD weve been hearing since we were kids.... it is here wake up.... not trying to be bias or bigotry but Muslims will end the World has have always told people around me... go and check again the countries that are Muslims Domicile they gave them the Quran or Sword Treatments... They will try to own the world and thats how the war will start.... they convert people with force before and thats what they are trying to do again... THE WORLD NEED TO WAKE UP BEFORE IT TOO LATE AND VATICAN AND OTHER POWERFUL CHRISTIAN COUNTRIES NEED TO RISE... MY TWO CENTS

(1) (Reply)

See What Happened At Alex Badeh Burial Today Will Shock You / Lady Runs Mad After Forceful Pant Gift From Boyfriend / Woman Paraded For Stealing A Bunch Of Unripe Banana (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.