Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,205 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" (39200 Views)

Georgina Onuoha Slams Prince Kpokpogri Over Tonto Dikeh's Leaked Voice Clip / Kiki Osinbajo: "I Am Not As Short As I Look In These Photos" / Georgina Onuoha Wears Bra Top In New Selfie (2) (3) (4)

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by Nukualofa: 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2018
ajebuter:

That is one of the tenets of democracy: Freedom of speech and opinion..

Ever heard of democracy, dearie?
She is one of those that live on yahoo boys so don't bother yourself with her

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by resurgent2019: 12:14pm On Jun 26, 2018
ebbo:
For those of us that ply the road to Jos often, we understand what it takes to get trapped in those senseless violence, so much that it has become the usual practice that on approaching Jos, we send out a call to those living inside it to find out whether it is safe to proceed.

Some years ago, my sister and uncle were caught up in that unfortunate chaos. They were fortunate enough to escape (out of luck) to the Muslim quarter of Bukuru town. If they had escaped to the wrong location or belong to a different faith, their fate will completely be different.

In the university in 2008, my room-mate had the unimaginable misfortune of losing his father in the conflict. His parents were caught in the unfortunate chaos, father and mother separated. The fact he was a Yoruba man did not apply. All his killers cared was that he was a Muslim and therefore guilty and condemned to die in their hands.

At Secondary School in the early 2000s, I was moved to tears when a Fulani classmate narrated how he lost three generations of his family in Heipang. Their family had lived there for generations only for them to be wiped out in a single surge of violence. His escape was only a miracle. His mother who was lucky to be away for a wedding fainted at the sight of him because his funeral rites were already conducted in absentia, having thought to have shared the terrible fate of his other family members.

All the individuals mentioned in the above instances may be reading this post. I have known real people who have been slaughtered while passing through Jos. I could be one of them, given a different quirk of fate. My family members could also be victims, God forbid!

As a result, there is the tendency for someone like me to see the conflict through those lenses, that my people are the victims and the 'other side' is the perpetrator. The same way someone whose local community in Plateau live in constant fear of invasion and attack by armed marauders, where local people could not farm their lands in peace or carry on with life in security and safety will see his people as sole victims and others as perpetrators.

That is how one-sided, mutually rejecting narratives set back the wheel of reconciliation. The crises in Plateau is so muddled up that it is now completely detached from its root causes. It first began as local politics borne out of ethnic and sectarian political struggle between the so called Hausa settlers and the native Beroms in Jos North.

For long, the Fulani, who have a long history of cultural intercourse with those local communities are kept out of those conflicts. It was until the Shendam anti-Fulani pogrom that the Fulani was brought into the equation, and from that, cycles of reprisals and counter-reprisals have so distorted the reality on ground, bringing a dominant ethnic and sectarian narrative to the fore.

That makes peace even difficult. Because all sides have genuine grievances, all sides have genuine complaints of victimhood. The first step towards peace is not in apportioning blame, the first step towards peace is in accepting that all sides have a point and that peace is possible only through dialogue and not further confrontation.

The Jos conflict is different from Boko Haram or even rural banditry where the enemy can be criminalized and targeted. In an ethnic or sectarian conflict, you cannot criminalize an entire ethnic or sectarian group. And above all, you cannot enforce peace by sheer use of force. Force should only be used to create an enabling environment for reconciliation and dialogue.

I know some may feel force alone could do this, but if that's possible, we will not be where we are today. Obasanjo declared a state of emergency but the killing still continued. Since 1999, the Plateau conflict continues under four successive Nigerian presidents, two Muslim, two Christians. If it were a Muslim conspiracy, the two Christian presidents would have stopped it. Likewise if it were a Christian conspiracy, the tw

What we christians want is simple: The regime of General Buhari should stop killing northern Christians. Cest fini!

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by Nukualofa: 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2018
BabaO2:
Her opinion is not different to same ibo mentality both home and abroad, inherent lack of home training and forming on what they know nothing or little about.
May your family suffer same fate that Plateau are going through while we sympathise with you out of respect

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 26, 2018
The Gods, can not do for Man, what Man can do for himself.

Use the same force you used in killing and beating 'unarmed' IPOBians, to 'handle' the 'armed' Fulani Herdsmen

YET

Osinbanjo, a Pastor and a Southerner, prefers Mass Burial Condolences and sees nothing wrong in telling the man he is a Vice to, to use the same military which worked on IPOB for these mass murderers.

There is no country here, and I am no longer a Nigerian. I denounced Sovereign Citizenship of Nigeria, I am an Earth Domiciled Spirit now. grin

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by Nukualofa: 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2018
Abagworo:
Nonsense talk from an ignorant lady.
Chino Omanbala Freeglobe globe money achi4u come and carry our grandad still living with his parent out of here.

One iberibe ka I bu

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by blossomjohn: 12:19pm On Jun 26, 2018
why is she attacking œnly the VP? Besides deploying the military cannot be done over night. I believe the gov't is already taking the necessary steps to tackle the situation.
Amagite2:
From; Amagitesblog.com

U.S Nigerian actress, Georgina Onuoha has slammed vice president Yemi Osibanjo, for saying there will be resettlement and rehabilitation for farmers to go back to their farmlands in Plateau.

Osinbajo on Monday, visited Plateau following attacks that left scores of people dead.

Read her post below...

"I can not believe that this man is a pastor and now the Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Prof Osinbano @profosinbajo , you can not serve God and Man at the same time. If the root cause of these senseless killings are not addressed it will keep repeating itself. It’s been blood bathe since this your regime because we are no longer in a democratic nation so I won’t call it administration. Resettlement and rehabilitation of these farmers is not going to stop these hoodlums from invading again. What happened to using the full force of the Nigerian arm forces to fight against these killers. If the non violent protesters of the Biafra agitators are met with killings and beatings by the Nigerian Army and armed forces ordered by your regime, what happened to using that same forces in tackling this menace ravaging our nation. It is time you begin to speak truth to power. Enough is a Enough. Extending your condolences will not change anything. Protect Nigerians with your military and save them from these herdsmen killing them.
You pastors in Nigeria have bastardized religion in Nigeria that even the people have become docile to fake miracles and prayers.
Fellow Nigerians, go and get your PVC, fasting and prayer points will not count. Only your votes will count. God will not do for man what he has given Man the ability to do for himself. Your vote is your power. They’ve used Cambridge Analytical to sow religious tensions and hate amongst us, so that their divide and conquer strategy will work. Don’t allow it this time around. Go and get your PVC. Enough is Enough. Our hearts are with the Plateau State
"

https://www.amagitesblog.com/2018/06/i-can-not-believe-that-this-man-is-a-pastor-actress-georgina-onuoha-slams-vp-osinbajo.html

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by BabaO2: 12:20pm On Jun 26, 2018
Nukualofa:
May your family suffer same fate that Plateau are going through while we sympathise with you out of respect
you see yourself, inherent lack of home training, the first thing that can come out of your mouth is to abuse one's family, you can never grow. May your wish backfire on you in multiple of folds.
Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by Nukualofa: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2018
BabaO2:
you see yourself, inherent lack of home training, the first thing that can come out of your mouth is to abuse one's family, you can never grow. May your wish backfire on you in multiple of folds.
You attacked a tribe and you didn't feel any remorse now when I offered a prayer to your family you started crying.

May Fulani herdsmen visit your family while we Igbo's type with respect to admonish them

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by Eziokwugbaoto: 12:25pm On Jun 26, 2018
CecyAdrian:
Every tom,dick and Harry now have an opinion and without respect
That's why it is called democracy dear.

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by unipol(m): 12:29pm On Jun 26, 2018
Pastors are criminals
Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by resurgent2019: 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2018
unipol:
Pastors are criminals

Not all bro, not all.

Osinbajo is just too greedy to resign. Under normal circumstances, he should have resigned or indicated his intention not to seek re-election a long time ago.

He has disappointed himself and his flock. embarassed

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by obowunmi(m): 12:34pm On Jun 26, 2018
Terrorist Osinbajo isn't a pastor. He is a Boko Horam slave.

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by flames01: 12:38pm On Jun 26, 2018
CecyAdrian:

To people like you, anything called a pastor must be worshipped. You are fertile ground for a pastor's deception

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by Ugosample(m): 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2018
thesicilian:

In a sane society, "every Tom, Dick and Harry" is entitled to an opinion.

That concept is too big for her to comprehend.

Afterall, that person must have spent his or her whole life neck deep in that shithole called Nigeria

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by Jonra(m): 12:41pm On Jun 26, 2018
What does it cost you to be gentle and respectful?

You could have at least given the lady in question benefit of doubt knowing that she doesn't have the wealth of information you do on military intervention in these farmer/herdsmen crises (assuming your statements are true). Or maybe, it's the impertinent taste of her post that riles you?

Whatever it be, you flashed your tribalist colours, showing your capacity to overgeneralize.

Next time, kindly practice your love for 'critical thinking' and make your argument without ad hominem attacks or fallacy of hasty generalization. Respect people!

SternProphet:
This point that the solution is to use the ..."full force of the police to fight against Fulani herdsmen"..only Nigerians think that way.

Nigerian brains are a little demented due to a faulty educational system. What exactly is happening now?. Are we fighting herdsmen with 50% of force?. Rubbish.

I don't like being tribslistic but the way our brothers and sisters from the East think is a little below standard.
Nigeria now has up to 20000 men deployed against so called herdsmen. The Nigeria Airforce is actually looking for and bombing these guys in the bush ( which fact may even actually be illegal), I know of Navy Special forces, NAF special forces deployed. The Civil Defence corps is scrambling for money to form Agro rangers to protect against clashes but it takes a South Easterner to make the redundant point that full force should be deployed. So we are bombing all terroristic herdsmen as we speak. I am not sure we ever got to the stage of deploying Airforce against IPOB.

They are already killing the terrorists in the bush. Also there are terrorists on both sides and even the terrorists and militias formed by the farmers will also be killed.

To suggest that a VP should not do his job to resettle families displayed quickly with new homes in protected neighbourhoods because we should be waiting for another "full force" of the Nigeria Police is this same demented thinking.
Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by Pameladenola: 12:42pm On Jun 26, 2018
We really need to stop attacking the Vice President for every single thing that happens in the country. These killings are senseless and have been going on within these communities for forever, yes maybe they have not been as brutal or as public as this one, but still, they have been happening.

Yes, the government needs to find lasting solutions to these pointless killing (i.e the Ranching law they are trying to implement), but as always, we are our own problem in this country. Instead of us to see reason with why ranching would solve the problem of these people finding their way to your state, we are here insulting people.

We have for way too long blamed the government for all our problems and that's fine, after all, na you get your mouth. But going as far as bringing his faith into question is a bit unfair, don't you think?

Dear trolls, I dare you to come at me with your stupidity.
Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by Boss13: 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2018
CecyAdrian:

You are a mad person if you think citizens cannot speak up when senseless mass killings occur on a daily basis and law enforcement do nothing about it.

In fact you are VERY mad.

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by BrownRoofRep: 12:44pm On Jun 26, 2018
CecyAdrian:
You should be ashamed of your brainless self.
Anu!

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2018
CecyAdrian:

Shithead

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by Myself2(m): 12:49pm On Jun 26, 2018
CecyAdrian:

Exactly , ignorant half educated sissy's like you now have an opinion

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by samtol4(m): 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2018
princeade86:
he tell u say he be pastor? prof osibanjo is d most useless VP Nigeria will ever have.
Kindly name any VP president in Nigerian history who was useful ?
Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by allstarfestus: 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2018
CecyAdrian:
. ... I can see that you are one of the blood taste Fulani herdsmen ...idiot like you should know that every one that is a Nigerian or even foreigner's should have an opinion , because this is human life , and there playing politic with ...

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by Akuoma4911: 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2018
CecyAdrian:
mad man... you such a senseless slowpoke
who is suffering from mental deficiency
am allergic to cowardice
and right now all i can see is ''a coward'' who is so scared of speaking the truth
i pity you ape

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by CaptainG00D: 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2018
CecyAdrian:

Ur brain is paining u.. Dont worry fulaniheards will soon knock on ur door

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by beautyhound(m): 12:56pm On Jun 26, 2018
CecyAdrian:

m sure u did ds to b mentioned. Pls I wud like to examine ur brain after u die b4 ur time...

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by ozodigboo(m): 12:58pm On Jun 26, 2018
SternProphet:
This point that the solution is to use the ..."full force of the police to fight against Fulani herdsmen"..only Nigerians think that way.

Nigerian brains are a little demented due to a faulty educational system. What exactly is happening now?. Are we fighting herdsmen with 50% of force?. Rubbish.

I don't like being tribslistic but the way our brothers and sisters from the East think is a little below standard.
Nigeria now has up to 20000 men deployed against so called herdsmen. The Nigeria Airforce is actually looking for and bombing these guys in the bush ( which fact may even actually be illegal), I know of Navy Special forces, NAF special forces deployed. The Civil Defence corps is scrambling for money to form Agro rangers to protect against clashes but it takes a South Easterner to make the redundant point that full force should be deployed. So we are bombing all terroristic herdsmen as we speak. I am not sure we ever got to the stage of deploying Airforce against IPOB.

They are already killing the terrorists in the bush. Also there are terrorists on both sides and even the terrorists and militias formed by the farmers will also be killed.

To suggest that a VP should not do his job to resettle families displayed quickly with new homes in protected neighbourhoods because we should be waiting for another "full force" of the Nigeria Police is this same demented thinking.
you're an id^ot.
Let's just divide this country abeg.
" we never got airforce against ipob ".....abeg, let me ask you.
HOW MANY PEOPLE DID IPOB KILL ?
it's clear Nigeria can't work....the way some people think baffles me
Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by Iykextian(m): 12:59pm On Jun 26, 2018
Funkoff you stupid specie. Brain dead.
Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by egbuefi: 1:00pm On Jun 26, 2018
CecyAdrian:
What a great pity. Some of us just allow mundane lining and subjective callousness to blind our human sympathy and objective judgment. Well, I 'd rather show respect to human life than to mortal man in transient position of power .

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by eluquenson(m): 1:08pm On Jun 26, 2018
There is nothing surprising about being a pastor, they are mere human being and are bound to commit various atrocities.

In Nigeria, we don't have pastors or whatever you call them but rather ritualist

Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by goodnews777: 1:09pm On Jun 26, 2018
OH ARE you talking about Judas? Modern day judas is osibanjo. He sold his soul a long time ago.
Re: Georgina Onuoha Slams Osinbajo: "I Can't Believe This Man Is A Pastor" by Iykextian(m): 1:12pm On Jun 26, 2018
SternProphet:

I think this trash you posted here suggest ur brain is demented. You are a nigerian, from the same failed system. So all of us are demented, irrational, insane, actually all of us in Nigeria are cannibals including u sir.

Ciara Visits Schools In Lagos Nigeria - Photos / Morakinyo Ninalowo: Bolanle Ninalowo's Son's 10th Birthday (Photo) / Donald Duke Talks About His Visit To Linda Ikeji's Office

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71