Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:08 PM

World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? (3353 Views)

T.B. Joshua’s Isreal Visit Described As Huge Success / Prophet Tommy Yisa Aika Wants N750k To Pray For Super Eagles To Win World Cup / Praying Through The God Of Your Pastor/general Overseer (2) (3) (4)

World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by oooduancalmdown: 10:30pm On Jun 26, 2018
I thought they said God is punishing Argentina because they refused to play friendly match against Isreal? Now Argentina have beaten Nigeria to qualify for round of 16. Africans should stop believing what Europeans and Arabs tell them. Even though I give no fvck about religion, I believe God loves everyone equal. There is no special person or race.

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by resurgent2019: 10:36pm On Jun 26, 2018
I concede defeat. angry

In short, prayer is useless. Hard work and concentration pays. The black man is incapable of concentrating. To be frank, I ain’t proud to be a black man.

Argentina celebrated when we won Iceland because they were so sure they could beat the “black” Africans and they did.

We can only help our children by raising them in stable societies.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by oooduancalmdown: 11:10pm On Jun 26, 2018
resurgent2019:
I concede defeat. angry

In short, prayer I see useless. Hard work and concentration pays. The black man is incapable of concentrating. To be frank, I ain’t proud to be a black man.

Argentina celebrated when we won Iceland because they were so sure they could beat the “black” Africans and they did.

To be sincere with you bro, I did not support Nigeria. I have given up in this country a long time ago, hence, my support for Oodua Republic. Even though I did not support this shytehole, I support Senegal. I am aware of the way 'whites' look down on us. Yesterday, I was watching sky sport when one of the anchor was talking about who England is likely to meet after leaving the group stage. Can you believe this man was talking about Colombia and Japan while ignoring Senegal that can still qualify? The What Senegal need is a draw next tomorrow against colombia so they will qualify for next round to meet Belgium or England, but somehow this British man excluded Senegal. The man just ruled out Senegal like it was nothing. It is painful the way these 'whites' underrate us. We need to prove these people wrong. We need to show them we are not inferior.

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by babasolution: 11:11pm On Jun 26, 2018
exactly,the blackman as consistently disappointed himself,blackmen have failed and continue to fail,we arent serious with anything,this is our biggest flaw,as for prayer issue our parents were deceived and continue to pass this deception to us,blackmen need to begin to examine themselves and make changes

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by greatID: 11:19pm On Jun 26, 2018
oooduancalmdown:
I thought they said God is punishing Argentina because they refused to play friendly match against Isreal? Now Argentina have beaten Nigeria to qualify for round of 16. Africans should stop believing what Europeans and Arabs tell them. Even though I give no fvck about religion, I believe God loves everyone equal. There is no special person or race.
God is also punishing Nigeria because of the killing of innocent citizens.
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by resurgent2019: 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

To be sincere with you bro, I did not support Nigeria. I have given up in this country a long time ago, hence, my support for Oodua Republic. Even though I did not support this shytehole, I support Senegal. I am aware of the way 'whites' look down on us. Yesterday, I was watching sky sport when one of the anchor was talking about who England is likely to meet after leaving the group stage. Can you believe this man was talking about Colombia and Japan while ignoring Senegal that can still qualify? The What Senegal need is a draw next tomorrow against colombia so they will qualify for next round to meet Belgium or England, but somehow this British man excluded Senegal. The man just ruled out Senegal like it was nothing. It is painful the way these 'whites' underrate us. We need to prove these people wrong. We need to show them we are not inferior.

I don’t even know what to say. cry cry cry

We have consistently shown that we are pushovers, so the whites don’t reckon with us or our continent again. This World Cup has been a perfect example of how Africa and Africans have failed to develop at the world stage. Sad.

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by resurgent2019: 11:25pm On Jun 26, 2018
greatID:
God is also punishing Nigeria because of the killing of innocent citizens.

Do you think God has time for that? We are just messed up generally. Our societies are dysfunctional. And the less we call on God, the better. It’s time to know that we are gods too. The book of psalms in the Bible(I can’t remember the verse now) talks about men being gods. We have the power to dominate and subdue the earth.

Read up on satanism and Marilyn Manson. He spoke about something in that regard.

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by Primesky(m): 11:28am On Jun 27, 2018
resurgent2019:
I concede defeat. angry

In short, prayer is useless. Hard work and concentration pays. The black man is incapable of concentrating. To be frank, I ain’t proud to be a black man.

Prayers still work and work perfectly!. Pray for the right things and according to the will of God and see if you won't get results.

It's wrong to judge God's committment to answer prayers by football matches. Football has become an idol for many, so much so they consult mediums and psychics for outcomes. It encourages gambling as well. Then you want God to reinforce it?.

Who even told you the state made about why Argentina lost was from God?. Now you're joining forces with the enemy to dissuade people from praying, why? Because of football!. Are you sure football has not taken away your passion. How frequent and fervently do we pray for lost souls compared to praying for football matches to tickle our fancy. Set your priorities right.

There's nothing wrong with me as a black man. No one can put me down because I'm black. If you accept that as black, you are inferior, then you're inferior. It begins from the mind. However, everything rises and falls on leadership.

God still answers prayers.

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by hopefulLandlord: 11:42am On Jun 27, 2018
where is god of Israel? he's somewhere working in mysterious ways

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 12:43pm On Jun 27, 2018
hopefulLandlord:
Nuisance!!! That's what all of you are. oooduacalmdown, resurgent2019, all nuisance.

I remember when I created the thread on atheistic nuisance and football: https://www.nairaland.com/4403825/atheistic-nuisance-barcelona-chelsea
Ranchhoddas, paxonel, superhumanist, coolUsername, Fegelfire were all yarning dust and saying that's its only football.

Atheists constitute an unnoticeable nuisance and no one really cares about your opinion. Yes Nigerians worked hard and religious people prayed for them. They lost simply because they didn't have the quality. Why bring your nuisance to this simple game undecided

And how about, deluded, ignorant, anti+science, illogical, irrational and delusional Lionel Messi who never works hard but only "depends on God" for miracles and said so publicly yesterday? What's your take on that?

Never mind, No one needs your take, Nigerians prayed, Argentines prayed, a winner emerged from a bitter sweet game. No one really cares about atheists. smiley

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by CAPSLOCKED: 12:49pm On Jun 27, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

MYSTERIOUS WAYS LIKE DISTRIBUTING EBOLA AND MALARIA AMONG KIDS IN EAST AFRICA, GIVING CANCER AND HIV TO NEW BORN BABIES, AND CAUSING ACCIDENTS AND DISASTERS WORLDWIDE.

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 12:52pm On Jun 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

MYSTERIOUS WAYS LIKE DISTRIBUTING EBOLA AND MALARIA AMONG KIDS IN EAST AFRICA, GIVING CANCER AND HIV TO NEW BORN BABIES, AND CAUSING ACCIDENTS AND DISASTERS WORLDWIDE.
You said it in 2016. Still no one cares.

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by superhumanist(m): 1:23pm On Jun 27, 2018
Winner01,

Germany won the last world cup.

Germany is one of the most secular countries in the world

35-36% of Germans are irreligious

51% of German youth are irreligious

Receive sense!

This world cup hasnt ended

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by OkaiCorne(m): 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2018
superhumanist:
Winner01,

Receive sense!

Going by your statistics ...

66-67% of Germans are what?

49% of German youths are what?

Moreover, Israel is a religious country...why aren't they backward like Nigeria?
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by superhumanist(m): 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2018
OkaiCorne:

Going by your statistics ...

66-67% of Germans are what?

49% of German youths are what?

Moreover, Israel is a religious country...why aren't they backward like Nigeria?

It would pay you to do research before coming to argue. Try to understand how these polls on religion are done.

That 35-36% of religious people are those that outrightly state that they are irreligious. That figure does not include irreligious people who still identify as christians due to baptism or tradition. There is also the fact that irreligious people tick "I don't know" or "other religion", as well.

That aside, Germany is a very secular country. That is an undeniable fact.

Isreal is not as religious as Nigeria. Isreal has never won the world cup. Isreal is also a racist country that has failed to understand peace since the 70s.

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by paxonel(m): 3:15pm On Jun 27, 2018
winner01:
You said it in 2016. Still no one cares.
but the question I'm asking is, why will Nigerians pray that eagles should win when they already know that God will never answer their prayer?

Why can't they just accept that if Nigeria had won, it would have been fate and not a miracle?

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by dalaman: 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2018
paxonel:
but the question I'm asking is, why will Nigerians pray that eagles should win when they already know that God will never answer their prayer?

Why can't they just accept that if Nigeria had won, it would have been fate and not a miracle?

A God that didn't answer the prayers of those christians that were killed inside churches by the terrorist Fulanis as they were worshipping him last Sunday in Jos can not and will never hear the prayers of the Nigerian national football team.

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 4:13pm On Jun 27, 2018
superhumanist:
Winner01,

Receive sense!

1. Just like several developed countries, Germany is a Christian majority country and they are doing very well.

2. Brazil, Argentina and other religious countries have won the world cup severally. If Germany wins the world cup, it means a Christian majority country entry would have won the world cup, where are the atheists countries?

3. You have missed the total point. This is not about religion influencing football. This is about the world not giving a sh*t about atheist opinions.
Any atheist opinion on football or sports simply constitutes a nuisance.

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 4:16pm On Jun 27, 2018
superhumanist:

It would pay you to do research before coming to argue. Try to understand how these polls on religion are done.

That 35-36% of religious people are those that outrightly state that they are irreligious. That figure does not include irreligious people who still identify as christians due to baptism or tradition. There is also the fact that irreligious people tick "I don't know" or "other religion", as well.

That aside, Germany is a very secular country. That is an undeniable fact.

Isreal is not as religious as Nigeria. Isreal has never won the world cup. Isreal is also a racist country that has failed to understand peace since the 70s.
I am irreligious. If I was asked to tick a questionairre, I would attest to being irreligious. Religion is good, but do not believe in religion, I believe in God as shown through Christ Jesus.

How about the majority of religious countries that have won the world cup? What nuisance do you have to contribute to that fact?

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by superhumanist(m): 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2018
winner01:

1. Just like several developed countries, Germany is a Christian majority country and they are doing very well.

2. Brazil, Argentina and other religious countries have won the world cup severally. If Germany wins the world cup, it means a Christian majority country entry would have won the world cup, where are the atheists countries?

3. You have missed the total point. This is not about religion influencing football. This is about the world not giving a sh*t about atheist opinions.
Any atheist opinion on football or sports simply constitutes a nuisance.

Germany is a secular country.

Atheism has nothing to do with sports. Your thread is silly
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 4:18pm On Jun 27, 2018
paxonel:

Because no reasonable person believes that this world is all there is, and that we came here on our own. Best we can do, is to prepare, work hard and believe that God will shine his face on us.

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 4:19pm On Jun 27, 2018
dalaman:

A God that didn't answer the prayers of those christians that were killed inside churches by the terrorist Fulanis as they were worshipping him last Sunday in Jos can not and will never hear the prayers of the Nigerian national football team.
I don't think any of those Christians were killed in ways more gruesome than any of Christ's disciples. So?
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 4:21pm On Jun 27, 2018
superhumanist:

Germany is a secular country.

Atheism has nothing to do with sports. Your thread is silly
A christian Majority country is secular grin, Nigeria is also a secular country. At least its neither a Christian country nor a Muslim country.

If atheism has nothing to do with sports, why do you open stupid threads on God and sports? Is it the delusion? undecided undecided

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by superhumanist(m): 4:26pm On Jun 27, 2018
winner01:
I am irreligious. If I was asked to tick a questionairre, I would attest to being irreligious. Religion is good, but do not believe in religion, I believe in God as shown through Christ Jesus.

How about the majority of religious countries that have won the world cup? What nuisance do you have to contribute to that fact?

Christianity is not a religion?

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 4:32pm On Jun 27, 2018
superhumanist:

Christianity is not a religion?
I've answered that severally here. Christianity is not a religion. Whatever you or any other retar*d thinks of this is yours and yours alone.

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by superhumanist(m): 4:34pm On Jun 27, 2018
winner01:
A christian Majority country is secular grin, Nigeria is also a secular country. At least its neither a Christian country nor a Muslim country.

If atheism has nothing to do with sports, why do you open stupid threads on God and sports? Is it the delusion? undecided undecided

Ogbeni, look up the meaning of secularism before you talk rubbish. Germany is a secular country as there separation of government from religion.

In many areas in the Eastern parts, Germany is not just secular but atheistic with more then 90% of the population not belonging to any church (also no Muslims around there).

In other regions like Bavaria, which is a catholic stronghold, courts decided the last years on removing religious symbols like crosses in court rooms and schools, on basis of the German constitution.

Also, stop telling lies. I never opened any thread on sports and religion.
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by winner01(m): 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2018
superhumanist:

Ogbeni, look up the meaning of secularism before you talk rubbish. Germany is a secular country as there separation of government from religion.

Also, stop telling lies. I never opened any thread on sports and religion.

Germany is about 70% Christian. Of course its a secular country. As far as I'm aware, I only know of atheist countries (north Korea) and Islamic countries, I don't think there's any term like Christian country even if the Christian population is 95%. We are not as obsessed.

I never meant you particularly, I meant the obsession of atheists, the nuisance atheists constitute. This thread is a good example.

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by paxonel(m): 4:51pm On Jun 27, 2018
dalaman:

if God chooses not to answer does not mean he cannot answer.

Our fate of success or failure is in our hands does not mean that there are no supernaturalz .

Your inability to perceive whether God exist or not is only restricted to your perception, so like the agnostics you atheists don't have any say grin
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by superhumanist(m): 5:05pm On Jun 27, 2018
winner01:
I've answered that severally here. Christianity is not a religion. Whatever you or any other retar*d thinks of this is yours and yours alone.

Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by dalaman: 5:06pm On Jun 27, 2018
winner01:
I don't think any of those Christians were killed in ways more gruesome than any of Christ's disciples. So?

My point exactly. If your God can not save his most loyal disciples then why waste time praying to it to save you?

Why are Nigerians wasting time praying to God to give them victory over their enemies and in their daily endeavors if he can not help his most loyal disciples assuming the stories about the disciples of Jesus is true.

It's shows that prayers when in distress or danger are totally useless and a waste of time.
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by dalaman: 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2018
paxonel:
if God chooses not to answer does not mean he cannot answer.

Our fate of success or failure is in our hands does not mean that there are no supernaturalz .

Your inability to perceive whether God exist or not is only restricted to your perception, so like the agnostics you atheists don't have any say grin

Why will a God that is in a personal relationship with people allow their enemies to enter into his presence ( according to the bible, where two or 3 are gathered in his name he is there with them) and kill them off gruesomely while they were screaming and calling unto his name for help. Some of them were burnt alive. Tell me why a God that exist will allow that to happen to his alleged children whom we are told he loves.
Re: World Cup: Where Is The God Of Isreal Now? by dalaman: 5:17pm On Jun 27, 2018
Am sad my two countries have been knocked out of the world cup. I expected Nigeria and Germany (my two nations) to go far. cry cry

The Cowardice Of Christianity (re; The Cowardice Of Atheism) / Africa, Foreign Religions And Cultural Genocide. / The Evil Of Tribalism In The Nigeria Church

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65