Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,216 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

How Africans Approach Their Worldcup Games Is A Reflection Of Who We Are - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Africans Approach Their Worldcup Games Is A Reflection Of Who We Are (413 Views)

Fifa-ban Lauren James From Worldcup And Other International Matches / Real Vs Fake Super Eagles Jersey #worldcup [photos] / Ross Barkley : I Wished Nigeria Picked Me For The Worldcup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Africans Approach Their Worldcup Games Is A Reflection Of Who We Are by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 26, 2018
Trust Africans never to rise to the occasion when it matters most sad sad
whether it is Football,politics, security, basic needs, etc. we are
constantly being disappointed by the people in the position to make a difference and also our attitude to make excuses and accept mediocrity.

I'll just focus on the worldcup for now

All Super Eagles needed was a draw ...a f.ucking DRAW!!!, they said "no way! we must keep up the tradition and disappoint Africa" so they allowed Messi to score. Argentina had the toughest job to do today but they made it so easy for them

Croatia did their job to ensure the path was easier to the round of 16, Even the referee sef dashed them penalty to qualify when they couldn't score after a million chances in open play. Super Eagles still said "No way! Africa must not catch a break " and allowed Argentina score a very late goal which could have been avoided to kill our hopes.

All they needed was a draw! gosh I'm so hurt

In fact Super eagles are not better than any team in Africa. Super eagles are just like the rest of them. No one should even make fan of any country and neither should they ..Ghana, Morroco South Africa, Egypt, Cameron, Senegal.... we all the same. You can never count on us when it matters most.

South Africa: first and only Host nation ever to not make it to the round of 16

Ghana: No matter what Suarez did in that game against Uruguay Asamoah Gyan should have still scored that Penalty when it mattered most.

Egypt: Have dominated the game in Africa for years, After waiting for about 30 years they manage to qualify at the expense of Ghana and still managed to leave Russia with zero points.

Ivory Coast: had probably some of the best players in the world with stars like Yaya Toure and Drogba and still couldn't qualify from group stages at all their worldcup appearances.

Senegal: Trust them to also disappoint when we least expect it. They could have sealed their round of 16 qualification in their previous game and still decided to settle for a draw after taking the lead twice to score.

Cameroun : The least said about them the better

Africa we need to wake up! its 2018 for crying out loud! We can not use the colonization, racism and slavery excuse any more. We need to be able to do well for ourselves inspite of the challenges. There will always be challenges

I've never been so heart broken like I was tonight.

It is well
Re: How Africans Approach Their Worldcup Games Is A Reflection Of Who We Are by Geosystem(m): 12:04am On Jun 27, 2018
I share in ur pain sister. I never gave Nigeria hope in this world Cup due to previous disappointment in past World Cup matches. I didn't even see the game. If I was into betting I would have picked up victory for Argentina to make small cash. Nigeria always disappoints on the global stage and form local champion on the local stage.
Re: How Africans Approach Their Worldcup Games Is A Reflection Of Who We Are by oshe11: 12:20am On Jun 27, 2018
If MESSI was a COUNTRY, I'd be a MESSICAN

1 Like

Re: How Africans Approach Their Worldcup Games Is A Reflection Of Who We Are by Follygunners: 4:16pm On Jun 28, 2018
You're very correct. The major problem isn't our ability but, the negative mind-set and mediocre ideologies instilled into us by... God knows who? Perhaps, the devil? grin

It isn't only about sports but, all spheres of our lives. Africans are the least progressive group of people on the planet. The introduction of religion even made it worse. Religion is supposed to be make us understand better and live freely without fear of adversaries but, sadly, it's had a very, very negative impact on us. Our culture and traditional beliefs didn't perfectly mesh with these foreign religious beliefs. undecided

We live in a society where poverty and ignorance is utilized as a strategy and tool to control the mindset of the average individual at the grassroots. We blame some foolish leaders and politicians but, the BIGGEST problem is the people itself. We're doomed!

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable Germany!!! / Mascherano Did Not Die In Russia / Fabian Ruiz Has Agreed A Five-year Deal With Napoli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.