Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,322 members, 7,811,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Akwa Ibom State Government Reiterates Value-added Agric Programme - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Akwa Ibom State Government Reiterates Value-added Agric Programme (329 Views)

Why You Should Utilize The Value Added Products Of Maize For Maximum Profit / FG Targets Five Million Jobs From €995m Agric Programme / Rice Mill Opens In Ini, Akwa Ibom State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom State Government Reiterates Value-added Agric Programme by ThePioneer: 11:31am On Jun 27, 2018
he Akwa Ibom government is to develop areas of agriculture that will add value to food production across the country.
The deputy governor, Mr Moses Ekpo, made the comment while speaking with Midweek Pioneer during the inauguration of the first automated rice seed and seedling factory by President Muhammadu Buhari in Calabar, the Cross River capital, Tuesday.
According to the deputy governor, Akwa Ibom was looking at other areas of agriculture and has intended to develop something that would benefit the entire country.
Ekpo said that in Akwa Ibom, for instance, a fertilizer blending factory was on now, adding that it was important to look at what soil would take rice and what kind of fertilizer blending it needs.
On the benefits of the rice factory in Calabar, the deputy governor affirmed that “our farmers in Akwa Ibom will like to buy seedlings that will grow.
“The seedling from the factory will grow because it has already been groomed.” Ekpo added that this will attract the entire country to the city of Calabar.
On the frequent boundary crises between Akwa Ibom and Cross River, Mr Ekpo called on both states to keep their houses in order.
He said that the misunderstanding does not make the two states enemies, revealing that he and his counterpart in Cross River were working very hard to ensure that there is peace at the boundary.
Ekpo, who described Calabar as his home, recalled that he worked for the Cross River government as a commissioner for information.
“I lived here. I worked for this government and these are my people,” he said.

http://pioneernewsonline.com/news/aksg-reiterates-value-added-agric-programme

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Tractor To Clear 50 Acres / Would You Rather Eat Insects In Place Of Drugs To Save Your Life? / 6 Weekz Local Turkey For Sale @ Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.