Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,255 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

"We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans (18109 Views)

Lekki Shootings: Arsenal Sympathize With Nigerian Fans / FIFA Strips Maradona Off Ambassador Role For Giving Nigerian Fans Middle Finger / That Ridiculous Booing Of Dele Alli By Nigerian Fans During England Vs Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by YomzzyDBlogger: 12:09pm On Jun 27, 2018
@YomzzyBlog.com

Super Eagles captain John Mikel Obi has penned a message to Nigerian Fans and Supporters after Nigeria crashed out of the World Cup following a 2-1 defeat to Argentina yesterday.

In the message posted on his IG page, he wrote;

"We fought until the end and we are all hurting with you. Your support has driven us throughout the World Cup and we cannot thank you enough."

Gists via: http://www.yomzzyblog.com/2018/06/we-fought-until-end-mikel-obi-pens.html

16 Likes

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by YomzzyDBlogger: 12:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
We are still proud of you all sad

Visit here for more >> http://www.yomzzyblog.com/2018/06/we-fought-until-end-mikel-obi-pens.html

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by Holuwahyomzzy: 12:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
It's so painful we lost but Let us remain "United" just the same way we came together to watch Nigeria play at the World Cup..Let's pray for Plateau.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by RoyalBlak007: 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2018
Where is the

Mikel of 2005 please?

10 Likes

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by Rickyzagy: 12:40pm On Jun 27, 2018
200 persons massacred in a country non of the player could even wear a band for morning in solidarity yet you wish to win.

The three point and three goals means the three tribe in nigeria and the three way it will break

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by chuksville(m): 1:07pm On Jun 27, 2018
Mikel why are you penning apologies when you know too well that you''ll fail before you even started. Ogbeni this is what I call 'belated efforts'... Whoosaah!!!

2 Likes

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by Benjaniblinks(m): 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2018
But It Wasn't Enough.
Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by lexyman(m): 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2018
yes , we agreed you fought , but your effort wasn't enough ... and the tactical awareness cost us the game . i will forgive you guys for one reason ... just wire my share of the bonus to my .....akant .
Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by Bossontop(m): 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2018
grin cheesy grin
Yes oo una try ehhn.......wehdon abeg forward me ighalo adress make i thank am personally after i don go greet d ref finish.....yhu hear

14 Likes

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by countsparrow: 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2018
Before now, if Naija lose i will feel dejected and food will not go well....

But yesterday, after the loss, i balance with beans laced with crayfish, and Fagba traffic bread, oh lala... This meal went well and i slept afterwards like a baby...

Etebo overplays at times, and Odion should be a ball boy not a footballer, too crude without finesse...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 27, 2018
Lemme come and be going ���, 2 penalties in 1 match? that first penalty was too cheap, balogun dived, if refs keep on giving out penalties because of every single foul committed in the 18 yard box, then football will not be the same, bla, bla bla, that was an open post, igahlo missed it and was looking for a second penalty, blame the coach and igahlo, if things don't go our way, we will start shouting racism up and down, and playing the victim card, no need crying over a split milk, just learn from it and move on, at least we were better than Egypt, who couldn't even manage a draw

13 Likes

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by GlorifiedTunde(m): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2018
Indeed they did.

But next time,

1) Do not joke with any games even if its your first;

2) We shouldn't involve strikers that will miss golden opportunities.

#end

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by Spacless(m): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2018
Rickyzagy:
200 persons massacred in a country non of the player could even wear a band for morning in solidarity yet you wish to win.

The three point and three goals means the three tribe in nigeria and the three way it will break

1 Like

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by wakililipupuru: 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2018
Good of you
Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by Freak4achild(f): 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2018
Abeg una don try jare. You guys can rest now.
Me am just happy that you promised Buhari the world cup just like he promised us change. grin

7 Likes

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by SirLakes: 3:22pm On Jun 27, 2018
Issorite

1 Like

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2018
chuksville:
Mikel why are you penning apologies when you know too well that you''ll fail before you even started. Ogbeni this is what I call 'belated efforts'... Whoosaah!!!
Please, did you watch the match... You sound like you just heard.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by cooluc(f): 3:23pm On Jun 27, 2018
You guys tried!
Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by Owaincouncil: 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ija didinrin wo ni eleyi ja.
Lazy captain
Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by hunter21(m): 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2018
they all played very well but Argentina was lucky

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by Authoreety: 3:27pm On Jun 27, 2018
Mikel shld shut up already!

They wr d dullest team in d tournament

All of dem except musa wr jst running around like overfed agric fowls

No strategy at alll....

Nothing nothing at alll...

They messssed up biggest time

4 Likes

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by 234GT(m): 3:29pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ighalo should never play again for Nigeria.
Rohr should be sacked for bringing on Ighalo ahead of Iwobi. He should have brought on Iwobi for Iheanacho and used a false 9 system.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by phase1: 3:30pm On Jun 27, 2018
Hmm. I laugh.

Anyway you'd still bribe your way to Qatar 2022 where you'd still go and give 100 back passes without one offensive pass.

7 Likes

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by Omeokachie: 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2018
Well said boy, well said.

To those saying that the team did not wear a black hand band...
I am yet to see any on the state governor, ministers, senators, house of reps, house of assembly members from that state.

If the people that are directly affected have not seemed it fit to honour their dead in such a manner, why take out such frustration on the team in Russia?

4 Likes

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by eezeribe(m): 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2018
RoyalBlak007:
Where is the

Mikel of 2005 please?
Are you still the way you were 13 years ago

3 Likes

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by abike12(f): 3:31pm On Jun 27, 2018
only one country can be the winner... better luck in Qatar
Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 27, 2018
Even Argentina players knew their winning was just a luck. They could still feel the grip of the match on them. Naija would remain a fear to them for some while.

You all tried your best.
More power to your elbows

4 Likes

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by holluphemydavid(m): 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2018
Our boys really tried, I applaud dem for Dat match

2 Likes

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by CtrlA(m): 3:36pm On Jun 27, 2018
Make una come make we go back Nigeria, I don leave una dey go oooo

2 Likes

Re: "We Fought Until The End": Mikel Obi Pens Message To Nigerian Fans by bezimo(m): 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ighalo father's house didn't want him to be great.
He missed a begging chance

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WAFCON 2022: I’m Proud Of My Team – Super Falcons Coach, Waldrum / Why We Abandoned Abuja Stadium – NFF / Which Country Do You Think Would Win The 2018 World Cup?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.