Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

OFFICIAL: Everton Confirm Wayne Rooney Will Join MLS Club De United (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / OFFICIAL: Everton Confirm Wayne Rooney Will Join MLS Club De United (Photos) (252 Views)

Everton Confirm Frank Lampard As New Manager (Photos) / Paul Pogba Reacts After Jose Mourinho’s Sack By Manchester United. Photos / Football Fans Fight In Abia State After Match With Katsina United. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

OFFICIAL: Everton Confirm Wayne Rooney Will Join MLS Club De United (Photos) by GisthoodBlog(m): 5:54pm On Jun 28, 2018
MLS Club DC United have announced an agreement with Everton to sign Wayne Rooney on a permanent transfer.

The 32-year-old has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal with the club.

Rooney is joined Everton last season, is the all-time leading goal scorer for Manchester United and the England National Team having scored 208 goals in 16 seasons in the Premier League.

"It is fantastic to be joining D.C. United at such an exciting time in the club’s history with the new stadium opening in just a few weeks," Wayne Rooney said.

"Moving to America and MLS fulfills another career ambition for me. I have the hunger to be a success here and will give D.C. 100 percent - as I have always done for every team I have ever played for. When I visited earlier this summer I was really impressed with everyone I met connected with the club, and of course the new Audi Field. Now I can’t wait to get on the pitch in a United shirt and join my new teammates to bring success to this club."

Also, A statement on Everton's official website confirmed details of the move, as well as paying tribute to England and United's all-time record goalscorer.

"Everton and Wayne Rooney have reached an agreement for the player to join MLS side D.C. United on a permanent transfer," it read.

"England’s record goalscorer will move to Washington after scoring 11 goals in 40 Everton appearances following his return to the Club from Manchester United last summer.

"The forward initially joined Everton aged nine and graduated through the Blues’ renowned Academy before making his first-team debut against Tottenham Hotspur on the opening day of the 2002/03 Premier League season.

"Rooney will complete the formalities of his move when the MLS transfer window opens on July 10.

"From everyone at Everton, we thank Waynefor his service to the Club and wish him every success in the next three-and-a-half years with DC United."

Source: SPORTDAB
http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/06/official-everton-confirm-wayne-rooney.html

cc: Lalasticlala

Re: OFFICIAL: Everton Confirm Wayne Rooney Will Join MLS Club De United (Photos) by Bilabong(m): 6:17pm On Jun 28, 2018
Make this guy retire na...

(1) (Reply)

Daily Soccer Predictions PREDICTION (06/07/2018) / Confirmed! Cristiano Ronaldo Transfers To Juventus For €110M Deal / Comprehensive And Detail Statistics Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.