Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

A Bloody Country - What Is The Way Forward? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Bloody Country - What Is The Way Forward? (294 Views)

Black Vs White: Crazy Ladies In A Bloody Fight With One Angry At Chinese (video) / Cult Leader Arrested After Bloody Clash Between Aye & Eiye Cult Members / Edo Girls Who Trekked To Italy For Prostitution Fight Bloody At Refugee Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Bloody Country - What Is The Way Forward? by xtizzy: 10:06pm On Jun 28, 2018
Oh Nigeria!
Words fail me to express how I feel, to say I'm sad is an understatement. I'm more of confused, perplexed, scared, angry and... and... I don't even know! I'm just heartbroken!
Every single day, there are records of untimely violent deaths recorded in this country.

It's either a trailer is crashing a 14 year old, or herdsmen are slaughtering people like cows, or a tanker exploding and claiming lives.

So many deaths! So many casualties! And yet this country is in no official war.

What's the way forward?
How can this stop?
Is it possible we're being punished for an unknown sin?

I'm sad. My heart is heavy. ☹️☹️

Violent death : 1,351 killed in 10 weeks

ON March 11, 2018 10:20 AM / IN Headlines,
News , Special Report / Comments
• 676 in Jan, 526 in Feb, 146 in March
• North-East tops list with 591, South-East least with 30
By Clifford Ndujihe & Chukwumezie Udochukwu
For many Nigerian families, 2018 has become a nigtmare on account of deaths resulting from auto accidents and violent crimes.
Just about 10 weeks into the new year, the country has lost 1,351 to violent deaths,according to Sunday Vanguard checks.
Last month, no fewer than 517 people died violently, across the country.
In January, about 676 Nigerians were cut down through herdsmen and farmers clashes, sectarian crises, communal clashes, Boko Haram insurgency, cult clashes, kidnapping, and ritual killings, among others. The deaths are 176 more than the 500 recorded in January 2017.
The 1,351 deaths recorded since the beginning of 2018 exclude those who died from illness, childbirth, Lassa fever, etc.
The North-East remains the killing field with 591 deaths. It is followed by North-Central, 270; North-West, 193; South-West, 136; and South-South, 131.
At the bottom of the list is South-East, 30.
Borno State, the hotbed of the Book Haram insurgency, recorded the highest number of deaths with a figure of 361.
Borno is followed by Benue, 163; and Borno’s north-eastern neighbours, Taraba (107) and Adamawa, which witnessed 103 violent deaths; Kaduna, 71; Rivers, 66; Plateau, 54; Zamfara, 45; Lagos, 45.
States that also recorded huge deaths include Ondo, 39; Ogun, 35; Jigawa, 30; Kano, 27; Nasarawa, 22; Delta, 19; Anambra, 18; Kebbi, 18; Akwa Ibom, 16; Kogi, 14, and Cross River, 14.
The rest are Oyo, 12; Bauchi, 11; Yobe, 9; Edo, 9; Bayelsa, 7; Kwara, 6; FCT Abuja, 6; Niger, 5; Enugu, 4; Imo, 4; Ebonyi, 3; Katsina, 2; Ekiti, 2; Abia, 1; and Osun, 1.
There were no reported violent deaths in Gombe and Sokoto.
Re: A Bloody Country - What Is The Way Forward? by xtizzy: 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2018
Re: A Bloody Country - What Is The Way Forward? by oxygenlove(m): 10:15pm On Jun 28, 2018
A Country Where Cows Are Important Than Human . A Country Where Only One Man Will Kill Many For Money Ritual. No Value For The Masses. The Poor Are Killed For The Fun Of Whatever. God Save Us From Shithole. :C

(1) (Reply)

Why SARS Will Not Be Disbanded – ACP Jimoh Moshood / Amb Bosinde & Rivers State Commissioner Of Police In PR Billboard / Nigerian Woman Jailed For 14 Years In The UK For Sex Trafficking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.