Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,991 members, 7,814,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

The Safer Way To Protect Your Smartphone From The Worst Falls [VIDEO] - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Safer Way To Protect Your Smartphone From The Worst Falls [VIDEO] (529 Views)

Voicenote On Whatsapp Is The Worst Invention / The Camon 18 Premier Is My New Favourite Smartphone From Tecno / Chinese Market Where You Can Build A Smartphone From Scratch In A Couple Of Hour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Safer Way To Protect Your Smartphone From The Worst Falls [VIDEO] by captaindozy: 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2018
[img]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENnlKd6KiII[/img]

Source:http://www.econcept.com.ng/2018/06/this-case-with-spidey-legs-will-protect.html

Life can be difficult for the clumsy ones. Our phones slip off our hands on a daily basis, and with the multiple falls, the probability of the phone falling at that one screen-shattering angle becomes so high. To an extent that no tempered glass can save your device.

However, if we keep faith in tech, here’s a possible saviour for us.
The brainchild of Aalen University engineering student Philip Frenzel, a new phone case was demonstrated, which protects the phone from the fall with the help of a set of springs that appear right before impact. Rather than breaking, the phone bounces back.

Frenzel created this device as his thesis project, and demonstrated this for German publication SWR, which refers to the concept as “an airbag for smartphones.” It’s easy to see the comparison: the protective elements only appear when an impact is detected.

Basically, when you drop your phone, the case detects falls and the protective hinged legs pop out at the last second. When the phone hits the ground, the legs of the case hit instead of the handset, and the springs in the legs absorb the impact. So even if the phone has fallen from a distance and bounces once or twice, the protective legs will hit the ground each time. The legs are curved both upward and downward, so whichever side the phone falls, it will be protected. Thus, causing no harm to the phone.

Other than that, the website for the case, refers to it as “Ad-case”. It also mentions that the case features an extra battery, as well as support for wireless charging. The protruding section of case on the back of the phone is said to be 4.9 mm thick, making it incredibly slim given its functionality.
Also, per the page, the smartphone case will be launching on crowdfunding website Kickstarter soon.

Source:http://www.econcept.com.ng/2018/06/this-case-with-spidey-legs-will-protect.html
Re: The Safer Way To Protect Your Smartphone From The Worst Falls [VIDEO] by calddon(m): 4:55pm On Jun 29, 2018
Wow thats innovation, lots of sensors would be needed for that
Re: The Safer Way To Protect Your Smartphone From The Worst Falls [VIDEO] by Abiodunspectre(m): 3:50pm On Jun 30, 2018
How do i get this for my Tecno Spark 2.
Re: The Safer Way To Protect Your Smartphone From The Worst Falls [VIDEO] by Myphonearena: 9:47pm On Jun 30, 2018
calddon:
Wow thats innovation, lots of sensors would be needed for that
I tell you. Not those ones made out of silicone material with shapes in giant circle at every edge, hiding the beauty of the phone and giving it a very awkward shape. This is ingenuity.
Re: The Safer Way To Protect Your Smartphone From The Worst Falls [VIDEO] by saxby(f): 12:54am On Jul 01, 2018
nice innovation,i know i consider my tecno spark a strong device but i think this technology will come in handy too.

(1) (Reply)

Apple Has Become The World's First Company To Worth One Trillon Dollars / Blackberry KEY2 LE Launched With Fingerprint Sensor Located On Its Space Bar. / Huawei Says Its New Smartphone Chip Is Totally Faster Than Snapdragon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.